Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Mine have all been pretty accurate.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Mine have been accurate, either exactly what was expected or above when there were IRROPS
Old Aug 12, 2021, 7:39 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Can someone remind me what goes into SQDs? Is it just base fares? So $319.99 for the ticket below?

Base fare - Depart Economy - Flex 194.00
Base fare - Return Economy - Flex 125.99

Air Travellers Security Charge - Canada 12.10
Goods and Services Tax - Canada - 100092287 RT0001 16.60
Harmonized Sales Tax - Canada - 100092287 RT0001 3.90
Airport Improvement Fee - Canada 30.00
September 11th Security Fee - United States 6.78
Transportation International/Domestic Tax - United States 46.24
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) User Fee – United States 4.79
Immigration User Fee - United States 8.47
Customs User Fee - United States 7.25
Passenger Facility Charge - United States 5.45
Total before options (per passenger) $461.57
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
The best display is on the Summary Page as you are purchasing your ticket. I screen shot because that's my preferred method.

Of the Details posted here for a random YYZ-YYC

ALL that counts for SQD is this - BASE FARE + Carrier Surcharge

My experience is, it always matches

(with the exception of the fun days back when the AQD ladies were deducting the Deflated Seat coupons from the AQD)

EDIT TO ADD:

And this is how it looks on the Purchase Summary section of the Booking Confirmation you receive from AC.

@davesmunroe
Look at your tickets again, look at my screen shots. Use the Base Fare and Carrier surcharges to calculate your SQD. If you need more help, post the exact breakdown of the ticket purchase.

Last edited by 24left; Aug 12, 2021 at 8:30 pm
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Westjet Gold, Skymiles, Alaska MP, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Amex MR
Originally Posted by 24left
The best display is on the Summary Page as you are purchasing your ticket. I screen shot because that's my preferred method.

Of the Details posted here for a random YYZ-YYC

ALL that counts for SQD is this - BASE FARE + Carrier Surcharge

My experience is, it always matches

(with the exception of the fun days back when the AQD ladies were deducting the Deflated Seat coupons from the AQD)

EDIT TO ADD:

And this is how it looks on the Purchase Summary section of the Booking Confirmation you receive from AC.

@davesmunroe
Look at your tickets again, look at my screen shots. Use the Base Fare and Carrier surcharges to calculate your SQD. If you need more help, post the exact breakdown of the ticket purchase.
Thanks - my logic matches your exactly, so my $426 base fare + surcharge should amount to 426 SQD. I got 37 SQD. Here's my fare breakdown below. I've sent in a complaint to Air Canada, so I'll see what happens. Seems like this problem is unique to me, not something that's being widely experienced.

Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Was the trip just one flight segment? The SQD is spread out for multiple segments.

Edit: Also, I think segments on non-Star Alliance members won't accrue SQD.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
I had the same issue on some recent flights. Will need to investigate further. I got about 50% SQD.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 11:14 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by davesmunroe
Seems like this problem is unique to me, not something that's being widely experienced.
It's far from unique to you. Usually the system works okay, but sometimes it doesn't.

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Also, I think segments on non-Star Alliance members won't accrue SQD.
That's true, but if you look at the purchase summary posted by @davesmunroe, there are clearly no non-*A carriers on that itinerary.

Originally Posted by Prestige
I had the same issue on some recent flights. Will need to investigate further. I got about 50% SQD.
Fill in the form. The link is in the wiki. The ladies are usually quick to get these things corrected.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Question How long for bonus miles to post?

It seems that there is something off with Aeroplan: I flew a couple of segments on AC in the past weeks and have not received any bonus miles. One of my Aeroplan select benefits is 100% bonus miles on AC. In the past, these bonus miles posted within 2 weeks after the regular miles showed up in my account. It's been 6 weeks now and still nothing. Does anyone have similar experiences?
Old Aug 13, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by totti
It seems that there is something off with Aeroplan: I flew a couple of segments on AC in the past weeks and have not received any bonus miles. One of my Aeroplan select benefits is 100% bonus miles on AC. In the past, these bonus miles posted within 2 weeks after the regular miles showed up in my account. It's been 6 weeks now and still nothing. Does anyone have similar experiences?
@totti, I've merged your thread here because the issue is already under discussion here. Just scroll up about 20-25 posts.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
@totti, I've merged your thread here because the issue is already under discussion here. Just scroll up about 20-25 posts.
Thank you, Adam Smith ! Sorry for my poor search attempt which did not yield the desired result.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 4:08 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Just ever so slightly OT, I noticed this morning that I'm missing my Elite Status Bonus miles for two flights. The odd thing is that both of them were FP flights. The rest of my flights credited within a couple of days of flying. How strange.

I complained via the general feedback form since, strictly speaking, it's not about missing SQD/SQM. It's only a few thousand AE points, but it is an advertised benefit.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Just ever so slightly OT, I noticed this morning that I'm missing my Elite Status Bonus miles for two flights.
Quite on topic, and already discussed here

Transparency on moderator thought process: until recently, missing status bonus points really hadn't been an issue, so I didn't think it needed to be included in what was such a nice, concise title. I also worried that including Aeroplan in the title might make it less clear that this is about credits for flight activity.

Since this seems to be a growing problem, I've tweaked the name of the thread to make it clear that missing flight bonus miles are on topic here. It's a bit clunkier now, but hopefully still makes sense. If anyone has suggestions on a better title, please feel free to PM/e-mail me and @tcook052.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by totti
ALL of my AC flights since the start of the year are missing these bonus miles. I have been complaining and complaining to AP since June and none have been posted yet.

In fact, last Wednesday I was told by a certain supervisor from Vancouver CC named "Jenny" this is marketing's problem not AP's and next time to email SE desk and not them.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Y FP flight posted. 1 SQD.

I know I've been talking about how cheap this pass was, but it wasn't THAT cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.