Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Stop Security

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:33 am
alc

I assumed this is because of One Stop Security that was implemented at YUL, if it is, maybe we should merge this to the existing thread:

One Stop Security

I have yet to try this myself, but an upcoming EYW trip should be able to experience this now.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
If only YYZ could do something similar....
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
First time I have used it - Took less than two minutes to go through special immigration/customs line and into domestic terminal 😀✈️😀!!!
Agreed, it's fantastic when you get to use it.

Used it connecting to YVR from NCE in June, and was very fast and allowed me to make a very tight connection (less than a minute to get through with Nexus).

Thought I would get to use it coming back from PUJ in July, but was sent (along with seemingly the entire plane) through regular customs, baggage claim, secondary inspection (must have been looking for something), and back through domestic security.

Comparing the two a couple of weeks apart, it makes you appreciate the new OSS at YUL.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sometimes they kind of do. But it's not quite as permanent as at YUL. Although I also expect YUL to move to a more permanent location.

The one issue with both is that there are no Nexus machines for OSS.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
YUL's expansion was designed for this, while YYZ with the hammerheads was not.

That said, while it is great when you fly in on a domestic flight, you could be in for a VERY long walk to get to baggage claim as it is one long corridor.

Pros and Cons
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
YYC OSS process was also easy. My flight from the US landed a few minutes after the printed boarding time printed on my YYZ-bound flight.

Cleared passport checks, a YYC volunteer opened a side door which brought me to an escalator, then I ran up, and over to the Domestic-INTL connector, and made it while Zone 4 was boarding.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by willflyforfood
Amazing as it may sound, the one thing that has constantly improved here in Montreal over the past 10 years is the experience of flying from, into, or through PET/YUL. In a city where literally everything is broken or in the process of being rebuilt, the airport is actually ten times the joy to travel through as it was a scant few years ago.
Agreed. I live just south of the border but I have started purposely flying out of YUL. The airport isn't much to look at from the outside, and the highway construction on Route 20 is horrible, but once you pass through the doors I have no complaints.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Agreed, it's fantastic when you get to use it.

Used it connecting to YVR from NCE in June, and was very fast and allowed me to make a very tight connection (less than a minute to get through with Nexus).

Thought I would get to use it coming back from PUJ in July, but was sent (along with seemingly the entire plane) through regular customs, baggage claim, secondary inspection (must have been looking for something), and back through domestic security.

Comparing the two a couple of weeks apart, it makes you appreciate the new OSS at YUL.
In June they had OSS and in July they stopped? I can confirm that in July it was a hell hole trying to connect to Ottawa. Or did I missed a turn? I used Nexus.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
In June they had OSS and in July they stopped? I can confirm that in July it was a hell hole trying to connect to Ottawa. Or did I missed a turn? I used Nexus.
If you used Nexus you definitely made a wrong turn. You went right at the bottom of the stairs instead of left to the Canada/International connection lanes.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
No, in June I was connecting from NCE (EU) and in July from PUJ. I guess PUJ is not included for OSS at YUL. That or because of something on the flight, everyone had to go through baggage & secondary inspection.

The person scanning BPs after customs did say "Oh, PUJ. We've been waiting for you. This way."
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm flying SFO-YVR-YEG tomorrow. What can I expect?

Do I need to reclear security? If so, I might as well just use the NEXUS machines. If not, where do I go?

I've seen them hand out little things to people with connections before, but I don't know what you gain from it.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Do I need to reclear security? If so, I might as well just use the NEXUS machines. If not, where do I go?

I've seen them hand out little things to people with connections before, but I don't know what you gain from it.
At YVR, aren't those things for international -> US and vice versa?

For USA -> Canada, I think you clear immigration (Nexus) and then head to the AC connections desk at the back right, near the washrooms.

Haven't you done this before going to YYJ etc?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: AC SE
OSS didn't work for me yesterday in YUL. I flew in from MUC and was directed down to the baggage hall and had to go back to departure level to pass security. Not sure why.

I did get to see the the new CBSA counters for connections though. Looks like there is a lane for Nexus now. I didn't try it because I was carrying some food items though.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by jasdou
OSS didn't work for me yesterday in YUL. I flew in from MUC and was directed down to the baggage hall and had to go back to departure level to pass security. Not sure why.

I did get to see the the new CBSA counters for connections though. Looks like there is a lane for Nexus now. I didn't try it because I was carrying some food items though.
Yes, happened to me once because connecting flight was cancelled...
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Use Nexus.

The "Quick Connect" on the right side will eventually allow you to bypass security, but for now, it just puts you down a glass hallways that eventually exits into baggage claim, so you're no further ahead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.