Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by codfather
Was it busy up there tonight? It’s usually a little busy prior to the YYZ/YUL flights.
Not too crazy. I'd say 40% full

loads to YYZ tonight are light
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev
Any updates on this now that we're in March?
I was hoping someone else could provide that! Have a flight out of YYZ on the 6th but given no announcement yet, not looking great for me
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
I am making the assumption the answer is "I'm s*** out of luck" - but wanted to see if there was any alternatives FTers could think of...
  1. I'm still Aeroplan 35k - I'm 2 SQS and $700 SQD short of of having 50k status, which would give me MLL Lounge on arrivals. I have a round-trip booked this Sunday/Monday that will get me to that threshold (assuming it posts by Wednesday)
  2. Looking at the Jump Start promo - I have two flights I'm waiting for bonuses on - if those came thru today (I'm assuming none will) - I would have the SQS but be ~$100 SQD short
...I was hoping for arrival lounge access at YVR on Sunday when I land - I need a location to work for 2-3 hours before leaving the airport - the alternative is travelling to my office and dealing with after-hours security etc., then commuting to where I will be spending the night. Not end of the world, just will add 1.5h-2h to my day I could avoid if I could park at MLL and put on some noise cancellation headphones.

I do have MLL one-time passes if they were of help, and I do have Plaza Premium access thru my Amex - my boarding pass will be same day for coming into YVR. I will also have my Monday Boarding Pass leaving YVR, but it won't be same day.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
I am making the assumption the answer is "I'm s*** out of luck" - but wanted to see if there was any alternatives FTers could think of...
  1. I'm still Aeroplan 35k - I'm 2 SQS and $700 SQD short of of having 50k status, which would give me MLL Lounge on arrivals. I have a round-trip booked this Sunday/Monday that will get me to that threshold (assuming it posts by Wednesday)
  2. Looking at the Jump Start promo - I have two flights I'm waiting for bonuses on - if those came thru today (I'm assuming none will) - I would have the SQS but be ~$100 SQD short
...I was hoping for arrival lounge access at YVR on Sunday when I land - I need a location to work for 2-3 hours before leaving the airport - the alternative is travelling to my office and dealing with after-hours security etc., then commuting to where I will be spending the night. Not end of the world, just will add 1.5h-2h to my day I could avoid if I could park at MLL and put on some noise cancellation headphones.

I do have MLL one-time passes if they were of help, and I do have Plaza Premium access thru my Amex - my boarding pass will be same day for coming into YVR. I will also have my Monday Boarding Pass leaving YVR, but it won't be same day.
Short of buying another departing ticket… Plaza Premium is your only sanctioned option as you will have a same day boarding pass which is all they require; doesn’t need to be outbound .
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Agree with the (seeming) consensus here that YVR might have the best MLL food offerings in Canada right now.

Just had some Thai chicken wrap, quinoa, and pickled cauliflower salad from the grab-and-go station and found them better than what is offered at YYZ.
Happy to report that the Thai chicken wrap, quinoa, and pickled cauliflower salad have found themselves to YYZ Int'l. I approve.

In case anyone else happens to be traveling today, I'll be here until AC856 boards around 7:45pm.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:45 pm

Haven't really paid attention before but were these signs always on the doors of the YYZ Int'l showers since the lounge reopened after the initial lockdown?

In any case, seems like AC is rather invested in not returning to normal for a while...
Old Mar 5, 2022, 3:42 pm

At YVR TB yesterday, I inquired about showers (to measure progress towards normalcy) and was told no they were still closed. At one point, I did see the "closed for cleaning" sign that was barring the washroom entrance barring the showers instead. I am not sure why a facility that was closed would need to be closed for cleaning...
Old Mar 5, 2022, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
At YVR TB yesterday, I inquired about showers (to measure progress towards normalcy) and was told no they were still closed. At one point, I did see the "closed for cleaning" sign that was barring the washroom entrance barring the showers instead. I am not sure why a facility that was closed would need to be closed for cleaning...
The showers still need maintenance. Just because it isn't in use doesn't mean it's in a frozen state. Toilets still need to be periodically flushed, sinks and showers need water run through them every so often. Just because they're not being used doesn't mean they don't need to be maintained.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis

Marinated Califlower Salad from the Takeaway Fridge

How was this? I never bothered trying it.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I like it. Had it at YVR and YYZ this past week. But I like the quinoa salad even better and have also mixed the two together.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
The showers still need maintenance. Just because it isn't in use doesn't mean it's in a frozen state. Toilets still need to be periodically flushed, sinks and showers need water run through them every so often. Just because they're not being used doesn't mean they don't need to be maintained.
True enough. Although I wouldn't have put up a closed sign on a door to something that was supposed to be closed.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
True enough. Although I wouldn't have put up a closed sign on a door to something that was supposed to be closed.
Yes and no. I find it's good practice to keep a routine on repetitive stuff. Then when things go back to normal, it's not an issue. The one time you don't do it, something wrong is going to happen... like a person who feels that the rules don't apply to them will go in and use the washrooms anyway. Not saying it'll happen, but you get into the habit of forgetting to put the "barrier" and it will.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I like it. Had it at YVR and YYZ this past week. But I like the quinoa salad even better and have also mixed the two together.
I liked it too, it had just enough vinegar to make it sour, then the olive to balance it out
The raw onion bits turn off some folks though...
If they can throw in a cherry tomato or two in there, it would be perfect.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by WGretzky
Anyone been to YUL TB recently in the early morning ? Have a 8am departure coming up in a week or so - wondering What the hot selection is like
any updates on this? Thx
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
YYZ domestic ordering down since Friday

The wifi in the domestic YYZ lounge is down and it is impacting the ordering. My husband flew out on Friday afternoon and it was down then and was still out this morning.

They were taking hot food orders at the bar but people had to know their table number for it to work. They were notifying people on the way in, but didn’t say anything about knowing your table number so people were having to go back and find. At my suggestion they made an announcement and started notifying people properly on the way in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.