Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:40 pm

New elite here trying to re-qualify for another year. Just completed Europe R/T. Credited 6305 SQM and 689 SQD including class of service bonus on PY. Also got another 200 SQD for U/G co-payment. Would the 100% bonus SQM and SQD apply to the total 6305 SQM and 689 SQD? or just the base SQM 5044 (6305-1261)? How about the U/G co-payment? Would the 100% bonus SQD also apply to the copay?
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
You will only get the 100% base SQM(5044) and SQD. It has not paid out SQD on co-payments for me.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Originally Posted by tracon
I hope you're right.
Both my e-mails had two check marks.

Is there a way to verify that Aeroplan knows I've completed three activities?
I have the credit card.
My *bucks card is linked.
I've received points for adding $$ to my card.
I have the Amex reserve, linked to Uber and made a purchase at LCBO.

I have not received ANY e-mails such as the ones you and others refer to.
I guess Ill just wait and see......
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Super Elite
Originally Posted by V One
The Terms and Conditions for the promotion have been changed and now read:
  • Please allow up to 6-8 weeks for Bonus SQM, SQS and SQD to be credited in your account, following the end of the Offer Period.

This means that all credits, whether Europe or not, could be posted as late as 8 weeks following September 30.
Do we know when this change was made? I would think that flights booked (or possibly flown) before the date of the change should be processed under the old terms (6-8 weeks after the date of travel)?

Kind of defeats the purpose of written Terms and Conditions if AC can just change them whenever they feel like, even if customers already spent a lot of money based on the previous version of the T&Cs.

Pretty pissed about it myself. Currently a 75K, flew a cash Business Lowest ticket to Europe ($6500) recently, expecting that the ~$12000 SQD would get me to SE by end of June (8 weeks after flights). Instead, I'll get it at the end of November, if AC doesn't change the T&Cs again before then. That's 5 months of SE that I should have had, but won't. Major bait and switch.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by JordanK
Do we know when this change was made? I would think that flights booked (or possibly flown) before the date of the change should be processed under the old terms (6-8 weeks after the date of travel)?

Kind of defeats the purpose of written Terms and Conditions if AC can just change them whenever they feel like, even if customers already spent a lot of money based on the previous version of the T&Cs.

Pretty pissed about it myself. Currently a 75K, flew a cash Business Lowest ticket to Europe ($6500) recently, expecting that the ~$12000 SQD would get me to SE by end of June (8 weeks after flights). Instead, I'll get it at the end of November, if AC doesn't change the T&Cs again before then. That's 5 months of SE that I should have had, but won't. Major bait and switch.
I think they are working on the technical issues which was recently addressed in a video call and we should see an update soon. I hope we do see an update at the end of April because that's when Part 1 and 2 were originally supposed to end.

I do agree with you though; I am in the same boat. I should be 50K mid May and 75K around Aug if these promos go as planned.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:26 pm

Does anyone have a screenshot of the T&C back when it was "6-8 weeks after date of travel", before they modified it to be "6-8 weeks after end of offer period"?

I'm on the line with an Aeroplan supervisor, who is asking for a screenshot of the original terms, since apparently "that was never changed".
dr_torch likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 4:14 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Does anyone have a screenshot of the T&C back when it was "6-8 weeks after date of travel", before they modified it to be "6-8 weeks after end of offer period"?

I'm on the line with an Aeroplan supervisor, who is asking for a screenshot of the original terms, since apparently "that was never changed".
For what it's worth:

Plumber likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

While I agree with you on the legality here, what's your goal?

The changed the terms because they're having system issues crediting the bonus. Their goal, as they publicly stated, is to give terms "way out in the future" and do their best to get you the bonus as close to "tomorrow" as possible.

Wasting your time talking to a supervisor is not going to help anything. The second they have the ability to push out more bonuses, I assure you, they will.
The Lev, Bohemian1 and MTLAthlete like this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
While I agree with you on the legality here, what's your goal?

