Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: AC 75K
My bonuses for flights in March & April haven't posted yet, so YMMV indeed
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
From what I can see, the promotional 100% bonus is including the COS bonus, too.

In other words, for flights booked in PY I'm getting base*1.25 for the flight, and another base*1.25 for the bonus.

That makes me happy
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canopus27
From what I can see, the promotional 100% bonus is including the COS bonus, too.

In other words, for flights booked in PY I'm getting base*1.25 for the flight, and another base*1.25 for the bonus.

That makes me happy
That was definitely not how the first batch worked, and I have not received anything else. Nor do I have any flights this year below 125%.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That was definitely not how the first batch worked, and I have not received anything else. Nor do I have any flights this year below 125%.
Admittedly the Aeroplan activity list is a leading contender for the worst way to possibly display data ... not only is there no "download as CSV" option, but the displayed HTML is not even a real table so you can't even copy & paste to a spreadsheet ... ugh ...

That all means it is possible I'm having a brain fade and I'm interpreting things wrong ... but I don't think I am. I'm seeing "Air Canada Promotion 2022 GET CLOSER TO STATUS WHEN YOU TRAVEL WITH AIR CANADA" SQM as the same amount as the original SQM (aka base*1.25) - while the "Aeroplan Elite Status Bonus: Super Elite" bonus is just showing up as base.
Bindy Johal likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Admittedly the Aeroplan activity list is a leading contender for the worst way to possibly display data ... not only is there no "download as CSV" option, but the displayed HTML is not even a real table so you can't even copy & paste to a spreadsheet ... ugh ...
I send a request in every few months asking for this feature......not a priority at the moment
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE

That makes me happy
I received 1.25 bonus also......now trying to match up all the bonuses to make sure they got it right!
LukeyD and Bindy Johal like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
My flights since February 20 have posted, but a noticeable number of flights have still not been credited.
I am in the same boat - almost 1/2 have not credited and it is difficult to match these all up. I assume Ac will allow us to contact Ernst & Young for some support here

CC
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:06 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
An example of what canopus27 is talking about:

Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
I am in the same boat - almost 1/2 have not credited and it is difficult to match these all up. I assume Ac will allow us to contact Ernst & Young for some support here

CC
I've had to join the ranks of those with spreadsheets...
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Got about half of my "Air Canada Promotion 2022 GET CLOSER TO STATUS WHEN YOU TRAVEL WITH AIR CANADA" this afternoon.
For most of my April flights (about 6/10 segments), the “Promo 2022” posted but none of the March flights posted.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Originally Posted by fijaircan
Got about half of my "Air Canada Promotion 2022 GET CLOSER TO STATUS WHEN YOU TRAVEL WITH AIR CANADA" this afternoon.
For most of my April flights (about 6/10 segments), the “Promo 2022” posted but none of the March flights posted.
Well fingers crossed, but still showing nada from Feb 21 onwards here.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
Did anybody else notice that the 2002 Get Closer bonus was award SQM on class of service bonus rate(125%/150%) with the ones issued today, but my previous ones were only base SQM(100%)?
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
An example of what canopus27 is talking about:

With apologies for being an idiot, but how do you get 23114 pts for 3114sqm? I am guessing some 20k bonus I have no idea of.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by The Macker
Did anybody else notice that the 2002 Get Closer bonus was award SQM on class of service bonus rate(125%/150%) with the ones issued today, but my previous ones were only base SQM(100%)?
Indeed. It's all over the map.

My flights from Apr. 14th hasn't posted the Accelerate your way to status bonus, and my flight from Apr. 24th hasn't posted at all.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I see some but not all...confirmed COS included this time around.

Looks like it starting !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.