Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Today I practiced some piano.
I mean, we're talkin' about practice. Practice!
Old May 7, 2019, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Today I practiced some piano.
I mean, we're talkin' about practice. Practice!
What a Raptor beat down. ^
Old May 7, 2019, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcook052
Hope they can carry that over to practice land for Gm6.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:18 pm

Hope they can carry that over to practice land for Gm6.
Maybe Raps have "the answer".
Old May 8, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fiers 2nd no-no
Blues 2OT
Jays shutout in consecutive games by TC.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
I made it through the first OT period in the blues game... decided I'd watch 5 minutes of the second if I had everything ready to go for my flight this morning.

I made it upstairs and my friend texted me "woohoo!"... I missed the win by like... a minute of play?
Old May 8, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tcook052
That was a complete dominating game from the Raps. Crowned with the Leonard dunk over Embid and the fans/Drake mocking Embid with the airplane
tcook052 likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
That was a complete dominating game from the Raps. Crowned with the Leonard dunk over Embid and the fans/Drake mocking Embid with the airplane
Big test for this Raps team is if they have that killer instinct and can dispose of the 76ers in 6.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Pro Parenting Tips from WTME - 3rd Installment

When your almost teenage daughter asks how great she sounds playing the tenor sax she has practiced for at least 12 hours of her life, she does not actually want an honest answer nor does she want any helpful tips. One should liken this question to your spouse asking "how do I look in this outfit?"

She'll stop crying eventually and then we can all go along blissfully ignoring the dying goose in the basement.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
When your almost teenage daughter asks how great she sounds playing the tenor sax she has practiced for at least 12 hours of her life, she does not actually want an honest answer nor does she want any helpful tips. One should liken this question to your spouse asking "how do I look in this outfit?"

She'll stop crying eventually and then we can all go along blissfully ignoring the dying goose in the basement.
Just wait until she sees this post
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS

See what happens when you think a minute and suggest that a pad may be leaking.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
[left @24left and yyznomad return to the east
it was fun on the island, especially with the main feast
The trip was short
With MLL food to snort
Their final flight of the weekend was on a 773, what a beast!

Shout out to:
Femalemeow, dayAccipitridae, YJA, brightrunway, 06R, newspaper, newspaperwife, hotelguy, and somaticguy.
[/left]
Oh? Seems like I just missed you two... I'm also on island time regularly, with lovely views of the parliament building.

One of the GPs on my recent flight out west has actually met @24left!
Old May 8, 2019, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Oh? Seems like I just missed you two... I'm also on island time regularly, with lovely views of the parliament building.

One of the GPs on my recent flight out west has actually met @24left!
GPs as a family doc? How did you get talking to this person and then about FT?
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
One should liken this question to your spouse asking "how do I look in this outfit”.
I was told the correct answer to this is “you look great in anything”.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jc94

I was told the correct answer to this is “you look great in anything”.
14 years and 7 kids. I must be answering questions correctly.
jc94 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.