Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:52 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ac/elite
I get that and I’ll easily hit $9000 SQD, but I might not get to the $20k in spend. Given that I’m already SE this year, my question is whether I get a banked year when I hit 250k SQM that I can use next year even if I don’t have the SQD to qualify for SE for next year.
I could very well be missing something as I haven’t ever been SE, so not sure if a banked year is a thing. But otherwise I assume if you hit 250k SQM you’d earn 75k status if you didn’t meet SQD? And if you have a premium Aeroplan card you’d then roll over 175,000 SQM to next year, but would still need to meet $20k SQD in 2023 to earn SE for 2024.

As much as SE and even 75k carry some nice benefits, as a non-domestic flyer I for one am completely fine so long as I hit 50k each year. *G is the benefit of importance for me.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
Slightly unclear, if you fly a one way flight to Europe (YVR-LHR) before April 30 and then take a one way flight back home (CDG- YVR) before the end of May. do you get bonus for the flight back home? Both flights were booked at once and in Latitude. Thanks!
quaningeneva likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FreedomIsntFree
Slightly unclear, if you fly a one way flight to Europe (YVR-LHR) before April 30 and then take a one way flight back home (CDG- YVR) before the end of May. do you get bonus for the flight back home? Both flights were booked at once and in Latitude. Thanks!
The promo for Europe flights is extended to Sept. So unless you are worried about two one way flights, the promo is extended only for Europe till end Sept
Bohemian1 and quaningeneva like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I get that and I’ll easily hit $9000 SQD, but I might not get to the $20k in spend. Given that I’m already SE this year, my question is whether I get a banked year when I hit 250k SQM that I can use next year even if I don’t have the SQD to qualify for SE for next year.
Interesting question. I had a look at my wife’s account - she’s 50K - and under thresholds it says: Unlock the next level of threshold gifts with Aeroplan 75K, and enjoy even more exclusive rewards.

So It looks like you won’t see the 100k+ SQM thresholds unless you are SE. Not very generous of AC. Maybe someone who is in that situation can chime in.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The terms actually say you need to have met the SQM/SQD and SQD requirements to be eligible.

So gifted status, matches, etc., technically are not eligible.

But I think that's totally fair. If you get to 350k without spending $20k, why do you think you deserve $6k in gift cards?
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
As long as you are an SE in the year you earn the banked year you should be fine as the 250k SQM threshold award says “Available to Super Elite Members Only”. It’s an interesting question though as people who have extremely high CC spend and roll-over SQM could keep earning a banked year and remain a SE based on SQM earned from their CC. Not sure how many would fall into this bucket but as of now it’s a very lucrative benefit of the high-end cards for high spenders.

The credit cards really changed the game on SQM earning.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Given that I’m already SE this year
Sorry, I missed the part where you said you were SE already. In that case, you’ve already “unlocked” those threshold benefits (if you’re seeing them online) and will get a banked year of SE if you hit 250k. I’ve been getting the +100k threshold awards even though I’m not at 20k yet.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I'm sorry if this has been discussed.
I was receiving the extra SQD SQM and SQS until February under the accelerate your way to status. But suddenly they stopped depositing them.

I received 5 bonus accelerate status total and its been over 8 weeks since the last eligible flight was taken.

I've flown over 10 eligible flights since.

Is anybody else having this issue? has anybody been receiving their bonuses?

Current status is SE
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by jokiemay
I'm sorry if this has been discussed.
I was receiving the extra SQD SQM and SQS until February under the accelerate your way to status. But suddenly they stopped depositing them.

I received 5 bonus accelerate status total and its been over 8 weeks since the last eligible flight was taken.

I've flown over 10 eligible flights since.

Is anybody else having this issue? has anybody been receiving their bonuses?

Current status is SE
You might want to scroll back and read some of the posts. Everyone is having this issue.

Ron.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
The original email I received on February 1 had 3 checkmarks:

The email about the extension I received on April 5 had nothing:

Personally, I'm kind of doubtful that Air Canada IT has the ability to generate a bulk e-mail that has embedded customized images based on a query on customer status. LOL.
King Chung Huang and bcnfish like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Personally, I'm kind of doubtful that Air Canada IT has the ability to generate a bulk e-mail that has embedded customized images based on a query on customer status. LOL.
So how do you think the first e-mail happened?

(And it sounds like that others had those on their second email as well.)
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
So how do you think the first e-mail happened?

(And it sounds like that others had those on their second email as well.)
Not sure I was clear.

They clearly know how to generate e-mail based on particular customer profiles/queries.

My point is that I doubt they can, within this, generate an e-mail FF #1 with an image with one check mark, FF#2 with 2, and FF #3 with 3 check marks. Maybe I'm wrong, but I question their competence. But YMMV. I guess if we look back at the original - did we all get one with 2 checkmarks, or did some folks get one with 3? The latter would tell me I'm wrong.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Not sure I was clear.

They clearly know how to generate e-mail based on particular customer profiles/queries.

My point is that I doubt they can, within this, generate an e-mail FF #1 with an image with one check mark, FF#2 with 2, and FF #3 with 3 check marks. Maybe I'm wrong, but I question their competence. But YMMV. I guess if we look back at the original - did we all get one with 2 checkmarks, or did some folks get one with 3? The latter would tell me I'm wrong.
Oh you think it's a placeholder image that doesn't actually reflect the real activity completion status of individual customers?

FWIW, my original email had 3 checks that were accurate of which activities I had and hadn't completed. The second email for me didn't have anything, but from the comments of others, it sounds like some still had this section of the email, with the checks being accurate for some and inaccurate for others. AC IT... never ceases to amaze with their ability to make ostensibly simple things confusing.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:24 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
In order to try to cut down the repetitive posts about how no one has had any credits on this promo since February 20th, I've edited the thread title to reflect that issue. If and when someone gets a credit for a more recent flight, please post, but until then, let's please avoid this going even more in circles.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.