Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Stop Security

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by wsommerv
That's not really any different than any other airport in Canada with the traditional mixed domestic/international terminal.
By what definition have they left Canada?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
The OSS area at YYZ has been totally reconfigured now. There are many more counters and pax from UK/EU are also eligible.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by D582
The OSS area at YYZ has been totally reconfigured now. There are many more counters and pax from UK/EU are also eligible.
Good to know. Still have to take a bus?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by run&fly
Good to know. Still have to take a bus?
And still no Nexus machines?
canadiancow and OSSYULYYZ like this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by ridefar

And still no Nexus machines?
Yes, but a lot more officers. ~8 desks now I think.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by rehoult
IIRC before the upgrade, there were 3. Interested in how it looks now... Any pictures?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

About a month ago, line looked horrible so going to the nexus machines and then through domestic was clearly faster.

I am sure it depends on the time of the day though. Or, if one has someting to declare/deal with, in which case Nexus takes you to secondary for obviously acceptble stuff that requires declaring.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Two weeks ago my son and I were coming back from the Jays game in Detroit experienced OSS in YYZ for the very first time. On the Detroit to YYZ flight we did not fill out the customs card as we use NEXUS. we saw the OSS area and jumped in and then sent right out to fill in the customs card, 30 seconds later as i simply scribbled (made no sense at all, just big $0) and showed our passport and we were waived in. Took the bus, passed the two Signature Service Black Cars parked on the side, thy looked very unused, lol. We only had a couple of Canada Customs desks, it was unorganized and very confusing.

BUT I finally experienced OSS in YYZ. If they got there act together, used people who can speak and understand either French or English or simply have NEXUS machines there then it would be a great experience,
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Two weeks ago my son and I were coming back from the Jays game in Detroit experienced OSS in YYZ for the very first time. On the Detroit to YYZ flight we did not fill out the customs card as we use NEXUS. we saw the OSS area and jumped in and then sent right out to fill in the customs card, 30 seconds later as i simply scribbled (made no sense at all, just big $0) and showed our passport and we were waived in. Took the bus, passed the two Signature Service Black Cars parked on the side, thy looked very unused, lol. We only had a couple of Canada Customs desks, it was unorganized and very confusing.

BUT I finally experienced OSS in YYZ. If they got there act together, used people who can speak and understand either French or English or simply have NEXUS machines there then it would be a great experience,
This.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
YUL has NEXUS machines. Not a lot, 3 or 4 I believe but it is nonetheless a great addition to the OSS process. Hopefully YYZ will have some NEXUS machines in the near future.
jasdou likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by D582
Finally! Two years after starting this thread and having OSS printed on my boarding passes for so many flights, i had my first Europe-to-domestic transfer without needing to go through security a second time. I was on a ZRH-FRA-YYZ-YOW journey yesterday, and it was great to go the OSS route. Very efficient - no line, about 15 seconds with the CBSA, and then the bus ride to domestic. ^
DNAwizard likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Finally! Two years after starting this thread and having OSS printed on my boarding passes for so many flights, i had my first Europe-to-domestic transfer without needing to go through security a second time. I was on a ZRH-FRA-YYZ-YOW journey yesterday, and it was great to go the OSS route. Very efficient - no line, about 15 seconds with the CBSA, and then the bus ride to domestic. ^
I arrived last night June 22 at around 8 pm. The re were 4 officers literally doing nothing when I arrived .I was with the officer for maybe 15 seconds as well and then a 10 minute wait in the bus until it left .
DNAwizard likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Speaking Chinese?

(I think when you write "yes," in fact you mean "no," right?)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AA, AC
OSS at YVR

Just connected from US thru YVR yesterday. Haven't done that for a while and was surprised to see OSS implemented. When did that happen?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by After Burner
Just connected from US thru YVR yesterday. Haven't done that for a while and was surprised to see OSS implemented. When did that happen?
July

Even though it requires a bus....it saves an incredible amount of time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.