Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2021, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Thanks to both of you as always. Neither are routine tools in my armamentarium.
Will update.
Old May 11, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Thought I would close the loop on this. Received a call from someone at Air Canada yesterday that suggested it might just be a delay in posting, but that he would check with the Elite team. SQM/SQS posted today.
Old May 14, 2021, 5:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Have a number of recent flights that are only partially posting or not posting at all. Seems I am having to wait the 8 days and submit them. It is a bit annoying...
Old May 15, 2021, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Have a number of recent flights that are only partially posting or not posting at all. Seems I am having to wait the 8 days and submit them. It is a bit annoying...
Having the same problem. Been flying YLW-YVR-YXJ-YVR-YLW but only the YVR-YXJ-YVR segments post. Then after waiting the 8 days to submit, the system rejects them, saying they’re already posted, but shows the YVR-YXJ flights in the rejection email. I tried emailing them to super elite and Aeroplan, got rejected again as they were just putting it through the system. Kept emailing asking a person to actually look at them, and finally got a response in April that it would take 10 weeks. Some of these flights were at the beginning of February, and won’t know if I get credit for them until almost July?! It’s crazy. I thought maybe the issue was because of using a flight pass, so I booked a regular ticket (biz class), and see that once again, only the YVR-YXJ portions posted. Working towards super elite again, and it’s incredibly inconvenient to have to fight for half of my segments, and wait 3-4 months to find out if they’ll even credit them.
Old May 17, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jdj84
Having the same problem. Been flying YLW-YVR-YXJ-YVR-YLW but only the YVR-YXJ-YVR segments post. Then after waiting the 8 days to submit, the system rejects them, saying they’re already posted, but shows the YVR-YXJ flights in the rejection email. I tried emailing them to super elite and Aeroplan, got rejected again as they were just putting it through the system. Kept emailing asking a person to actually look at them, and finally got a response in April that it would take 10 weeks. Some of these flights were at the beginning of February, and won’t know if I get credit for them until almost July?! It’s crazy. I thought maybe the issue was because of using a flight pass, so I booked a regular ticket (biz class), and see that once again, only the YVR-YXJ portions posted. Working towards super elite again, and it’s incredibly inconvenient to have to fight for half of my segments, and wait 3-4 months to find out if they’ll even credit them.
I am starting to wonder if the system does not credit the miles for a back track that would normally not be offered as a legitimate connection but is allowed on a flight pass. You're example of YLW-YVR-YXJ would be a possible example of this as would mine of YYC-YVR-YYZ. The system seems to think it has already been credited as the YYC-YVR segment comes back as the YVR-YYZ segment. I guess I will wait to see what AC/Aeroplan says as I was instructed to send an email to the AC Aeroplan credits department.
Old May 17, 2021, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I am starting to wonder if the system does not credit the miles for a back track that would normally not be offered as a legitimate connection but is allowed on a flight pass. You're example of YLW-YVR-YXJ would be a possible example of this as would mine of YYC-YVR-YYZ. The system seems to think it has already been credited as the YYC-YVR segment comes back as the YVR-YYZ segment. I guess I will wait to see what AC/Aeroplan says as I was instructed to send an email to the AC Aeroplan credits department.
In this instance, that is the only route available, whether on a flight pass or a purchased ticket. I purchased a flight as two one ways, and got credit for all my segments. I then purchased a round trip for the following week, thinking maybe the flight pass was the issue, but only got credited for the YVR-YXJ and YXJ-YVR portions again. So the system is broken whether its a flight pass or revenue flight in this instance. I'm now short 8 SQS, and about $2500 in SQD, with at least 6 more weeks before I find out if I even get them (from emailing the Credits department). Have another flight this week, which I'm sure will end up with the same issue!
Old May 17, 2021, 4:28 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
@EdmFlyBoi @jdj84 Is the problem that your SQD is not posting, or is that you're not getting the SQM/SQS posted in the first place?
Old May 17, 2021, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
@EdmFlyBoi @jdj84 Is the problem that your SQD is not posting, or is that you're not getting the SQM/SQS posted in the first place?
Not getting the SQM/SQS for half the segments in the first place, and then the SQD total for the flight is incorrect. It's all a giant cluster.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
It appears that only a portion is posting. The entire booking is YYC-YVR-YYZ-YVR-YYC. The outbound and inbound are separate ticket numbers. The outbound - YYC-YVR-YYZ - was only credited for the YVR-YYZ portion. The same is true for the inbound. When I submitted the request for the YYC-YVR portion using the ticket number and correct flight info, it denies it stating that it has already been credited (I did check with Aeroplan by telephone to ensure I had the correct information). However, the information that is provided in the email is that the YVR-YYZ portion was what was submitted when that is not what was done. For example, I submitted AC203 YYC-YVR for credit and the email I get back is the AC104 was submitted and has already been credited.

