Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Aug 4, 2023, 1:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Aphrican
No correction yet of an SQD error from 24 July flights. No surprise.

Our 02 August flights have yet to post. I think that the AC flights might post by the 5th or 6th and the QK flights might post by the 8th or 9th.

I truly cannot fathom why long haul TK flights post between 16 and 26 hours after landing while AC flights take around 72 hours and QK flights take around 144 hours to post on an AC controlled system.
My Aug 1st flight did not post, either. It actually occurred on July 30 if you considered the time zone. Patiently waiting for it now.

Edit: too add injury to insult, my flight with VA yesterday has already been posted.

Last edited by Changeup2000; Aug 4, 2023 at 3:16 am
Old Aug 4, 2023, 5:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
The elite status bonus posted on two LH segments was 25% of the SQM for the flight. The ticket was booked on 014 stock and was in P. Anyone know if this is correct or should I follow up on the amount awarded?
Old Aug 4, 2023, 5:52 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
The elite status bonus posted on two LH segments was 25% of the SQM for the flight. The ticket was booked on 014 stock and was in P. Anyone know if this is correct or should I follow up on the amount awarded?
I believe this is correct as itís what I always get on LH flights. I donít think the 25% is posted on their website, although the select benefits explanation does make it clear that itís not a full status bonus on LH operated flights but that you do get a status bonus. Doesnít share the amount but I believe it is 25%.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 5:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wjw
I believe this is correct as itís what I always get on LH flights. I donít think the 25% is posted on their website, although the select benefits explanation does make it clear that itís not a full status bonus on LH operated flights but that you do get a status bonus. Doesnít share the amount but I believe it is 25%.
Thanks for that - appreciate it.

Final adjustment appeared this morning. It now appears I have everything corrected for the year.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 4, 2023 at 6:03 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Aug 4, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
$4,207 posted today for June's YKA-LHR-YKA trip, just another ~$4,000 to post from other trips.
Showed up as four different AC Adjustments, one for each segment and back in the chronological order they would have posted
Old Aug 4, 2023, 7:33 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
​​​​
Originally Posted by wjw
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Yup, always (at least for 10+ years) been 25% with LH group. It used to be somewhere on the benefits page, but seems to be gone. It does still show up in the flow for benefits selection. Why it's not on the regular website, who knows. The only difference between the language is the "25%".
canadiancow and EdmFlyBoi like this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
As I have predicted, my flight from YVR to Sydney in paid J gave me a whopping SQD of 311.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE & 2MM/Bonvoy Gold/HHonors Diamond
I do not track my SQD in detail like a few on here, especially once I have crossed my 20k but I have notice it made a few jumps over the last little while.

Clearly they found a bug and have fixed it
Old Aug 4, 2023, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by lcohen999

Clearly they found a bug and have fixed it
Don't be too quick to generalize this; the 6 of us in the office here (all SE) have not seen any corrections made to the many 2023 SQD errors during the last 2 weeks.
martyYOW and YYJ _SLF like this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 7:58 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
A bunch of my flights from earlier in the year on LH just got adjusted. They were mostly small potatoes though ~$50 each.

No adjustments to the PNR Iím currently half way through though. Itíll be ~$1,700 short so Iím hoping it automatically fixes as soon as the final two flights post, but Iím not holding my breathÖ
Old Aug 5, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: E75K
Still missing SQx for 29 May flight FRA-YVR on AC metal. The LH portion (JNB-FRA) posted immediately. On 014 stock. Anyone else missing SQx from May??
Old Aug 5, 2023, 11:46 am

My flights from May 18th and 28th just got adjusted a few days ago so with any luck yours will too in a couple of days. I am 6 days out from my last flight to Whitehorse which has not shown up yet but the outbound posted within 48h.

On a positive note, I was having difficulty applying my eupgrades to a flight to AKL in that the system didn't allow it despite the fact that there was space. The return flight wasn't a problem. I called AC, they created a ticket and the problem was fixed within about 3 hours. They said it was a synchronization error. Not very hopeful that my upgrades will pass (especially on YVR-AKL) as they haven't on my last 4 flights but keeping fingers crossed.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 1:22 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Not close to any status here but want to provide a data point.
My YUL-SFO posted with correct numbers 2 days after the flight. Funny enough, the preceding segment YQB-YUL on the same ticket posted after a week.
Seems to be in line with the pattern that int'l segments post faster.
MDFFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Agosti
Not close to any status here but want to provide a data point.
My YUL-SFO posted with correct numbers 2 days after the flight. Funny enough, the preceding segment YQB-YUL on the same ticket posted after a week.
Seems to be in line with the pattern that int'l segments post faster.
Well, here's another datapoint to prove the opposite (or that there is no discernible rhyme or reason to AC's madness):

Flew MEX-YYZ-YOW on August 3. YYZ-YOW posted today. MEX-YYZ remains MIA.
Agosti likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I tried to credit an OZ/AC codeshare flight from ICN-BKK, but the system claimed it has been credited already. That is SO false and insulting as I have all the posted earnings displayed on the next Aeroplan page.

I will send it in using the above email addresses with supporting pictures of bps and activities.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.