Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Ah yes. This seems to comport with my observation as well: if there are multiple flights on the same day, the top up only applies to 1 of them.
This is also my experience with flights taken in JAN and FEB. The retro for COS was credited for the longer of each day's flights. Still waiting for 6 x 38 SQMs for short-hauls from/to YQB on Comfort fares (i.e. 250 + 38 = 288).
Old May 5, 2022, 7:37 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Yup. I reverted back to 25k a week ago. Should be at 75k right now. Hopeful once they are done processing the accelerate bonuses they will run it all through, although I doubt it will credit everything correctly.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:54 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
got all my flights bonus's now

5000/5/500 is all i am missing now hopefully comes through soon as it will bump me up to 50K and *Gold will be really nice for some upcoming LH flights later this month
YOWCDNFF and m.y like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 12:42 pm

Hell of a status year with bonuses and stuff. I had one return flight in February, and today I'm at just over 50,000 SQM. Returning from a trip to Europe which has not yet posted and should be 70,000 shortly. Two upcoming trips should get me close to my 100K. No problem on spend since I travel on paid-J flight passes.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:25 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
I’m also caught up to my April 30 flights. Will be interested to see what the ongoing processing time will now be for European flights post May 1, as I had an LHR-YYZ on May 3. LHR is still Europe even post-Brexit, right? Haha!
GeekyFlyer likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
The SQD mistake on changed-tickets is bothersome. Apparently the last upgraded Lat round-trip to Europe cost $42! And now the promo posts $42 also. AC must be receiving many requests to fix the SQD manually. All my SQM look correct now.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May 4 posted today.

This thing seems a bit too much, no? Somehow already got both miles and $ for SE next year... With at least three round trips to Europe already purchased, Lat or P. maybe 3 and half if going again around Christmas/New Year.
canadiancow and vancouver25k like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 6:10 pm
wjw

May 4? Hope to see my May 3 post soon!

As to it being too much, I’m not sure. I think a lot of us are returning to our regular travel schedule and I’m among that group also. That said, I’m sure there are a lot of fliers that haven’t yet returned to normal and I appreciate that Air Canada is giving them a chance to keep their status for another year in an easier way.

I’m more of a 50k person (which is fine as I do a lot of Lufthansa flights and the Star Alliance Gold is the main perk for me). I’ll probably get 75k this year instead and then drop back to a usual 50k after that.

SE is largely out of reach due to the $20k SQD, but I’m okay with that as top tier status should be reserved for those that fly more often than me. My main goal is just to never drop below 50k!
bubbelbine and vancouver25k like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wjw
My main goal is just to never drop below 50k!
If you manage to accumulate 1 Million status miles on AC metal this is exactly what you will get, just keep flying
Old May 7, 2022, 6:32 pm
wjw

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
If you manage to accumulate 1 Million status miles on AC metal this is exactly what you will get, just keep flying
Haha, I fly too much intra-Europe/Central Asia! I think my LQM are a pathetic 80k or something. I’ve thought of going Miles and More with LH as my primary, but it’s still easier to get *G with AC. Just need to make sure I hit my SQD with a few Air Canada TATL legs or book on 014 stock when I can!
Old May 7, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NordsFan
This is also my experience with flights taken in JAN and FEB. The retro for COS was credited for the longer of each day's flights. Still waiting for 6 x 38 SQMs for short-hauls from/to YQB on Comfort fares (i.e. 250 + 38 = 288).
I'm waiting for 1528 SQM to show up because of only one leg retro COS Bonus per day showing up.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: AC E75K
I think many of you who think AC went maybe overboard benefited from the credit card bonuses at the start of the year.

As someone without those, I'm quite pleased with this promo but haven't reached SE requalification yet. I'm currently at 90k SQM and $16k SQD.
Old May 8, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I think many of you who think AC went maybe overboard benefited from the credit card bonuses at the start of the year.

As someone without those, I'm quite pleased with this promo but haven't reached SE requalification yet. I'm currently at 90k SQM and $16k SQD.
Yes indeed. After both the CC rollover and the AC SQx rollover, I'll be approx 260k SQM, 30k SQD by the end of June. Mrs. Tax Dude, who didn't get enough SQM for status last year and didn't have a credit card, will only be at 86k SQM, 23k SQD after the same flights. I don't know if these promos are helping AC, but they're definitely helping Amex. We got her the Amex Reserve and have shifted a bunch of spending to it. That card's nice as I got a free supplementary card (with no benefits.) I wish my CIBC Visa had that feature.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: AC 75k
"I’m sure there are a lot of fliers that haven’t yet returned to normal and I appreciate that Air Canada is giving them a chance to keep their status for another year in an easier way."

I'm definitely in that category. Been a regular 75k for decades, but with lost contracts, China and Japan shut and NZ problematic, I'm only doing 2 European trips this year. Wasn't expecting to make even 35k this year, but with the summer Europe promo I will now make 50k, just.
Old May 8, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Still missing 4581 promotional SQM from 28APR22.

Everything else is caught up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.