My sense is that it is because of the backtrack. Not sure if it is a system error and needs to be addressed manually or what the issue is. I was instructed to submit to the [email protected] address with the ticket and boarding pass (which I did and which was acknowledged).

Does that all make sense?
Old May 17, 2021, 11:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's not because of the "backtrack". That's an issue with routing rules, not with mileage crediting.

​​​​​
Old May 21, 2021, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC 75k
So my AQD issue got sorted sometime recently. The webpage will not allow you to go backwards for an AQD discrepency request. As Cow suggested, and supported by on phone rep after speaking to a supervisor ( I was busy doing a couple of other things so decided to ask also) I just chose the current day and then entered the correct info in the message. I received the usual "thanks for your submission" email but nothing else. Looking back to the flight date, things are now corrected, but no other notification that the dollars had been approved and credited ever came.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I have had to request credit for ALL flights for the last 2 months. This time around I waited about 2 weeks just to see if the miles would ever post (they didn't). I filled out the form, and it told me effectively that my name did not match with anyone on the flight. Double checked everything, copy and pasted the ticket number, and it told me another 4 times I wasn't on the flight. 5th time it magically worked.

Now if I ever get my 2500 bonus miles for flight pass activity, I will be stunned (it's 4 weeks out now). I assume I'll have to email them for those?

Last edited by LockheedElectra; May 25, 2021 at 11:42 am Reason: needed emphasis
Old May 29, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
How does one determine SQD for reticketed itineraries?

Hi everyone,

I cannot see the SQD on certain itineraries due to rescheduling or cancellation changes in the bookings section.

Do I just go by the SQDs ("Air Transportation") charges on my original receipt, or will the SQD be recalculated some other way?

My status is E35K, so I am trying to reach 25K in SQMs/$3000 SQDs or go for E35K/$4000 SQDs so that I can be that much more ahead in 2022.

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2021, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
Hi everyone,

I cannot see the SQD on certain itineraries due to rescheduling or cancellation changes in the bookings section.

Do I just go by the SQDs ("Air Transportation") charges on my original receipt, or will the SQD be recalculated some other way?

My status is E35K, so I am trying to reach 25K in SQMs/$3000 SQDs or go for E35K/$4000 SQDs so that I can be that much more ahead in 2022.

Thanks!
You could try https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...a-cowtool.html

But assuming everything's operated by AC, it'll be the sum of base fare and surcharges.
Adam Smith and TTC900Rocket like this.
Old May 29, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Thanks! Yeah, everything was (and still is) operated by AC, so the cowculator was accurate within a few cents of the original ticketed pricing.

One interesting multi-connection itinerary saw me pay $575 originally, but due to a rescheduled/misconnect, netted me a lengthier itinerary that AC was selling for $1300 (and yes, in J ).

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You could try https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...a-cowtool.html

But assuming everything's operated by AC, it'll be the sum of base fare and surcharges.
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.