Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
To get this thread back on topic, I was on a call with AC relating to another matter, and I asked if they could get their act together with respect to these bonus promotions (e.g., 20 Million Miles promo, Accelerate Your Way, or even the 2021 Domestic 2x/3x offer), but the person from the executive office said it was an Aeroplan area of responsibility.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
To get this thread back on topic, I was on a call with AC relating to another matter, and I asked if they could get their act together with respect to these bonus promotions (e.g., 20 Million Miles promo, Accelerate Your Way, or even the 2021 Domestic 2x/3x offer), but the person from the executive office said it was an Aeroplan area of responsibility.
you know what, aeroplan said the promotion are all do it by air canada so you contact air canada relations and their is no other way to solve it, only email customer relations.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
As a completely anecdotal (and therefore possibly totally irrelevant) additional data point, I also passed a threshold that rewarded rollover status miles since the February 20 magic date...and I received the email inviting me to enjoy the gift, but the gift never came! I wonder if almost everything that falls into that "bonus/reward" category (in addition to the promos you list) is somehow stuck in cyber limbo? If so, this would have to be a pretty significant IT glitch, I assume?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I missed out on the cheap YYC-EZE fares this month but thinking of making it up in the summer to Europe. Alas, it seems like one needs to choose flights carefully if only the actual segments to/from Europe would count. Does that mean, being based in YYC, I should just book YYC-FRA and then hop around from there? If I booked an AC flight from say YYC-FRA-DUB, is there a risk of too many SQDs being allocated to the FRA-DUB segment and not counting towards the promo?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by politico_pk
As a completely anecdotal (and therefore possibly totally irrelevant) additional data point, I also passed a threshold that rewarded rollover status miles since the February 20 magic date...and I received the email inviting me to enjoy the gift, but the gift never came! I wonder if almost everything that falls into that "bonus/reward" category (in addition to the promos you list) is somehow stuck in cyber limbo? If so, this would have to be a pretty significant IT glitch, I assume?
Yes, I think so. There are other types of problems problems being reported in other threads. Agents cannot make (or refuse to make) manual changes to some tickets. Eupgrades for cancelled flights aren't being refunded automatically. All aeroplan related requests remain unanswered and not acted upon. Cancelled tickets continue to show up in the system. Seats for some cancelled tickets appear to still be held when comparing against seat maps! etc etc. I suspect there is some root cause, perhaps related to coupon tracking? and that AC / AP have stopped a bunch of their batch jobs while the software is fixed, and manual adjustments get made before restarting the batch jobs. Two months already..
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I posted something similar here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34157324-post261.html

Originally Posted by politico_pk
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by AwardBee
I missed out on the cheap YYC-EZE fares this month but thinking of making it up in the summer to Europe. Alas, it seems like one needs to choose flights carefully if only the actual segments to/from Europe would count. Does that mean, being based in YYC, I should just book YYC-FRA and then hop around from there? If I booked an AC flight from say YYC-FRA-DUB, is there a risk of too many SQDs being allocated to the FRA-DUB segment and not counting towards the promo?
I'm not 100% sure about J flights as I haven't flow intra-Europe J in a little bit, at least not on a SQD-earning ticket, but Y is generally under 100 SQD per leg, including full-fare economy (Y/B fare).
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
As some of you know, I had a couple flights on February 20 and 21 for which I haven't received this bonus yet.

Since others reported receiving the bonus for flights taken weeks later, I decided to e-mail AC and inquire. I just heard back that they are aware of an issue and are working on it.

That's all I know for now. I'll report back with any updates. For now, I thought others in the same boat as me might find this helpful.
I'm told we can expect an update after tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
YULRvR likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I missed out on the cheap YYC-EZE fares this month ......
You're not too late, there are a few options remaining to do that trip in PY for $1,600-ish. Great opportunity to rack up some major bonus miles, but I'd get on it quick if you want to do it.

AwardBee likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:48 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
@AwardBee, yes, if you're goal is to maximize your bonus SQx, longer AC flights to Europe will likely be the way to go. YVR-FRA would actually be slightly farther than YYC-FRA, although you would lose some of the SQD bonus because of the extra domestic leg.

Because intra-Europe legs tend to be quite short, the amount of bonus SQD you'll lose to that leg will be fairly low. This is where the SQx calculator built by some FTers comes in very handy.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Symmetre
You're not too late, there are a few options remaining to do that trip in PY for $1,600-ish. Great opportunity to rack up some major bonus miles, but I'd get on it quick if you want to do it.
So tempting. Alas, for me it's either this weekend or bust, because I work in healthcare and I have weekend trainings coming up later this month and can't work remotely during the week. That said, even if I end up paying a bit more, I need the SQD more than I need the SQM/SQS since I pay my CRA installments on the Amex Biz Reserve via Plastiq so earn lots of SQMs that way.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy ambassador
Just got off the phone with Aeroplan. It has been exactly eight weeks and no bonuses posted. They said they are aware and will need two more weeks. Ridiculous
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
For the past couple of weeks I’ve been wondering if they’re somehow motivated to drag it out until after the promo ends. I don’t know why/how it would help them, but the timing seems coincidental and I generally don’t believe in coincidence.

I would argue that the vast majority of people benefiting during this period don’t know exactly how. This community, thanks to the generosity of its members, has tools to figure out exactly what credits we will receive. Most wouldn’t have a clue how much SQD they’ll actually get.

Maybe AC was surprised by the level of participation? Who knows the reasoning but as I said, the timing raises questions for me.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope

I would argue that the vast majority of people benefiting during this period don’t know exactly how. This community, thanks to the generosity of its members, has tools to figure out exactly what credits we will receive. Most wouldn’t have a clue how much SQD they’ll actually get.
What you mean? Can't you just look at your account, see your SQD on AC flights and that's what you'll get as your bonus?
EdmFlyBoi likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
For the past couple of weeks I’ve been wondering if they’re somehow motivated to drag it out until after the promo ends. I don’t know why/how it would help them, but the timing seems coincidental and I generally don’t believe in coincidence.

Maybe AC was surprised by the level of participation? Who knows the reasoning but as I said, the timing raises questions for me.
I don't think it is this complicated. It is much more likely that AC's terrible IT is responsible for improper postings, lack of timely crediting, and all the other errors that are associated with the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.