Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by pleasure
I tried searching everywhere but maybe I missed it. for this promotion (Offer A) is the American Express Aeroplan Corporate Reserve Card eligible? I do not see it listed in the T&Cs. thanks
Originally Posted by tootsieroll48
This promo is for all Aeroplan members, regardless if you hold an Aeroplan credit card or not
tootsieroll48 - OP s referring to Offer A:

‘Offer A: Get More out of Aeroplan’: Earn 5,000 SQM, 5 SQS and $500 SQD when completing at least three (3) Eligible Activities
pleasure - From the T&Cs:

• Eligible Core or Premium Aeroplan credit cards include:
    • TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card,
    • TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card,
    • TD® Aeroplan® Visa* Business Card,
    • American Express®* Aeroplan® Reserve Card,
    • American Express®* Aeroplan® Card,
    • American Express®* Aeroplan® Business Reserve Card,
    • CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card,
    • CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card,
    • CIBC Aeroplan® Visa* Business Plus,
    • CIBC Aeroplan® Visa* Business,
    • Chase Aeroplan® Card.
The American Express Aeroplan Corporate Reserve Card appears to be distinct from the American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card, so going by the T&Cs, I'd guess the answer is 'no'.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: AC-SE, IHG Ambassador, National Executive, LHW
Thanks Capedreamer; that is what I had guessed as well. Just wanted to be sure with the experts here. I could try calling in but I am sure the agent will read the T&Cs like we do.
This is for my wife. residing outside Canada makes it a bit more difficult. I linked her Canadian Starbuck account and did the Uber one with my goddaughter's mobile but the reward menu not there yet. I guess will go to estore to have a 4th activity just in case. Sadly we were planning to go to Canada last week to see family but had to cancel due to sudden illness. We would have gone to LCBO for an easy activity.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
Originally Posted by Duff76
so, my original itinerary from YVR-NRT was switched to YVR-SYD. I used the credit from the Narita flight and applied it to the Sydney flight. The concierge assured me that the credit was like cash and I would get the full SQD value of the Sydney flight and that it would be eligible for the 2x promo.

First leg posted and it is for the fair difference between the NRT and SYD flights. Colour me very nervous.
Update:

Sent in the form on Monday. Issue resolved today. Was told the bonus SQ* is coming in the next few weeks.

Very pleased with the quick turnaround. They seem to be on top of this issue.
vancouver25k and Bindy Johal like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Was told the bonus SQ* is coming in the next few weeks.
They've been saying that for weeks.

Very pleased with the quick turnaround. They seem to be on top of this issue.
Really? To me they seem completely incompetent.
yyztozag and Bindy Johal like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
They've been saying that for weeks.

Really? To me they seem completely incompetent.
just meant the resolution of the issue. In fact, I was over compensated now that have I reviewed it. So I guess incompetence is a good description.

I am not at all fussed about when the bonus gets credited and, in terms of preserving prior rewards, wouldn’t mind it being done post July 1.

I get that others are looking for status bumps now though.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pleasure
Thanks Capedreamer; that is what I had guessed as well. Just wanted to be sure with the experts here. I could try calling in but I am sure the agent will read the T&Cs like we do.
This is for my wife. residing outside Canada makes it a bit more difficult. I linked her Canadian Starbuck account and did the Uber one with my goddaughter's mobile but the reward menu not there yet. I guess will go to estore to have a 4th activity just in case. Sadly we were planning to go to Canada last week to see family but had to cancel due to sudden illness. We would have gone to LCBO for an easy activity.
It’s not impossible for someone here to use your Aeroplan number when they walk into an LCBO store. Someone very generously did it for me…
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I am not at all fussed about when the bonus gets credited and, in terms of preserving priority rewards, wouldn’t mind it being done post July 1.
Seriously. Just for myself, this could show up Dec 30 and I wouldn't be mad.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Seriously. Just for myself, this could show up Dec 30 and I wouldn't be mad.
I am a bit mad since the bonus did not show up on time and I needed another Priority reward. I did get a Priority reward this week from flying but the flight that I had wanted is now gone and I had to book a more inconvenient flight connection today for around 70K more. Hopefully better options show up and I can rebook though I am not holding my breadth.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
I am a bit mad since the bonus did not show up on time and I needed another Priority reward. I did get a Priority reward this week from flying but the flight that I had wanted is now gone and I had to book a more inconvenient flight connection today for around 70K more. Hopefully better options show up and I can rebook though I am not holding my breadth.
I totally get this. It is amazing to me that crediting 100% bonus is such a problem and isn’t done contemporaneously with the crediting of the standard SQx. Seems like it would be a routine coding/algorithm thing. But what I know about IT could fill a thimble. Half way.
YULRvR likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Status Sweep - April 27 around 19:20 EST!!

Many of my flights since February 20 have posted, but a noticeable number of flights have still not been credited.
theranj and Bindy Johal like this.

Last edited by TTC900Rocket; Apr 27, 2022 at 7:17 pm Reason: Revised the title slightly and updated flight comment.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
My flights since February 20 have posted and I have hit SE for the first time in a handful of years!
Congratulations! Did the promo bonus post too or just the flight SQM/SQD
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:35 pm

I'm just checking my dashboard now; my flights up to April 17 have been credited. YMMV, everyone else.

I have not been given a link to make my select benefts; 2 status passes have been awarded to my dashboard, the SE black card logo is now my profile pic, I received a 150K threshold bonus (20K Aeroplan points). Missing about 60-80 eupgrade credits, but I suspect that will take a day or two to be deposited.

I would love to have the ability to get 100% Aeroplan Elite bonus miles as well.

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
Are you referring to the 5000 SQM/$500 SQD as part of the Starbucks/Uber/Credit Card "sub"-promo? That I cannot say for sure yet, as I was close to SE even without this promotion being taken into consideration.

vancouver25k and Bindy Johal like this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 28, 2022 at 12:56 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:50 pm

Are you referring to the 5000 SQM/$500 SQD as part of the Starbucks/Uber/Credit Card "sub"-promo? That I cannot say for sure yet, as I was close to SE without this promotion being taken into consideration.
No just the 100% bonus part from Part 2 of this promo!
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:59 pm

Yes - Part 2 (the doubling of my SQM/SQD/SQS totals) is what enabled me to reach various thresholds.

No just the 100% bonus part from Part 2 of this promo!
kalderlake likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:03 pm

Yes - Part 2 (the doubling of my SQM/SQD/SQS totals) is what enabled me to reach various thresholds.
This is great news for everyone! I am excited to get my bonus too now!
TTC900Rocket likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.