Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 12, 2020, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
You must call in for stopovers, multi-city, or complicated routings, until the new booking system launches in 2021.

I hope others will significantly improve this wiki!

There are four zones: North America (inc Central), South America, Atlantic (including India and Western Russia), Pacific (inc Eastern Russia) and the chart is based which one you start from and which one you end up in, there's ten of these.

Cost is based on distance, which zone pair your flight is in, which class you are flying in.

Partner airlines (again) are a better deal because while Air Canada will calculate cost on a wide ranges but partner airlines are fixed to the bottom of the range.

YQ is eliminated. There's a 39 CAD fee for booking a ticket which contains a flight on a partner airline. Aside from this, there's no incentive any more to book a return flight it seems and every incentive not to.
Note: The partner booking fee is refundable, so it's basically a YQ, rather than a booking fee.

Most flights are devalued. However, the elimination of YQ sweetens this significantly. Within North America, a lot of flights became cheaper, YVR-HNL very significantly. YVR-TYO is much cheaper while YVR-AKL is a little cheaper.

A vastly more powerful booking system is promised for 2021.

There are a lot of new tricks to be learned. https://princeoftravel.com/blog/new-aeroplan-flight-rewards/ is a good start.

Information that is harder to find:
  • SE IKK redemption from the old program can be changed ("within reason") without repricing. Dates, routings, no problem. Origin/destination should be fine. But nothing that would have required a repricing under the old program. This is from Mark Nasr in https://www.facebook.com/pointsmiles...44878252851420
  • The "Activity" page only shows you the most recent ~48 transactions. See this post for information on how to get older data.
  • A partial refund may not be possible (e.g. if you book RT and outbound flight is cancelled by you or AC, to delete the first flight segment, you have to cancel the entire ticket and rebook the inbound at a potentially higher fare. It seems supervisor can grant exceptions.)
Print Wikipost

2020 Air Canada Aeroplan Program

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
This can't be correct?? Even with SE status a standard reward doesn't give you seat selection, free bags or priority check-in??

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 23, 2021 at 12:55 am Reason: Resize excessively large image
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
This can't be correct?? Even with SE status a standard reward doesn't give you seat selection, free bags or priority check-in??
I believe you would get all of the benefits

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 22, 2021 at 10:41 pm Reason: Remove large quoted image
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:38 am

Spoiler

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 23, 2021 at 12:00 am Reason: Remove large quoted image; wrap spoiler tags around excessively large images
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you do a revenue booking, the comparison looks the same. That's just showing you what the fare entitles you to.

Also, I'm a little annoyed that selecting a priority reward shows you the old and new price, even though that's obvious and easy math.

But if I'm SE or have a CC, it doesn't show me what the original price would be, which I think would be great marketing for them.

I'm also confused about this. My last eUp threshold was at 180k, not 140k. And what is 136,111 ????

Adam Smith and Yhztraveller like this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 22, 2021 at 10:47 pm Reason: Resize excessively large image
Old Nov 11, 2020, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Does anyone have the original text for upgrade/standby priority for credit cards? I can't seem to find it now.

All I can currently find is "Priority on standby and upgrade lists is determined by several factors, including, but not limited to, holding Aeroplan Elite Status, an eligible Aeroplan-branded credit card, and other rules as determined by Air Canada in its sole discretion and as may be changed by Air Canada from time to time."
Old Nov 11, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Is it just me or have taxes and fees gone up noticeably in the new program?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Is it just me or have taxes and fees gone up noticeably in the new program?
How so? What routes are you comparing?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
How so? What routes are you comparing?
TATL J now seem to go for ~$150 one-way in taxes and fees. Which is about 50-100% higher than what I'm used to paying.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
TATL J now seem to go for ~$150 one-way in taxes and fees. Which is about 50-100% higher than what I'm used to paying.
Are you looking at AC flight? Partnership flights have an extra booking fee now I believe.

See below:
If you’re booking a flight reward on another airline, there is a flat Partner Booking Fee of just $39 (per ticket) – which you can also cover with points.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Nov 11, 2020 at 1:56 pm
Old Nov 11, 2020, 2:56 pm

Are you looking at AC flight? Partnership flights have an extra booking fee now I believe.

See below:
Ah, that might be it. Pretty much all of my bookings have at least one segment on LH / LX since AC mainline doesn't fly to BER.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Enter to win one of three prizes of 25,000 Points as Rewards Canada celebrates the launch of the new Air Canada Aeroplan program!
Old Nov 11, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum

See below:
$39.

Ironically, YUL-ZRH on Swiss now has higher fees than YUL-YYZ-ZRH on AC.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:42 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Question. Are Aeroplan tickets now fully cancelled with 100% of points put back into your account
Old Nov 11, 2020, 6:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
As long as Flight Reward is booked prior to December 31, 2020, you will be able to change or cancel it free of charge, even in 2021!
AC / AP policy change, live
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap
AC / AP policy change, live
This is fantastic if that is the case. Speculative bookings for 2021 here we come!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.