Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Ok just saw the highlight reels of VGK SJ Gm7... insane.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Jays games are generally inconsequential at this time since it's the start of the season.

And of course Raps didn't lose
Yeah, the busyness was mostly not the Jays given that game didn't even end until whenever it was. But there were a lot of people anyway and it didn't lower the volume on the train much when they lost lol.

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
In honour of becoming a parent for the 7th time as I am expected to do later today (planned induction), I thought I'd start a weekly segment here in the lounge so that I may share my vast parenting experience with you fabulous people.
Hope it goes/went well. You should get some sort of frequent flyer badge after 7 visits
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Tomorrow is Vlady Jr. Day. Exciting.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tuned out of the canes caps Gm7 in P2 thinking caps were probably going to win.
Of course canes comeback to win in 2OT. Nuts. These playoffs are more shocktastic than ones in recent memory.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
These playoffs are more shocktastic than ones in recent memory.
Indeed they are. I wasn't a big fan of the format change, but you can't deny that the Blue Jackets were better all around than the Lightening. A Canadian team (or two) in the second round would be nice, but at least the leafs were send packing.

I'm cheering for the Senators diaspora at this point
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
There's a restaurant around the corner from me. The item I want is $12.99 to order for pickup. It's $10.49 through Amazon, for delivery. The result is that if I'm ordering for 2+ people, it's several dollars cheaper for delivery than to walk and pick it up, even after the delivery fee and tip. For just me, it's about even. Sigh.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Go raps and jays!
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Man the Raps game 1 yesterday was awesome even with the bench being dead. Leonard and Siakam combined for 74 points and Phila were downcast by the end - no answer to the Claw.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Jays clawed there way up to .500 ball today. Good stuff especially for a team that is mostly 20-something kids.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
There's a restaurant around the corner from me. The item I want is $12.99 to order for pickup. It's $10.49 through Amazon, for delivery. The result is that if I'm ordering for 2+ people, it's several dollars cheaper for delivery than to walk and pick it up, even after the delivery fee and tip. For just me, it's about even. Sigh.
They will make it up in volume. Did they have a superbowl ad?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smallmj
Jays clawed there way up to .500 ball today. Good stuff especially for a team that is mostly 20-something kids.
Their bats are certainly getting hotter, especially compared to their no hit ball for 75% of their first couple of series!
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gm2 raps stinking big time
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Was courtside for Saturday's Raptors game after watching the Jays win 7-1 from the TD box or whatever club thing... fell asleep half way through... waste of a seat on me I think. How does one gain an interest for sports like these?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I learned Weeping Willow by Joplin yesterday. Dainty piece.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gm2 raps stinking big time
Ok, not as stinking but still behind six after Q3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.