Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 2:01 pm

has anyone had europe travel (after may 1) post yet? i'm interested in whether or not itineraries with domestic segments get the bonus only for segments that involve a european airport or whether it applies to the whole itinerary. i need to book travel from YVR and i don't know whether i should pay extra for a direct flight to europe from YVR or whether it's 'safe' to fly via YYZ or YUL. thanks
Old May 9, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by notanothersegment
has anyone had europe travel (after may 1) post yet? i'm interested in whether or not itineraries with domestic segments get the bonus only for segments that involve a european airport or whether it applies to the whole itinerary. i need to book travel from YVR and i don't know whether i should pay extra for a direct flight to europe from YVR or whether it's 'safe' to fly via YYZ or YUL. thanks
Another poster messaged AE a few days ago and were told the bonus only applies to the flight arriving/departing from Europe. So YVR-LHR would count but if you booked YVR-YYZ-LHR only the latter segment would get the bonus.
Old May 9, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by notanothersegment
I asked Aeroplan and they told me only the segments to Europe would count. The domestic segment will still accrue SQM/SQD, but you will not get the bonus. Not sure how accurate Aeroplan reps are but I guess its the best info we have so far.
Old May 9, 2022, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by c224488
Not sure how accurate Aeroplan reps are but I guess its the best info we have so far.
I'd argue that they're about as accurate as baseless speculation.
vernonc, nomadic.relief and YYCCL3 like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'd argue that they're about as accurate as baseless speculation.
Let's just hope that they got it wrong and all domestic segments with the final destination to Europe will also get the bonus.

I've got a trip booked to Europe which based on your cowculator, I will get 24k SQM without the domestic bonus but 29k SQM with the domestic bonus. I will report back once the bonus posts.
Old May 9, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
Another poster messaged AE a few days ago and were told the bonus only applies to the flight arriving/departing from Europe. So YVR-LHR would count but if you booked YVR-YYZ-LHR only the latter segment would get the bonus.
If only the YVR-LHR segment was as cheap as the YVR-YYZ-LHR.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by CdnFlier
If only the YVR-LHR segment was as cheap as the YVR-YYZ-LHR.
It actually adds up to be roughly the same. YVR to LHR roundtrip is 9k SQM (2x = 18k)

YVR to YYZ roundtrip is 4k SQM
YYZ to LHR roundtrip is 7k SQM (2x=14k)
14k + 4k = 18k
kalderlake likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC*SE
It actually adds up to be roughly the same. YVR to LHR roundtrip is 9k SQM (2x = 18k)

14k + 4k = 18k
Well ..... I hadn't even thought of that! I guess because it's so long across the country vs a flight up around the Arctic. Maybe I do need a trip to Europe this summer...

Just need to decide if it's worth squeaking into SE or having lots of carry-over miles for a next year. Handy promotion.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Let's just hope that they got it wrong and all domestic segments with the final destination to Europe will also get the bonus.

I've got a trip booked to Europe which based on your cowculator, I will get 24k SQM without the domestic bonus but 29k SQM with the domestic bonus. I will report back once the bonus posts.
I went back and checked my activity to answer this question. In Feb, I flew YYZ-YUL-LHR and LHR-YUL-YYZ. In both cases I got the 100% bonus for the domestic segments incl COS.
314 was the base points for YYZ-YUL. I got 393 as reg SQM incl COS bonus for flying in PE. And I got 393 incl COS bonus 'GET CLOSER to STATUS for flying AC'. Both ways.
So to summarize, yes you do get the bonus for the domestic segments.
My flights did not have a stopover, just transit in YUL both ways just to be absolutely clear.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:32 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by vernonc
I went back and checked my activity to answer this question. I flew YYZ-YUL-LHR and LHR-YUL-YYZ. In both cases I got the 100% bonus for the domestic segments incl COS.
314 was the base points for YYZ-YUL. I got 393 as reg SQM incl COS bonus for flying in PE. And I got 393 incl COS bonus 'GET CLOSER to STATUS for flying AC'.
So to summarize, yes you do get the bonus for the domestic segments.
My flights did not have a stopover, just transit in YUL both ways just to be absolutely clear.
Were these flights before or after April 30?
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Were these flights before or after April 30?
They were in Feb. Would the promo terms have changed after April 30 ?
Old May 9, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Just a note,

I'm still waiting on bonus to post from an Apr 28 redeye and Apr 29 domestic flight. The original points posted.

I am noticing that the original points posted also have the wrong class of service bonus posted. Is there an e-mail address everyone in here uses to write in for stuff like this? Thanks everyone
Old May 9, 2022, 5:39 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by vernonc
They were in Feb. Would the promo terms have changed after April 30 ?
Before April 30, all AC flights (as per the T&Cs) earned the bonus.

After April 30, it applies only to AC flights to/from Europe (again, according to the T&Cs).

Until someone posts with info for flights taken after April 30, we can speculate all we want, but the prevailing opinion is that only those segments to/from Europe get the bonus. We will see.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Before April 30, all AC flights (as per the T&Cs) earned the bonus.

After April 30, it applies only to AC flights to/from Europe (again, according to the T&Cs).

Until someone posts with info for flights taken after April 30, we can speculate all we want, but the prevailing opinion is that only those segments to/from Europe get the bonus. We will see.
Ahh, I see. Lets hope for the best. Hopefully I did not get everyone excited.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 10:52 pm

14k + 4k = 18k
It does make a difference for LQM though since it has been reported that the accelerate bonus does not count for LQM.

I never thought that I would ever reach SE, but I now find myself at exactly the same place as capedreamer with more flights already booked. So for one of them, I opted for the latter for the higher LQM in case MM ever becomes a consideration. Still a loooong way off though.
capedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.