Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Asked to leave business class? Compensation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asked to leave business class? Compensation?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Don't need a passport until age 16. Kids over 2 travelling as a infant is a common problem. Parents love to lie about kids age to the save money.

While I'm sure there is more to this story, I doubt this is the issue - if this is a paid company relocation, this isn't about the parents trying to save money.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by mromalley
3 PAID business tickets - purchased by company for a overseas relocation

4 people travelling
1- Mom - Paid J seat
1- Dad - paid J seat
1 child 2+ - presumably over the age of 2- due to 3rd Paid J seat
1 child - lap infant presumably under the age of 2.
Are the seats in the cabin 2x2x2? Was there a non-family member seated next to either of the unruly children? Was a passenger physically being disrupted by one or both of the kids? For instance, the older child was in the passenger's space. Could relocating the family to the Economy meant both children could be seated directly next to a parent?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by martyYOW
Not having all the details, the only thing that makes sense is the suggestion by other posters that a child in a pod could not be controlled - getting up during turbulence, service, etc. My kids are older now, but I can see how it might have been challenging to keep them still in J. We always flew Y with them until they were older where we could keep them contained to our row (and stop them from kicking the seats in front of them).

Now that they are older, they appreciate J more anyway
Sure, I'll give you that possibility.

AC would not move a unruly drunken pax out of J. Instead, they would planned the plane somewhere and have him removed. Along with this, charges and the cost of landing the plane.
Depending on the severity, but yes, I agree with you.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Sant
Are the seats in the cabin 2x2x2? Was there a non-family member seated next to either of the unruly children? Was a passenger physically being disrupted by one or both of the kids? For instance, the older child was in the passenger's space. Could relocating the family to the Economy meant both children could be seated directly next to a parent?
in J on this flight? No, they are pods 1-1-1

Parents company paid for a J seat, and they did not receive the product that was paid for.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by martyYOW
While I'm sure there is more to this story, I doubt this is the issue - if this is a paid company relocation, this isn't about the parents trying to save money.
Unless they would only cover 3 J tickets.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rankourabu
There is no passport needed for a kid to fly to Japan until 16?
What are you smoking?
Sorry, brain fart. I got mix up.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Sorry, brain fart. I got mix up.
I just got an image of a 15yr old trying to sit on a parent lap to save money.
Parent: I swear he is 1.5!!!!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: AP SPG HH
If there is the possibility of a child not being under control or safe in a pod why would AC sell a ticket to said child? Would you not think all kids,say under 8, would be safer in a regular seat with at least one parent sitting beside them??? The 767 out of YYC has classic pods. I still think this is AC's problem and rules should be in place before hand (and consequences explained at time of purchase).
Kids do require passports to travel http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/child/ So we know the second kid was less than 2 if AC did their job.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Northern Canuck
If there is the possibility of a child not being under control or safe in a pod why would AC sell a ticket to said child? Would you not think all kids,say under 8, would be safer in a regular seat with at least one parent sitting beside them??? The 767 out of YYC has classic pods. I still think this is AC's problem and rules should be in place before hand (and consequences explained at time of purchase).
Kids do require passports to travel http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/child/ So we know the second kid was less than 2 if AC did their job.
Agreed. Plus lets not forget that the pod seatbelts have airbags, so I do agree that AC should have never even sold a ticket to the child.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
I need to try this next time!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Sant
Are the seats in the cabin 2x2x2?....
Apparently you missed this

Originally Posted by 24left
The YYC-NRT runs a 763, so we know the seating set-up.....

Originally Posted by mromalley
in J on this flight? No, they are pods 1-1-1

Parents company paid for a J seat, and they did not receive the product that was paid for.
and thanks
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by 24left
Apparently you missed this
...and you missed that San't "home" carrier is american - so 2-2-2 would be his expectation on a non-renovated 763.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
the part i'm not understanding is why all four family members were banished to Y. I can envision the FA asking one parent to go back to Y with the child until they calmed down. Infants cry, but not sure I understand why a child over two years old would be crying at all - let a lone for so long as to invite action from the FA.

As others have said, I'd like to hear the full story from all perspectives.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by The Lev
...and you missed that San't "home" carrier is american - so 2-2-2 would be his expectation on a non-renovated 763.
Yup. Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Well, if she is over 18, she can sit on my lap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.