Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: E75K
Bonus towards SE100

I'm looking for some advice regarding the resulting benefits from this promo. With everything AC has offered, I will be quite close to SE100, which would be impossible if not for the blanket 2021 rollover and will likely be impossible for 2024.

So, if I'm calculating a SQD spend of around 16K at the end of the year, any SE100s out there suggest I spend the extra 4K to be SE100 for a year? I know this is probably a stupid question to regular SE100s, but as a 75Ker, wondering if that completely extra cash (flights already booked to Dec '22) is worth the one year of SE.

Thanks for indulging me.

KVR
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by kvroe
I'm looking for some advice regarding the resulting benefits from this promo. With everything AC has offered, I will be quite close to SE100, which would be impossible if not for the blanket 2021 rollover and will likely be impossible for 2024.

So, if I'm calculating a SQD spend of around 16K at the end of the year, any SE100s out there suggest I spend the extra 4K to be SE100 for a year? I know this is probably a stupid question to regular SE100s, but as a 75Ker, wondering if that completely extra cash (flights already booked to Dec '22) is worth the one year of SE.

Thanks for indulging me.

KVR
@kvroe
1. There is no such thing as a stupid question, IMHO. Problems happen when people don't ask because they've afraid to look like they don't know things (and not just on FT. )

2. The question you asked re is spending $$$ to be SE for only a year of status is something you need to decide for yourself. Plenty of people on FT have spent incremental $$$ to reach a status they were close to or because they wanted that status and the benefits that come with it. And it's been asked many times on the forum. I think it's a personal thing because some of us who have done it might say "yes, for sure". Others might say that the money is better spent elsewhere.

I think you should think about what your travel will be like in the year you would have SE if you spent the $$$. Will the additional features, benefits, services be of value to you.

Last edited by 24left; Mar 2, 2022 at 4:12 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
So, if I'm calculating a SQD spend of around 16K at the end of the year, any SE100s out there suggest I spend the extra 4K to be SE100 for a year? ...
KVR
If you were to do your additional flights before the end of April, you would only have to spend $2k because of the current 2X promo. And who knows, there might be some other promo or rollover that lets you keep it for a couple of years.
Adam Smith and kvroe like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:50 pm

I'm in a similar position. E50 now but that was a fluke and more often E35 if anything at all, never more and SE100 always seemed way up in the clouds. But thanks to rollovers and the lower qualification select benefit I will be close on SQM. Except I'm $7k short for AQD. I expect to fly a bit next year so I'm going to go for it and probably never be able to enjoy flying again knowing what I'm missing.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:10 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat

Thanks for indulging me.

KVR
I upgraded from 75K to SE100K back in November, and for me the additional value it brings is definitely worth it. The amount I saved on award changes/redeposits alone would pay for any mileage runs and associated costs.
kvroe likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: E75K
Thank you for the advice.

Originally Posted by Far Siren
I upgraded from 75K to SE100K back in November, and for me the additional value it brings is definitely worth it. The amount I saved on award changes/redeposits alone would pay for any mileage runs and associated costs.
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
If you were to do your additional flights before the end of April, you would only have to spend $2k because of the current 2X promo. And who knows, there might be some other promo or rollover that lets you keep it for a couple of years.
Originally Posted by 24left
@kvroe
1. There is no such thing as a stupid question, IMHO. Problems happen when people don't ask because they've afraid to look like they don't know things (and not just on FT. )

2. The question you asked re is spending $$$ to be SE for only a year of status is something you need to decide for yourself. Plenty of people on FT have spent incremental $$$ to reach a status they were close to or because they wanted that status and the benefits that come with it. And it's been asked many times on the forum. I think it's a personal thing because some of us who have done it might say "yes, for sure". Others might say that the money is better spent elsewhere.

I think you should think about what your travel will be like in the year you would have SE if you spent the $$$. Will the additional features, benefits, services be of value to you.

Thank you for the advice everyone. I did my mulling over and decided it worth the extra spend to enjoy SE100 for a year to see what it’s about.

This 2x promotion really was the kicker as Tax Dude mentioned. Was able to change an April flight to a higher fare to cover the remaining spend but only paying half the value.

Much appreciated,

KVR
Tax Dude, 24left and vancouver25k like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
I had two flights with AC on 21st Feb in booking class D, the flights and the 50K bonus miles have posted right away but I haven't seen the bonus miles for the promotion yet. I believe the official language is that it will take 6-8 weeks but have other FT members travelling around that date already received their bonus miles? Shouldn't make a difference that it was a LH ticket, right? It definitely was a published fare and not a bulk fare. Thanks for your insight.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: AC-25k, Marriott-Platinum
Data point if it helps anyone: Had a flight on Feb 11. Got 4.6k miles before bonuses (actual was 5331), then when the double posted it was also only 4.6k. My account didn't show it right away but I think within a week it was there, the date says the 11th for the bonus.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by mars_precision
Data point if it helps anyone: Had a flight on Feb 11. Got 4.6k miles before bonuses (actual was 5331), then when the double posted it was also only 4.6k. My account didn't show it right away but I think within a week it was there, the date says the 11th for the bonus.
Meanwhile, bonuses for my flights from Feb 20 and 21 are still missing.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Is the offer valid for 014 tickets or AC metal only?

I'm planning a trip to Europe and am presented the following options: (booking Premium economy, one way)
YUL-BRU-NCE (first leg is AC, second leg is SN) will I get the bonus on the second leg as well?
YUL-FRA-NCE (both legs with LH) will I get all the bonus even if I buy this on AC's website (014) or none because it is not AC metal?
Old Mar 5, 2022, 6:14 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by royal757
Is the offer valid for 014 tickets or AC metal only?
AC metal only, so the answer to both of your questions is "no".

Eligible Scheduled Flights means flights operated by Air Canada® (including flights operated under the Air Canada Express® banner and operated by Air Canada Rouge®) to all Air Canada destinations system-wide and booked in cash with Eligible Fare Options.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
How soon does part 1 of the promo post to one's Aeroplan account.

I have 2 Aeroplan associated credit cards (I know that only counts once); and I linked by uber eats and also starbucks accounts 2 weeks sgo.
Also made an order through uber eats shortly after registered my uber eats account 2 weeks ago.

Still no credit for this promo in my account.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 7, 2022 at 8:28 am Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII

I have 2 Aeroplan associated credit cards (I know that only counts once); and I linked by uber eats and also starbucks accounts 2 weeks sgo.
Also made an order through uber eats shortly after registered my uber eats account 2 weeks ago.

In the T&Cs, it states within 8 weeks after the promo.
Bohemian1 likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 7, 2022 at 8:29 am Reason: Edit quoted post
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII

here’s the terms and conditions link:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ation.html#tnc

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 7, 2022 at 8:29 am Reason: Edit quoted post
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
I had two flights with AC on 21st Feb in booking class D, the flights and the 50K bonus miles have posted right away but I haven't seen the bonus miles for the promotion yet. I believe the official language is that it will take 6-8 weeks but have other FT members travelling around that date already received their bonus miles? Shouldn't make a difference that it was a LH ticket, right? It definitely was a published fare and not a bulk fare. Thanks for your insight.
What's this "50k bonus miles" you're referencing? That's not related to the promotion (any of the 3 parts) that is the subject of this thread, is it?

Also, has anyone seen their part-2 bonuses for Feb 20 (or later) flights?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 7, 2022 at 8:30 am Reason: Remove off topic content

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.