Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 604_flyer
Too bad I didn't know that I had to fly AC Metal - as I flew YVR->FRA->DXB and back with LH and got the miles but no bonus .
It would be very unusual for a promotion to reward people with extra status miles for flying another airline, right?
Old May 5, 2022, 1:46 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
My four April 24-30 flights all posted overnight. Just missing the 5000/500 which is moot now given the extra promo for COS I wasn’t expecting.

Curious if anyone is missing anything now or, I dare say, that AC IT machine actually did a decent job here.
Old May 5, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
I have received the bonus on all flights, including my April 29 flights. I am missing COS for 2x 1/2 a PNR - Feb 10 LHR-YYZ (25%) and Feb 14 YYC-PHX (50%). I will give them another week, then go back to Concierge and ask for those 2 missing ones, they were very fast - sameday - with a response. Otherwise, the 14 missing ones are all caught up.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: AC SE, IHG Diamond
I've received everything except an Air Canada Vacations package SQD/SQM bonus from April and the extra 5000/5/500.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:43 am

all caught up with the promo and was at 75k for a few hours and then my status reverted back to 25k. sigh. anyone else experiencing this?
Old May 5, 2022, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
One tiny bonus missing for a YYC-YEG on April 27th….odd since the originating flight from which I connected posted (it was Apr 26). And I need those 153 miles to cross a status threshold
Old May 5, 2022, 7:41 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by LingwoYYT
As of this morning, have received credit for 11 of 14 flights. Missing one of two April 11 segments, one of three April 18 segments, and an April 22 segment.
@LingwoYYT, with this being your first post, welcome to FT

Same for me as well
@604_flyer, with this also being your first post, welcome to FT

I have now gotten all my bonuses up to the end of April. Sitting at 80K now . Too bad I didn't know that I had to fly AC Metal - as I flew YVR->FRA->DXB and back with LH and got the miles but no bonus . Oh well - there should be no issues get SE with the travel I planned with the rest of the year.
Perhaps you could share the YVR-FRA and FRA-DXB base mileages over in the calculator thread.
Old May 5, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
My four April 24-30 flights all posted overnight. Just missing the 5000/500 which is moot now given the extra promo for COS I wasn’t expecting.

Curious if anyone is missing anything now or, I dare say, that AC IT machine actually did a decent job here.
Everything is now posted incl all bonus incl April. One trip seems to have the SQD messed up but its minor and may or may not call in.
Old May 5, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I’m still missing one leg from one trip on 28 April as well as the bonus for that trip. Will give it a few more days then write in.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Two flights from April 30th posted yesterday (May 4th). All good. Nice to get the bonuses and be well on my way to re-qualifying and/or putting one year of SE status in the bank.
--
13F
Old May 5, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
I may just get SE again this year. Was not planning on it.
Old May 5, 2022, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
It would be very unusual for a promotion to reward people with extra status miles for flying another airline, right?
True but I don't know why that is the case. AC/UA/LH/LX profit share on transatlantic routes so at least in theory AC should not care what metal people are flying within that cozy cartel.
Old May 5, 2022, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Yip - rookie mistake - LOL. I had booked it through AC and the flights actually had AC flight numbers but was operated by LH. *shrug*. Live and learn
Old May 5, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
I'm missing the COS top up for 13 segments from Jan 11 to Feb 18. In all cases, the top up from at least one other flight on that day has posted. I am also missing one flight from April 21, but I also just had to put through a claim to get the base points for that one. So I am missing a total of 1952 miles. I'm already well over the renewal level for SE, so it is just for carryover to next year.
Old May 5, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by SearsTower
I'm missing the COS top up for 13 segments from Jan 11 to Feb 18. In all cases, the top up from at least one other flight on that day has posted. I am also missing one flight from April 21, but I also just had to put through a claim to get the base points for that one. So I am missing a total of 1952 miles. I'm already well over the renewal level for SE, so it is just for carryover to next year.
Ah yes. This seems to comport with my observation as well: if there are multiple flights on the same day, the top up only applies to 1 of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.