Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by theranj
I'm actually OK if my last leg gets missed - no need for my 10k priority reward anytime soon
Just a heads-up for those expecting to earn a priority reward as a result of these bonuses: it appears the reward will be back-dated to the date of the flight which triggered the bonus which triggered the reward.

I received several bonus postings for flights taken in Feb/March/April, and a new priority reward posted to my account yesterday (April 30) with an expiry date of Feb 23/2023. By my calculations, that is one year to the date on which the bonus SQD pushed me over the next priority reward level.

I had been hoping it would expire one year from April 30, in order to get a bit more life out of it, but no luck there.
Old May 1, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I received my double credit for my March YOW-YVR (via YYZ) flights.
On long Easter weekend. I flew YOW-YYZ-DCA and back.
Got the double credit o YOW-YYZ flights; not (yet) on YYZ-DCA flights.

Should I wait to get credit on the YYZ-DCA flights- or should I contact AC about the missing credit?
Old May 1, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by canadiancow
No, I think they're just confused with what the first sweep covered.
I looked at it again in detail - and NO, there was no retroactive adjustment to the initial bonus postings (there were a lot of transactions around mid Feb and some posted with COS bonus but they were not part of the first batch). Sorry to get everyone excited for nothing.
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by fijaircan
I looked at it again in detail - and NO, there was no retroactive adjustment to the initial bonus postings (there were a lot of transactions around mid Feb and some posted with COS bonus but they were not part of the first batch). Sorry to get everyone excited for nothing.
so who’s going to be brave enough to ask AC to fix their account or we just staying silent so it doesn’t get worse? If we point out the inconsistency do all the new bonuses go away or do we get retroactive bonuses?

the language is so ambiguous either could be right.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:13 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
so who’s going to be brave enough to ask AC to fix their account or we just staying silent so it doesn’t get worse? If we point out the inconsistency do all the new bonuses go away or do we get retroactive bonuses?
How about waiting a few days before getting worked up about it? It's clearly still a work in progress.
Old May 1, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by fijaircan
Thanks for rechecking and clarifying.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Data point: I am still missing segments from March 26 and April 2. Specifically between YYZ and YVR - the connecting segments posted this week.
March 26 just posted for me. Now only missing 8 segments, all from April.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:33 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Audrey seems to have stalled for me, but it's odd the seemingly random 'pattern' on the flights that have not been adjusted so far.

I have three where one flight on the PNR has been fixed, but not the other.

I guess patience is a virtue, if not mandatory with this promo.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Audrey seems to have stalled for me, but it's odd the seemingly random 'pattern' on the flights that have not been adjusted so far.

I have three where one flight on the PNR has been fixed, but not the other.

I guess patience is a virtue, if not mandatory with this promo.
Who / what is Audrey?
Old May 2, 2022, 12:39 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Who / what is Audrey?
A possibly mythical person who may or may not work in AC's back office processing all manner of SQx credits. Shorthand for the metaphorical Mechanical Turk.
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
A possibly mythical person who may or may not work in AC's back office processing all manner of SQx credits. Shorthand for the metaphorical Mechanical Turk.
Haha ok I must have missed the backstory to this.
Old May 2, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
I'm actually OK if my last leg gets missed - no need for my 10k priority reward anytime soon
Not including COS Bonus - it looks like "the majority" (however we quantify it) did indeed get their SQx bonus by now. I'm still waiting for this one leg (and hoping it doesn't come)
Old May 2, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Still missing a bunch of April flights. Including two single segments on a two segment journey. All seems a bit random.
Old May 2, 2022, 10:28 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium
Like everyone else, I am receiving more SQM daily as Aeroplan continues to catch up/fix. i have received retroactive COS bonus from the original batch (Jan 1 to Feb 16), though some flights were missed. The retroactive COS bonus shows up as a separate line item on the same day as the flight. Still missing the odd one, but they are clearly still working on it, but I thought I'd throw in my current experience.
canadiancow and MTLAthlete like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 10:39 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by V One
i have received retroactive COS bonus from the original batch (Jan 1 to Feb 16), though some flights were missed. The retroactive COS bonus shows up as a separate line item on the same day as the flight.
Same thing here.

Still two flights missing the promo altogether from April, but they're definitely making progress.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.