Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions

Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
It was my daughter's first J flight and she cried and vomited. Good times .
I know that feel

Last edited by quantumofforce; Jun 24, 2016 at 2:18 pm
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
So if LMU are market based, they are not based on fare paid or class of ticket.
On another note, has anyone had success in calling in recently and paying to upgrade their fare class from Tango to Flex, etc ? AC res agent said no, go to your TA but I have done this in the past. I am trying to give them more money for the same flight.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by vernonc
On another note, has anyone had success in calling in recently and paying to upgrade their fare class from Tango to Flex, etc ? AC res agent said no, go to your TA but I have done this in the past. I am trying to give them more money for the same flight.
I've done this quite a few times with no issues, maybe HUCA, although maybe the problem with buying up is related to it being a TA booking.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
I'm my own TA, so I just book what I can get reimbursed for, then cancel within 24h and book what I actually want (in those cases where this makes sense for me.)

If you're not your own TA I'm not sure what you can do.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I tried to eUp daughter at airport. Forgot it was a Tango fare I booked online. If you bought direct from AC, you can likely do that. If through TA, not sure.
(Actually, I did not even ask, but when explaining why eUp was not available, the agent proactively offered me to pay the Tango-Flex difference on the day of travel, so I could, but it wasn't worth the $ to me. Moved her into my vacated Preferred Y seat and I sat in J.)
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by mountaingrl
I've done this quite a few times with no issues, maybe HUCA, although maybe the problem with buying up is related to it being a TA booking.
I usually have to HUCA this as well
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Like others, I've been able to do this by calling AC in the past, but I've never booked using a TA... how did it work out for you in the end?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Haven't been keeping up w LMU prices but I found this hard to believe ... friend of mine was on HKGYYZ AC16. His ticket was booked on AVION points.
At checkin he inquired about UG and was told $1,500.
He jumped on it.
Seems far too low, but he talked about the TG lounge in HKG that he, otherwise, would not have access to.
$100/hr from Y > Intl J is unreal.
Plan to LMU for two on 7/9 on AC16 HKG-YYZ. Anyone here knows what the J seat situation is? I'm short of eUp credits so can't eUP tomorrow in the T-7 window.

Thanks!
GT
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gtpdiddy
Plan to LMU for two on 7/9 on AC16 HKG-YYZ. Anyone here knows what the J seat situation is? I'm short of eUp credits so can't eUP tomorrow in the T-7 window.

Thanks!
GT
J9P6R0. I'd say you have decent odds. Let us know how it goes.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jvyeg
Does anyone know (on average) whats the cost of a LMU yvr - las? i'm flying yeg-yvr-las. I'm flying in 2 weeks. Will report back my findings.

Thank you.
It's usually around $125-$150/hour. Sometimes it's egregious but I would bank on this.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
J9P6R0. I'd say you have decent odds. Let us know how it goes.
Thank you for the info. Yes I tried at T-7 and no R space available for for eUp; would've been waitlisted. Got offered by HKG concierge at T-5 for buy-up LMU for HKG$6500/pax, gladly accepted since by conversion it's CAD$1080 and USD$837. No brainer for me since I'm on my anniversary & honeymoon trip!
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Thank you for the info. Yes I tried at T-7 and no R space available for for eUp; would've been waitlisted. Got offered by HKG concierge at T-5 for buy-up LMU for HKG$6500/pax, gladly accepted since by conversion it's CAD$1080 and USD$837. No brainer for me since I'm on my anniversary & honeymoon trip!
Did the concierge call you 5 days prior to upsell you? Or you inquired?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Did the concierge call you 5 days prior to upsell you? Or you inquired?
No, when we landed at HKG >1 week ago I asked local Concierge about buy-up and she said she'll reach out to us prior to departure if available, so I inquired well before the T-7 window. I suggest this could be an opportunity to get notified of buy-up if available and if you're interested, although I admit that's probably b/c I'm SE and requested greeting by the concierge that she was able to provide me with such a consideration.

GT
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ffsim
Like others, I've been able to do this by calling AC in the past, but I've never booked using a TA... how did it work out for you in the end?
No luck. Tried two agents on the phone. Could have tried at the airport when under gate control but it was likely too late and not sure if moving to higher fare would allow me to jump the eupg queue. Spent some time in the Amex lounge testing some cocktails instead. I have a lot of flights this year so the eupg will be useful sometime soon, perhaps as early as next week.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
No, when we landed at HKG >1 week ago I asked local Concierge about buy-up and she said she'll reach out to us prior to departure if available, so I inquired well before the T-7 window. I suggest this could be an opportunity to get notified of buy-up if available and if you're interested, although I admit that's probably b/c I'm SE and requested greeting by the concierge that she was able to provide me with such a consideration.

GT
Makes sense. As an SE was never offered an LMU by the system I guess to encourage burning eUps. I've bought an LMU via the concierge, but that was only because a regular agent yelled at me for asking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.