Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Latest issue for me are the codeshared flights when connecting on a TPAC. e.g., YYZ-NRT-BKK with the latter on TG, or through ICN via OZ.

Whenever I request the missing credit on the Aeroplan site, I get the "no passenger with that name" message.

Edit: I just noticed that the 014 ticket numbers are different on the AC/TG segments, so perhaps that may have been a factor?
painintheuk likes this.

Last edited by TTC900Rocket; Aug 13, 2023 at 8:47 am
Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Despite AC having apparently identified the source of the SQD problem (the last 3 adjustments I received were for flights I had not reported through any mechanism), they have apparently not managed (or bothered) to resolve the root of the issue. 3 segments just posted for flights on August 6 and 7 where I'm short ~$250 SQD according to the cow tool.
But if they actually fix it, how many people wont have a job? 😁
capedreamer likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 10:49 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Just wrapped up a trip with everything now posted Im ~1,700 SQD short. Emailed it in and got the auto reply that if its not fixed by the end of August I should fill out the form
Old Aug 13, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: AC 75K *G
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Despite AC having apparently identified the source of the SQD problem (the last 3 adjustments I received were for flights I had not reported through any mechanism), they have apparently not managed (or bothered) to resolve the root of the issue. 3 segments just posted for flights on August 6 and 7 where I'm short ~$250 SQD according to the cow tool.
Same thing with my partner. He did not report any of his SQD discrepancies from March onwards and received automatic adjusments
Old Aug 13, 2023, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
Latest issue for me are the codeshared flights when connecting on a TPAC. e.g., YYZ-NRT-BKK with the latter on TG, or through ICN via OZ.

Whenever I request the missing credit on the Aeroplan site, I get the "no passenger with that name" message.

Edit: I just noticed that the 014 ticket numbers are different on the AC/TG segments, so perhaps that may have been a factor?
I didn't even think to check that. I got re-routed on a UA flight, NH number. The form didn't recognize me. I didn't even think to check, but you are right that the ticket number is different. I'll try with the new number and see if it works. Thanks for the tip!
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket

I would always start with the ticket number on the boarding pass for the flight in question. Sometimes you may have conjunctive tickets where the ticket number is sequential (i.e. 014 2123 123456 and 014 2123 123457), and other times there may be been a partial exchange/reissue so some coupons remain on the original ticket and a new ticket is issued for the remaining coupons.
painintheuk and TTC900Rocket like this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by D582
I would always start with the ticket number on the boarding pass for the flight in question. Sometimes you may have conjunctive tickets where the ticket number is sequential (i.e. 014 2123 123456 and 014 2123 123457), and other times there may be been a partial exchange/reissue so some coupons remain on the original ticket and a new ticket is issued for the remaining coupons.
Yes, my re-routed flight on UA got a new ticket number which I hadn't realized. The form didn't recognize it. I just went back in with the new ticket number and it was instantly reflected in my SQM and AP points. My 75% and 10 e-up threshold eups haven't come through yet, but I didn't expect instant on those!

The re-route ended up losing me about 7400 LQM but I got an extra 1905 SQM. I think I'm OK with it, but might try to get credit for the original route. Need to think about my travel plans for the rest of the year and if the 1905 are useful or not. Nice for re-qualification next year, but I may regret it if and when I get close to MM!

Last edited by painintheuk; Aug 13, 2023 at 12:24 pm
Old Aug 13, 2023, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Flew a UA marketed, AC operated segment Friday. It posted already.

SQD is slightly higher than I expect based on current forex rates, but they might be using the rate on the ticketing date.

Edit: my spreadsheet had 395, which was likely based on forex when I bought the ticket. Current forex is also 395. I got 400 🤷‍♀️

Last edited by canadiancow; Aug 13, 2023 at 12:21 pm
Old Aug 13, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Thanks - just checked, and same message "Passenger name not found.".

I probably should have asked to add my FF number when I noticed that my status was not indicated on the BP.

Originally Posted by D582
Old Aug 14, 2023, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Flew BER-FRA-YVR-MEX on Saturday, August 12. BER-FRA segment operated by LH posted on Sunday, August 13. FRA-YVR and YVR-MEX segments operated by AC posted on Monday, August 14. 2 calendar days / 0 business days is the fasted I've ever seen an AC segment post. Would it be wishful thinking that this could become the norm?

OTOH, each of my last 6 segments have had some portion of SQD missing. Ugh.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 2:53 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Heres a different one. Awhile back I sent a note about some Status bonus points not posting. They fixed it but didnt email me back, which has been a normal experience for me.

However this time they actually closed the loop and emailed back to say that they credited the points on July 18. But the email read as:

Thank you for your email. After reviewing your account, the credits for the Altitude Bonus Points were processed on July 18, 2023.
Altitude
Old Aug 14, 2023, 5:03 pm

Last year, I was flying AC from YYZ to CIN for business. Ticket was booked through our corporate travel booking portal. Last minute, plans changed and I cancelled the flight, so I had a credit. This year, used credit to fly YYZ direct CIN. AC only gave points and SQS for one of the two segments. When I submitted a request for missing points they denied it. Their response was that since I used credits to book I'm not eligible for points/SQS for one of the flights.

This makes no sense to me, since the credit was the money I had already paid to AC, it wasn't a credit AC gave to me as compensation. Any insights?
Old Aug 15, 2023, 7:09 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
The SQD showing for me in the dashboard for 2023 jumped yesterday by about 1000, although I haven't flown in two months, and there is no new activity showing under Aeroplan activity (i.e., nothing saying something like 'SQD correction 975 SQD'). I only noticed because I went from $35 below a priority rewards threshold to almost $1000 over it. Anyone know why this could have happened or if there is some way for me to see what flight it correlates to (if any)?
Old Aug 15, 2023, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
The SQD showing for me in the dashboard for 2023 jumped yesterday by about 1000, although I haven't flown in two months, and there is no new activity showing under Aeroplan activity (i.e., nothing saying something like 'SQD correction 975 SQD'). I only noticed because I went from $35 below a priority rewards threshold to almost $1000 over it. Anyone know why this could have happened or if there is some way for me to see what flight it correlates to (if any)?
They are retroactively correcting missing/incorrect SQD numbers. If you scroll down in your Aeroplan activities, you'll find posts backdated to the date of the flight(s) in question.
Adam Smith and flyingcrooked like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyingcrooked

This sounds like an agent trying to not do work to process a credit and just making stuff up re credits! Even an e-voucher that was given as compensation earns SQD.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.