FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:43 am
EdmFlyBoi

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
For the past couple of weeks I’ve been wondering if they’re somehow motivated to drag it out until after the promo ends. I don’t know why/how it would help them, but the timing seems coincidental and I generally don’t believe in coincidence.

I would argue that the vast majority of people benefiting during this period don’t know exactly how. This community, thanks to the generosity of its members, has tools to figure out exactly what credits we will receive. Most wouldn’t have a clue how much SQD they’ll actually get.

Maybe AC was surprised by the level of participation? Who knows the reasoning but as I said, the timing raises questions for me.
I don't think it is this complicated. It is much more likely that AC's terrible IT is responsible for improper postings, lack of timely crediting, and all the other errors that are associated with the program.