Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
As per the thread title "discussion" I've been noticing a large number of pax (compared to other routes) taking the LMU on the flights to DEL from YYZ leaving no upgrades available by the time it goes to gate. (does not impact me personally but I have noticed!)
Well that sucks, my summer trip back to Canada I was going to spend a weekend in Delhi then take AC back and hope to upgrade... What about the PY seats? Easy to upgrade on that route?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Well that sucks, my summer trip back to Canada I was going to spend a weekend in Delhi then take AC back and hope to upgrade... What about the PY seats? Easy to upgrade on that route?
I've never really checked what that looks like. But I will say that J and PY do go out full every time I'm on the flight.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'm on EWR-YVR, Tango fare and paid to select row 14. Will I see the offer at check in? Is any credit given to already paying to upgrade into those seats, even if not technically PY? I could justify $350-400 for that upgrade...is that a reasonable expectation of offer, or should I simply be happy with the PY quality row on 787?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by gold23
I'm on EWR-YVR, Tango fare and paid to select row 14. Will I see the offer at check in? Is any credit given to already paying to upgrade into those seats, even if not technically PY? I could justify $350-400 for that upgrade...is that a reasonable expectation of offer, or should I simply be happy with the PY quality row on 787?
There's no certainty that you will see the offer but if J isn't sold out, you usually will see somehting.

Credit will NOT be given if you do upgrade.

$350-$400 would be reasonable for the 787 but very unlikely...I've been seeing $600+ for YYC-YVR LOL!

I'd be content with PY on that route
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
LMU for LAX-YYZ the other day was $499 USD, PLUS taxes.

Also received bid offer for the outbound and noticed the lowest the dial would go was $550 CAD
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by 24left
LMU for LAX-YYZ the other day was $499 USD, PLUS taxes.

Also received bid offer for the outbound and noticed the lowest the dial would go was $550 CAD
Was this on the 787, 767 or narrowbody?

I know I fly AC much less than the SE's here, but I have still never received an opportunity to bid for a flight. LMU's have been crazy on every route except YYC-YWG, which is never full on the CRA's up front.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Was this on the 787, 767 or narrowbody?

I know I fly AC much less than the SE's here, but I have still never received an opportunity to bid for a flight. LMU's have been crazy on every route except YYC-YWG, which is never full on the CRA's up front.
As I mentioned in 2 other threads, 789 both directions
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
There's no certainty that you will see the offer but if J isn't sold out, you usually will see somehting.

Credit will NOT be given if you do upgrade.

$350-$400 would be reasonable for the 787 but very unlikely...I've been seeing $600+ for YYC-YVR LOL!

I'd be content with PY on that route
Thanks. J is showing 6 right now, so we'll see. Sounds like I'll likely pass on an offer, but since that flight is often delayed I wouldn't mind the opportunity to get a little sleep in on the way....Going to try to ski next morning in Whistler.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:14 am

One last question.... If irrops occur, what happens to my LMU if I purchased? Am I considered a full fledged J passenger, or do I receive a refund and get kicked back into Y?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:57 am

LMU offer YUL to CUN at OLCI March 11th.

Offered Y to J (rouge) for $274. Declined, we have preferred seats and J ain't that special with rouge.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
One last question.... If irrops occur, what happens to my LMU if I purchased? Am I considered a full fledged J passenger, or do I receive a refund and get kicked back into Y?
Well you aren't J as you don't get the extra miles and the like. Based on my experience with IRROPs and a preferred seat, you may have to request that refund. I will say that with eUps the preferred seat refunds are immediate, but I'm not confident with other upgrade options.

I do wonder what happens if you purchase an LMU to a flat bed J and then IRROPs kicks you into a standard domestic one. I've only had that happen to me in paid J though, but the flat beds tend to be higher $.

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit

Offered Y to J (rouge) for $274. Declined, we have preferred seats and J ain't that special with rouge.
PR isn't that great, the upgrades are more about avoiding Rouge Y.

Last edited by jc94; Mar 10, 2017 at 7:16 am
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
While you're not a full-fledged J pax (as other have noted, you don't get COS bonus miles, etc) but a good rule of thumb to remember is "seated in J, protected in J." And this has always been my experience, up to and including less than a month ago.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Maybe try and route via BOM (new route) or DXB. May be a little more successful though others may have more accurate feedback. My feedback was based on it being easier to get AE via DXB and BOM route starts from 01 Jul so no idea how this will be when it launches. If you give me your approx dates I can check R space but it is prob very early to check with any level of accuracy
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Bogwoppit

$274 is extremely reasonable for a 4.5h flight.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by ffsim
While you're not a full-fledged J pax (as other have noted, you don't get COS bonus miles, etc) but a good rule of thumb to remember is "seated in J, protected in J." And this has always been my experience, up to and including less than a month ago.
Fair point, I was rebooked into D on a flex G eUp under IRROPs. which was definitely incorrect though, so the only guaranteed concistency is that AC will be inconsistent 😵

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.