Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Stop Security

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by YEG USER
It's been a long time since I've flown via YVR but today I'll be flying NRT-YVR-YEG. Does YVR have OSS? Debating whether to check my bag or not. If I check a bag would I have to reclaim in YVR?
The bag should be checked through, but you will still need to reclear security.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult
The bag should be checked through, but you will still need to reclear security.
Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
YYZ D gate connection purgatory?

Hey all,

came in from orlando headed to yeg- went through some new security system that bypassed the normal custom process.

now they directed us to an area waiting for a shuttle to d gate?

Been waiting 40 minutes
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:06 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This is called One Stop Security (there are a couple of threads on it here) and can actually be quite nice. Shocking that you would wait 40 minutes for the shuttle. I waited about 2 on Friday. My sample size is small, but I don't think I've waited more than 10 for it to leave.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
Update- so after one hour wait I went back upstairs to see that they had closed the ropes to d gate connections- so there was 30 of us in this holding area.

no one knew when the bus would show up. A Airport person showed up and got on the radio talking about how we got left behind and was going to have to take us through the concourse.

finally a bus showed up few minutes after he was on the phone.

lots of missed connections from that...
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Erome
Update- so after one hour wait I went back upstairs to see that they had closed the ropes to d gate connections- so there was 30 of us in this holding area.

no one knew when the bus would show up. A Airport person showed up and got on the radio talking about how we got left behind and was going to have to take us through the concourse.

finally a bus showed up few minutes after he was on the phone.

lots of missed connections from that...
Weird, when I have done it it has been quite pleasant and quick. Sounds like the airport is confused about what it is doing.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
1. Any updates on YVR? Got it on BPs for connecting through there tonight, but I assume based on posts above that it's unlikely to actually be available.

2. Has anyone else had issues getting OSS lately? I did a trip LGA-YYZ-YYC a few weeks ago where there was no OSS. The concierge at LGA said that initially the two flights weren't "linked", but even after she did that, no OSS. May have something to do with the fact it was an IRROPs re-booking. But a few days later, I was doing the same route (nothing funky this time) and OSS didn't appear on mobile BP. Fine when printed. Is that normal?

3. It seems that they've changed the route for the Cobus in YYZ so that it no longer goes all the way to the end of the pier and back. Saves a huge amount of time, makes OSS much more appealing. ^ for that!
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
YVR did not have it as late as last Monday.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
1. Any updates on YVR? Got it on BPs for connecting through there tonight, but I assume based on posts above that it's unlikely to actually be available.

2. Has anyone else had issues getting OSS lately? I did a trip LGA-YYZ-YYC a few weeks ago where there was no OSS. The concierge at LGA said that initially the two flights weren't "linked", but even after she did that, no OSS. May have something to do with the fact it was an IRROPs re-booking. But a few days later, I was doing the same route (nothing funky this time) and OSS didn't appear on mobile BP. Fine when printed. Is that normal?

3. It seems that they've changed the route for the Cobus in YYZ so that it no longer goes all the way to the end of the pier and back. Saves a huge amount of time, makes OSS much more appealing. ^ for that!
3. So what is the path that the Cobus takes now? Are there plans to offer a route on foot?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
I just came in GVA-YUL-YVR. . . Coming down into immigration at YUL there was at least 2,000 people in a massive set of lines. So - for me - first time through in a while, it a pleasant surprise to see the separate area for connections. There was no wait and I was seen by the agent right away after using the machine. I was even more surprised to then be deposited right out into the gate area close the MLL. I immediately figure this was OSS being implemented. What is interesting is that you do mingle with non-OSS passengers.Overall – it was seriously great that from wheels touchdown until being in the lounge by gate 2, it was literally around 30 minutes. That is pretty good. Bags got transferred and all went well. This is a pretty good setup for sure – I would really recommend it.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
I just came in GVA-YUL-YVR. . . Coming down into immigration at YUL there was at least 2,000 people in a massive set of lines. So - for me - first time through in a while, it a pleasant surprise to see the separate area for connections. There was no wait and I was seen by the agent right away after using the machine. I was even more surprised to then be deposited right out into the gate area close the MLL. I immediately figure this was OSS being implemented. What is interesting is that you do mingle with non-OSS passengers.Overall – it was seriously great that from wheels touchdown until being in the lounge by gate 2, it was literally around 30 minutes. That is pretty good. Bags got transferred and all went well. This is a pretty good setup for sure – I would really recommend it.
Done it several times in the past few months. Works perfectly well. Most often less than 20 minutes from touchdown to DOM MLL...
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
3. So what is the path that the Cobus takes now? Are there plans to offer a route on foot?
It takes the same route to start but instead of turning left to go all the way around the hammerhead and back, goes straight through the tunnel or whatever under the D pier and deposits you in the same place as before. Cuts out several minutes of useless driving.
jasdou likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:32 pm

this OSS setup at YYZ doesn't make sense. you have people who cleared canada customs going to domestic gates, mixing with outbound international passengers who are considered to have left Canada.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: AF Plat, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by mtomo
this OSS setup at YYZ doesn't make sense. you have people who cleared canada customs going to domestic gates, mixing with outbound international passengers who are considered to have left Canada.
That's not really any different than any other airport in Canada with the traditional mixed domestic/international terminal.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by run&fly
Done it several times in the past few months. Works perfectly well. Most often less than 20 minutes from touchdown to DOM MLL...
Coming from MUC and transferring to YYC. I then turn left for OSS, and then use the machine to scan the passport and the way I go. Do not use Nexus if I have candies. Is my understanding correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.