Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Every AC flight I've taken in 2022 has been Latitude, Premium Economy, or Business. Every flight I took before the first sweep posted without COS in the bonus. Every flight I took after (that's posted - I'm still missing one) posted with COS in the bonus.

When exactly was your flight?
Same. I have 2 Business flights, late January / early February that were posted in the first sweep without COS in the bonus.. they have not updated.

Ron.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by theranj
Some time in last hour - I had 6 SQS/$1,224 SQD post. For some weird reason both the app and the website gave me a popup stating "you've earned 50k" when I actually earned it earlier this month.

I'm now 74 SQS and $9,540 SQD
I'm missing 3 SQS and $680 SQD from the Part B promo (and I don't believe Part A promo has hit for anyone yet) - once one of those hits completely I'll hit 75k and my $10k priority reward...and likely be done for the year - I have 4 Aeroplan trips booked and one paid trip at Xmas - I'll start flying again in the Fall for work but won't hit the additional $8,500 to hit SQD to hit SE
Update for me as well: For the past couple months, I'd been waiting on missing SQx related to this promo for 4 flights since 20-Feb-2022:
  • 20-Feb-2022: AC 1286, PHX-YYZ, Latitude, B
  • 21-Feb-2022: AC 123, YYZ-YVR, Flex, U
  • 02-Mar-2022: AC 118, YVR-YYZ, Flex, Q
  • 05-Mar-2022: AC 856, YYZ-LHR, Latitude, B
On Thursday, 28-Apr-2022, I received the missing SQx for the 21-Feb-2022 YYZ-YVR flight.

On Saturday, 30-Apr-2022, I received the missing SQx for the other 3 flights.

As others have noted, the COS bonus was included for the 2 Latitude flights on 20-Feb-2022 and 05-Mar-2022. Interestingly, the outbound LHR-YYZ-PHX segments I flew on 14-Feb-2022, booked on the same ticket, and credited promptly prior to this long delay only received the base miles. You win some, you lose some, I guess!

Now I'm just waiting on the bonuses from the BC Is Calling promo...
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Every AC flight I've taken in 2022 has been Latitude, Premium Economy, or Business. Every flight I took before the first sweep posted without COS in the bonus. Every flight I took after (that's posted - I'm still missing one) posted with COS in the bonus.

When exactly was your flight?
Ditto. Flights that posted promptly did not have the double up for COS bonus. All the stuff that posted this week has the COS double up included. I guess I will let sleeping dogs lie or they may claw back the COS bonus since no one knows for sure if COS should have double up ?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
I guess I will let sleeping dogs lie or they may claw back the COS bonus since no one knows for sure if COS should have double up ?
I agree with this approach...
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by vernonc
Ditto. Flights that posted promptly did not have the double up for COS bonus. All the stuff that posted this week has the COS double up included. I guess I will let sleeping dogs lie or they may claw back the COS bonus since no one knows for sure if COS should have double up ?
I don't think they will claw everyone back?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
I don't think they will claw everyone back?
None of us can know that since the T&Cs don't specify, so why chance it?
Bindy Johal likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
My bonus SQD posted in the past few days, but only to March 23. The boost for 5 flights since, from March 25 through Apr 25th haven’t posted.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If I had to guess, they realized they actually wanted to offer the bonus on the COS, and when they realized it wasn't working that way (because none of their promos have ever worked that way), they shut it off to fix it. So going forward, I suspect you'll see the bonus include the COS, and I suspect they'll retroactively top up the first batch.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Has anyone noticed a correlation between flights that took longer than usual to post in the first place and flights that haven’t yet had the promo bonus added?

I had two segments this year take quite a while to post and those are 2 of the 3 I haven’t received the promo on. The other is my latest flight that was only a week ago so that is no surprise.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC 75K
If I had to guess, they realized they actually wanted to offer the bonus on the COS, and when they realized it wasn't working that way (because none of their promos have ever worked that way), they shut it off to fix it. So going forward, I suspect you'll see the bonus include the COS, and I suspect they'll retroactively top up the first batch.
I am assuming this time around around it is posting how they intended for it to post. Hence why we also saw a second batch of updates last night. So yeah I agree they will go back and fix the old promo awards
MTLAthlete likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
I am assuming this time around around it is posting how they intended for it to post. Hence why we also saw a second batch of updates last night. So yeah I agree they will go back and fix the old promo awards
I hope you guys are right!
Bindy Johal likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I’ve had all mine credited except one.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
For me, the bonuses got fixed (or corrected) retroactively to now include the COS (for the ones that were originally posted as base miles). Happened last night or sometime this morning.
Bindy Johal and MTLAthlete like this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I’ve had all mine credited except one.
Got all my missing bonuses today. About half this morning and other half this afternoon.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by fijaircan
For me, the bonuses got fixed (or corrected) retroactively to now include the COS (for the ones that were originally posted as base miles). Happened last night or sometime this morning.
Really? Did they add the difference as a separate line item or did they adjust the original bonus amount?

Has this happened for anyone else?

It certainly has not for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.