Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Old May 17, 2022, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Just got a call from a 514 number which I always pick up because it's always AC/Aeroplan.

They seemed to think my issue was with the regular COS bonus, and not the COS bonus as it pertains to this promo.

But she actually went through my transactions with me, and confirmed what I was seeing.

It'll be escalated, and hopefully resolved soon. Though this is a lot of work to go from like 649k SQM to 651k.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Is it just me, of have AC gone dark again with this promo?

The last flight I actually received the promo for was back in April. I took flights on May 6 & 8 (now almost two weeks ago) and there's been no promo activity on them. Are others still receiving promo SQM for recent flights, or are we back into another system wide pause?
Old May 19, 2022, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27

The last flight I actually received the promo for was back in April. I took flights on May 6 & 8 (now almost two weeks ago) and there's been no promo activity on them. Are others still receiving promo SQM for recent flights, or are we back into another system wide pause?
I had YYZ-FRA and BRU-YUL-YYZ in early May and have not seen the promo part post, but the flights posted.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
As someone who's on the cusp of 50k just needing this promo to post and I have upcoming flights where I could take advantage of *A Gold this is annoying.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC 50K

Jan - April promo started posting at the end of the promo. I'm gonna guess they will probably do a sweep July then one in Sept
Old May 19, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver

Assuming this was a Europe flight, their T&C gives them the opportunity to post the promo 6-8 weeks after the end of promo date so technically they have until October - November to post the additional SQM/SQD.
Old May 19, 2022, 5:40 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YBang
Jan - April promo started posting at the end of the promo.
That's incorrect. They started posting in February, hit some issues and paused for a few weeks.

If I had to guess, the current pause is because they need to re-program things so they only give the bonus on Europe flights.
canopus27 and canadiancow like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
That's incorrect. They started posting in February, hit some issues and paused for a few weeks.

If I had to guess, the current pause is because they need to re-program things so they only give the bonus on Europe flights.
If only there existed a database of an airport code to continent mapping...
Old May 20, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Adam Smith

That makes sense but Im still missing flights in April that were qualified for the worldwide bonus not just Europe. And Ive written in and theyve been radio silent.

frustrating to say the least. Maybe Ill call in tomorrow.
Old May 22, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: AC-75K, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum Elite
I recently noticed that a couple of my flights booked through Air Canada Vacations haven't had the promo applied, is anyone else waiting for theirs?
annehamnitz likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: AC SE, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by JDelux
I recently noticed that a couple of my flights booked through Air Canada Vacations haven't had the promo applied, is anyone else waiting for theirs?
Yes. Still waiting on an ACV bonus from April.
Old May 24, 2022, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Same. Still missing a GRU-YUL and YUL-YQM on same date
Same - flew FRA-YYZ-YOW on 29 Apr. All segments posted for usual credit, but only got the bonus for FRA-YYZ so far. No Europe bonuses since 1 May yet either.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:57 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Please note that over the past couple of weeks, a number of broad questions about SQx earning have been posted in this thread and moved to the status overview/FAQ thread as they weren't about this promo in particular.

If you have a question about SQx earning in general, even if your curiosity is piqued by the ability to increase your earnings through this promo, please visit that thread, as your question may already be answered there, and/or the information may be relevant to fellow FTers beyond the period of this promo.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
kvroe likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 2:19 pm

Missing bonus points for 3 of 4 flights booked via Air Canada Vacations (March)
Emailed in but ignored
Old May 26, 2022, 9:18 pm

I went back and looked at the original wording for Offer A (5000 SQM/500 SQD for 3 activities) and it says they will be credited within 8 weeks of the offer end date. So end of June.

I'm about $150 short of SE. Sure wish they'd surprise us and post them by the end of this month.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.