Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
I got 3 of 13 that were missing. Maybe overnight the rest will appear.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Nada for me but I’m sure it’s coming. Looking forward to getting the 125/150% as a pleasant surprise.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlY2XS
With apologies for being an idiot, but how do you get 23114 pts for 3114sqm? I am guessing some 20k bonus I have no idea of.
I am sure Bohemian will clarify but my guess is 20K bonus is a SE threshold bonus.
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
From 2/22-4/14 I am waiting for 12SQS and $2,390 SQD - I am 10 SQS/$1,200 SQD short of 75k, although getting the full SQD would get me to my next Priority Reward...I'm in no rush as I'm now switching to seaplanes for my weekly commute until end of Summer, but would be nice to see.
Some time between last night and this morning, I've received one leg SQX bonus from my last flight (4/14) and both legs of my third to last flight (3/31).

Now my missing SQX tracker is down to 9 SQS/$1,904 SQD. Long live my tracking spreadsheet!

Last edited by theranj; Apr 28, 2022 at 5:40 am
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:32 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
With apologies for being an idiot, but how do you get 23114 pts for 3114sqm? I am guessing some 20k bonus I have no idea of.
Yeah, I know it looks odd. It's an additional 20K Aeroplan points for clearing a threshold.

They don't break them out like they used to.

Originally Posted by The Macker
Did anybody else notice that the 2002 Get Closer bonus was award SQM on class of service bonus rate(125%/150%) with the ones issued today, but my previous ones were only base SQM(100%)?
Same here. I hope that they adjust the earlier ones up, rather than the later ones down.

I would have to call the situation rather fluid at this point.
FlY2XS likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 28, 2022 at 12:05 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
So mine have just come in. Sort of. I have 2 different PNRs where they have missed a segment or 2 each. So strange. But also 16k SQM and 2k+ SQD so not totally insignificant.

Should we just change the wiki to a shrug emoji?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 28, 2022 at 12:06 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
Many of my flights since February 20 have posted, but a noticeable number of flights have still not been credited.
I'm just checking my dashboard now; my flights up to April 17 have been credited. YMMV, everyone else.

I have not been given a link to make my select benefts; 2 status passes have been awarded to my dashboard, the SE black card logo is now my profile pic, I received a 150K threshold bonus (20K Aeroplan points). Missing about 60-80 eupgrade credits, but I suspect that will take a day or two to be deposited.

I would love to have the ability to get 100% Aeroplan Elite bonus miles as well.
Yes - Part 2 (the doubling of my SQM/SQD/SQS totals) is what enabled me to reach various thresholds.
Glad to see there is progress, but nothing yet for me.

Edit: The updates seem to be happening as we 'speak'. Just had the SQx for a flight from Feb 21 show up. But also still have SQx from flights on Feb 20 missing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nomadic.relief likes this.

Last edited by capedreamer; Apr 27, 2022 at 11:48 pm
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:52 am

Programs: AC 50K
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
So mine have just come in. Sort of. I have 2 different PNRs where they have missed a segment or 2 each. So strange. But also 16k SQM and 2k+ SQD so not totally insignificant.

Should we just change the wiki to a shrug emoji?
Same, missing my leg of YEG to YVR but the YVR to HNL shows up.

On another note, it seems they are giving out x2 SQM based on the fare.

I had comfort fare YVR to HNL, 100% SQM should be 2701, bonus was 3106, which is 115%.

anyone else with the same?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:58 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YBang
anyone else with the same?
Please read the other posts from this evening.
newfbc and YBang like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by YBang
... missing my leg of YEG to YVR but the YVR to HNL shows up...
Well dang, there goes my theory for my own missing segments. I have 3 segments missing, all involved US travel, so assumed that was it. Guess not.

Also considered connections vs direct flights, but nope, both kinds are missing.

Not going to bother getting worked up about it. Spreadsheet has been updated with missing data highlighted, with some luck it'll sort itself out before I forget what the correction was meant to be.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: AC 75k
It's funny; basically half of my legs have posted for the bonus so far, beginning Feb 21 and up to Apr 21. Some are first leg, others second. Maybe someone more sophisticated in the IT arts can explain why this is so. Happy to wait for all to restore balance, but once cleared, I should hit my first 75k thresholds. What are the standard dates for early recognition?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:29 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Anyone else find AC's inconsistency in referring to this promo to be amusing? The title of this thread, I think, came from the e-mail announcing the promo. The entries in our Aeroplan activity refer to "Get closer to status". And in the e-mail I got about an SQD discrepancy, it was referred to as "Soar to Status".

I had a quick look through my most recent flights, and it's also inconsistent. Of my EZE trip (YYC-YUL-GRU-EZE round trip, one PNR), only EZE-GRU seems not to have posted. From the previous weekend, YVR-LAX posted, LAX-YYC didn't (separate PNRs). I can't be bothered to spend any more time on this tonight.
V One likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
I am in the same boat as most folks on here. I had a bunch of my flights post the other day, but I am still missing two of them.
V One likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium
My experience as of midnight:
1. Random flights from February 17 to present have been credited the promo including COS bonus, while many within the time frame have not yet been credited.
2. The first batch of flights from January 7 (date of my first flight in 2022) to receive the bonus has not had the COS bonus added yet. (Based on last night’s additions, I expect COS bonus will be applied to the Jan 1-Feb 16 original batch eventually.)

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Anyone else find AC's inconsistency in referring to this promo to be amusing? The title of this thread, I think, came from the e-mail announcing the promo. The entries in our Aeroplan activity refer to "Get closer to status". And in the e-mail I got about an SQD discrepancy, it was referred to as "Soar to Status".

I had a quick look through my most recent flights, and it's also inconsistent. Of my EZE trip (YYC-YUL-GRU-EZE round trip, one PNR), only EZE-GRU seems not to have posted. From the previous weekend, YVR-LAX posted, LAX-YYC didn't (separate PNRs). I can't be bothered to spend any more time on this tonight.
I also noticed the almost interchangeable “Soar” and “Accelerate” and find the lack of consistency amusing.

i, too, have decided to stop spending time on it tonight. If some bonus posted today, some more can post again soon, is my thought.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 29, 2022 at 8:10 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: AC SE MM, ALL Platinum
It's funny; basically half of my legs have posted for the bonus so far, beginning Feb 21 and up to Apr 21. Some are first leg, others second. Maybe someone more sophisticated in the IT arts can explain why this is so. Happy to wait for all to restore balance, but once cleared, I should hit my first 75k thresholds. What are the standard dates for early recognition?
Same issue on my side. Random legs have posted between February 21st and April 20th. Missing 13 legs as of this morning. Guess time will tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.