Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Access to the Montreal (YUL) International Maple Leaf Lounge™ (MLL)

Latest news, as per The Altitude Report, "October Edition", sent on November 1, 2017:

Our Montreal International Maple Leaf Lounge™ next to Gate 52 offers a peaceful, sophisticated place to relax before taking flight. As a friendly reminder, eligible customers who are departing on an international flight may access the lounge, regardless of the departure gate. Those departing on a domestic flight may only access the international lounge if their departure gate is between 50 and 68. They can also access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge next to Gates 1 and 3.

An aside from yyznomad: (November 1, 2017)

From my own insider information, there was a recent meeting to discuss access to the YUL International MLL. It was to discuss access eligibility for domestic flights, due to overcrowding. I found this out due to an experience where I was flying out of Gate 50 on a domestic flight and was denied by both a lounge agent and a concierge seated next to him. After patiently waiting for them to reconfirm the rules, only upon my insistence, did they let me in. The agent vehemently advised that it was Gate 52 and higher and told me to talk to the concierge next to him. The concierge then asked the same agent what the rule was, and sided with the agent without verifying. Two days later, another agent apologized on their behalf for getting it wrong as it was still Gate 50 to 68. In any case, the rule still stands for gates 50-68.

Also, if you got in, but as an exception to the rules, then consider yourself simply as lucky.

So don't be afraid to stand your ground, with or without printed proof. So as long as you are eligible, stand your ground! You are most likely to get an agent who won't know the rules and wrongly turn you away.
Print Wikipost

YUL International MLL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smallmj
Is that auto-correct or too many rum and coke zeroes? (cod -> code)
Fixed. I blame auto-erect.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Wiki created so the same eligibility question doesn't get asked over and over...

I created a wiki.

Access to the Montreal (YUL) Maple Leaf Lounge™ (MLL)

Latest news, as per The Altitude Report, "October Edition", sent on November 1, 2017:

Our Montreal International Maple Leaf Lounge™ next to Gate 52 offers a peaceful, sophisticated place to relax before taking flight. As a friendly reminder, eligible customers who are departing on an international flight may access the lounge, regardless of the departure gate. Those departing on a domestic flight may only access the international lounge if their departure gate is between 50 and 68. They can also access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge next to Gates 1 and 3.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:39 pm

I got in recently, twice, after a YVR red-eye, heading to BOS.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I got in recently, twice, after a YVR red-eye, heading to BOS.
Yes, and several others got in based on exceptions to the rule, or misapplication of the rule.

Now it's formally communicated, but nevertheless, those who get in outside of the rules should simply consider themselves lucky.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yes, and several others got in based on exceptions to the rule, or misapplication of the rule.

Now it's formally communicated, but nevertheless, those who get in outside of the rules should simply consider themselves lucky.
What really sucks is coming from the US through OSS and then departing from gate 48. You exit customs right in front of the lounge but need to go for a 10 minute walk to the other lounge and then most of the way back again.

I explained this this to the agent but was told to go pound sand. I guess they feel SEs are too fat and need the exercise.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by 172pilot
What really sucks is coming from the US through OSS and then departing from gate 48. You exit customs right in front of the lounge but need to go for a 10 minute walk to the other lounge and then most of the way back again.

I explained this this to the agent but was told to go pound sand. I guess they feel SEs are too fat and need the exercise.
I had that experience a week ago.

I was not impressed.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 172pilot
Some of us are.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The crazy Hours of Operation calendar is OUT OF DATE

The crazy Hours of Operation calendar is OUT OF DATE on the website.

It currently only shows the calendar for June to September inclusive. No Calendar is listed for October to the end of the year.

They need to really streamline the hours even if there is a lull in international flights... it's all over the place.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Pics from early last week. I was there right before the PVG flight, between 12:00 and 13:30.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  203.2 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  141.5 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  121.7 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1235
Size:  136.7 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1242
Size:  187.7 KB

And, you can't visit this lounge and not have a few of the tasty (and unique!) cocktails at the bar, mixed expertly by the lovely Aurora.

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  153.6 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 1249
Size:  203.7 KB
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Pics from early last week. I was there right before the PVG flight, between 12:00 and 13:30.

And, you can't visit this lounge and not have a few of the tasty (and unique!) cocktails at the bar, mixed expertly by the lovely Aurora.
^^^

Indeed. Aurora is awesome. YUL international was fantastic.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:28 am

Seven Super Elites are currently in the MasterCard World Elite Lounge because of lounge access rules at YUL international.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Seven Super Elites are currently in the MasterCard World Elite Lounge because of lounge access rules at YUL international.
I am assuming they're not flying international on AC, right?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Maybe those seven SE's should band together and buy/lease their own private Jet, just imagine no more Lounge complaints, annoying security, nasty gate agents, wait times on connecting flights and on and on....
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
for the ULTRA Super Elite....https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/commo...iere_wijet.htm
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
From this morning's March Altitude Report:

".....enjoy the comforts of the Montreal International Maple Leaf LoungeTM, located next to Gate 52, when departing on an international flight. When departing on a domestic flight, access to the international lounge is available if your departure gate is 50 or higher. Effective immediately, lounge access is also available if you are connecting on the same day to an international Air Canada, Air Canada RougeŽ, or Star Alliance member airline operated flight in Calgary, Halifax, Ottawa, St John’s, Toronto (Pearson), or Vancouver. You can also access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge next to Gates 1 and 3."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.