Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Old May 12, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
I am missing bonuses for May 1st and 3rd, which seems par for the course. Once these post, I will requalify for Super Elite! Most years I am hitting 35k around now, so that is one measure of what all the boosts mean.
Old May 12, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YVR4Ever
I am missing bonuses for May 1st and 3rd, which seems par for the course. Once these post, I will requalify for Super Elite! Most years I am hitting 35k around now, so that is one measure of what all the boosts mean.
Europe flight?
Old May 12, 2022, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capedreamer
For those of you still waiting for COS top-up of pre-Feb 20 flights where multiple flights on the same date only saw one corrected, I suggest you write in to AC to let them know. I was just assured by AC that according to their records, they've fixed everything now, and I had to insist that that is not the case.

I only have 1 such flight affecting me, so it's not the end of the world if I don't receive the 468 SQMs I'm owed. But for those of you with many more flights missing COS top-ups, just waiting around for AC to get their sh*t together may not be enough.
I can confirm that the 3 I am missing were the 3 pre-Feb 20 days where I had 2 segments.

I don't really care about the 9126 SQM (oh yay more eUps ), but the 1134 SQD could inch me closer to another priority reward, which... might be useful?

I guess I'll write in.

Edit: I just double checked the activity, and these three flights posted, but without the COS bonus. So I'm not missing any SQD, and I'm missing substantially less SQM than I thought. But I had already drafted the email, so I sent it anyway.

Edit Again: I got an auto-reply that suggests they no longer use the SE email address. Sigh.

Last edited by canadiancow; May 12, 2022 at 3:28 pm
Old May 12, 2022, 4:03 pm

I'm still missing the bonus miles and $ for 3 of 4 flights booked through Air Canada Vacations. Regular miles posted for those 3. Had to chase the 4th but it has the bonus miles.
Two flights are "standard" but believe those qualify
The other posted as PE redemption though no redemption was involved.
Presume I have to chase (again)?
Old May 12, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I can confirm that the 3 I am missing were the 3 pre-Feb 20 days where I had 2 segments.

I don't really care about the 9126 SQM (oh yay more eUps ), but the 1134 SQD could inch me closer to another priority reward, which... might be useful?

I guess I'll write in.

Edit: I just double checked the activity, and these three flights posted, but without the COS bonus. So I'm not missing any SQD, and I'm missing substantially less SQM than I thought. But I had already drafted the email, so I sent it anyway.

Edit Again: I got an auto-reply that suggests they no longer use the SE email address. Sigh.
FWIW, I've been corresponding with [email protected] on this matter, so feel free to forward your message there.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by c224488
Europe flight?
Oh yeah, right. Forgot the promo is done. Fortunately I'll make those last $750 at the end of the month.
Old May 13, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC E75K
For those of you still waiting for COS top-up of pre-Feb 20 flights where multiple flights on the same date only saw one corrected, I suggest you write in to AC to let them know. I was just assured by AC that according to their records, they've fixed everything now, and I had to insist that that is not the case.

I only have 1 such flight affecting me, so it's not the end of the world if I don't receive the 468 SQMs I'm owed. But for those of you with many more flights missing COS top-ups, just waiting around for AC to get their sh*t together may not be enough.
Thanks for those who wrote in. I heard back from AC. They now acknowledge this issue and are working to resolve it. They specifically mentioned that they got a few emails from folks in this forum after seeing my message. Fingers crossed this whole saga will be over soon!
DNAwizard likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Thanks for those who wrote in. I heard back from AC. They now acknowledge this issue and are working to resolve it. They specifically mentioned that they got a few emails from folks in this forum after seeing my message. Fingers crossed this whole saga will be over soon!
Thanks for the update. I'm still waiting for the bonus SQM for the COS for 8 segments flown in Jan and Feb. I sent an email as well. Glad to hear that AC is aware of the issue and working on a fix
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
One piddly YYC-YEG sector on Apr 27 missing promo bonus….the connecting flight from HNL posted 🤪
Old May 16, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
One piddly YYC-YEG sector on Apr 27 missing promo bonus….the connecting flight from HNL posted 🤪

Same. Still missing a GRU-YUL and YUL-YQM on same date
Old May 16, 2022, 12:18 pm

Also missing Yyz - Yvr on April 27th
Old May 16, 2022, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I love how they mention FT.

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your email. Because of the report received from you and a few other flyertalk members we’ve been able to flag this issue to our team and they are currently investigating and working on a resolution. Please keep an eye on your account for the missing SQM to be added over the coming weeks.

Thank you,
Old May 16, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I got 1 SQM in late-April as a Goodwill Credit; I wonder if that was a test posting?

They haven’t taken it away, so…
Old May 16, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
I got 1 SQM in late-April as a Goodwill Credit; I wonder if that was a test posting?

They haven’t taken it away, so…
They don't have a lot of goodwill for you ... just a small amount.
somedude3210 and vancouver25k like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
I'm still waiting for 4600 promo SQM from April 28. Unlike the Cow, I've passed $50K SQD no additional Priority award, though the missing promo SQM would put me at another threshold eUps (again, too many of those). All I care about now is pushing towards the 350K SQM Aeroplan mile bonuses and don't want to lose track of SQM owed to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.