Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jc94

Pillar?
Yes. Superman with the highlight reel diving catches
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Pillar?
Yup. Kinda sad to see the Jays dismantling what had been a really good team. What're the chances of them being anything better than a .500 team this season?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by vernonc
Yes. Superman with the highlight reel diving catches
Originally Posted by tcook052
Yup. Kinda sad to see the Jays dismantling what had been a really good team. What're the chances of them being anything better than a .500 team this season?
Watching the brief candid SN interview (not press conference), you could feel how genuinely gutted he was... I can't remember the last time I saw a traded fan-favourite (any of the four major pro leagues) or star and IMHO felt it was actually genuine.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Watching the brief candid SN interview (not press conference), you could feel how genuinely gutted he was... I can't remember the last time I saw a traded fan-favourite (any of the four major pro leagues) or star and IMHO felt it was actually genuine.
Not even DeMar?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcook052
Not even DeMar?
Well, I didn't see the clips of that yet.
Didn't get a chance to when it happened but I guess I'll check it out later today.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Wow. I got a sports reference on FT. Its all over
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. I got a sports reference on FT. Its all over
Fly Once To See Sports Guy/Game
tcook052, jc94 and smallmj like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

habs hanging in there
buds suck
jays suck (yeah a few games in but whatever)
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
habs hanging in there
buds suck
jays suck (yeah a few games in but whatever)
Watched the Habs game in a packed bar in Montreal tonight. Usually cheer against them but you can't deny the atmosphere is great when the games are so meaningful.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Keeping a close eye on EPL too. Shaping up to be a eventful end of season. With top place still too close to call.
And a battle for 3rd and 4th place Champions league qualification with at least 4/5 teams still in the mix. MU lost yesterday. Hopefully Chelsea follows suit today :-)
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Why do they put the tray with the ice cream stacked on top of the tray of steaming hot food? Le sigh.

Yeah, I'm eating ice cream. No, I don't need it and no, I most certainly did not earn it.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RangerNS
At the most basic level, it allows you to have a full stopover in both Europe and Asia at the basic Asia points level, originating in North America. While Berlin and Amsterdam are both fun, they're also both "similar". Why not do Berlin and Hong Kong instead?
ffsim and canopus27 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

rip Habs 2019
rip buds first round 2019
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just finished my first week of work.

I concluded the day with a decent dinner, a decent bottle of Champagne that no one except me liked. A very fancy bottle of Dom that everyone liked. And then a decent bottle of Champagne, but everyone was drunk enough to not care.

And then I played one last board game.

I actually think my new job will allow much more remote work (i.e. a big RTW with 40 hours of work per week from wherever I am), which will be awesome.

Though I'm still growing accustomed to BART. People are crazy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.