The changed the terms because they're having system issues crediting the bonus. Their goal, as they publicly stated, is to give terms "way out in the future" and do their best to get you the bonus as close to "tomorrow" as possible.

Wasting your time talking to a supervisor is not going to help anything. The second they have the ability to push out more bonuses, I assure you, they will.
I was calling Aeroplan to change a booking, and asked the agent afterwards if she knew if the new terms applied only to the extension (flights occurring after April 30, before Sept. 30) or to all flights, including those in the original window. She had no idea, so transferred me to someone who might know. It was not an "I DemAnD tO TaLK to YoUR SUpERvisOR" kind of situation.

Turns out, their internal documentation still says "6-8 weeks from date of departure." Sounds like anything that occurs within the original window, or at least before they changed the terms, will still follow the "from date of departure" rule; anything that falls under the Europe extension to Sept. 30 will follow the "from end of offer period" rule (they may still try to get it out faster, but have no obligation to).

I'm not sure if I agree with the "as soon as they can, they will" position you have though. Of course most of their issues are IT-related, but after all of my AC experiences... I can't believe that there aren't at least a few malicious executives in that company who would change the rules after the promo starts just to save a buck, and delaying early recognition for 5 - 6 months for everyone who would get a status level up from this promo will most certainly save them a lot of money. Remember that this is the company that ripped up the CTA protection regulations to screw us out of cash refunds for the countless flights they canceled over the last few years; if they'll ignore government regulations to save some money, they'll definitely sneakily modify T&Cs and delay promotion credits to save some money.

Regarding the video call that @Bindy Johal mentioned that I think you're alluding to; anyone have a link for that?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I was calling Aeroplan to change a booking, and asked the agent afterwards if she knew if the new terms applied only to the extension (flights occurring after April 30, before Sept. 30) or to all flights, including those in the original window. She had no idea, so transferred me to someone who might know. It was not an "I DemAnD tO TaLK to YoUR SUpERvisOR" kind of situation.

Turns out, their internal documentation still says "6-8 weeks from date of departure." Sounds like anything that occurs within the original window, or at least before they changed the terms, will still follow the "from date of departure" rule; anything that falls under the Europe extension to Sept. 30 will follow the "from end of offer period" rule (they may still try to get it out faster, but have no obligation to).

I'm not sure if I agree with the "as soon as they can, they will" position you have though. Of course most of their issues are IT-related, but after all of my AC experiences... I can't believe that there aren't at least a few malicious executives in that company who would change the rules after the promo starts just to save a buck, and delaying early recognition for 5 - 6 months for everyone who would get a status level up from this promo will most certainly save them a lot of money. Remember that this is the company that ripped up the CTA protection regulations to screw us out of cash refunds for the countless flights they canceled over the last few years; if they'll ignore government regulations to save some money, they'll definitely sneakily modify T&Cs and delay promotion credits to save some money.
Well I'm going to trust what the SVP of Aeroplan said 2 days ago more than your speculation on malicious executives.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC 75K

Regarding the video call that @Bindy Johal mentioned that I think you're alluding to; anyone have a link for that?
The thread with the link, summary, and discussion of the podcast: Summary of Points Miles and Bling chat with Mark Nasr & Scott O'Leary, 2022-04-23
Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:25 pm

Nice promo!
Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:35 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gohighhill
Nice promo!
​​​​​​​
With this being your first post, welcome to FT
Old Apr 26, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: AC-SE, IHG Ambassador, National Executive, LHW
I tried searching everywhere but maybe I missed it. for this promotion (Offer A) is the American Express Aeroplan Corporate Reserve Card eligible? I do not see it listed in the T&Cs. thanks
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: AC 75K *G
Originally Posted by pleasure
I tried searching everywhere but maybe I missed it. for this promotion (Offer A) is the American Express Aeroplan Corporate Reserve Card eligible? I do not see it listed in the T&Cs. thanks
This promo is for all Aeroplan members, regardless if you hold an Aeroplan credit card or not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.