YUL International MLL

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 14, 19, 2:52 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: yyznomad
Wiki Link
Access to the Montreal (YUL) International Maple Leaf Lounge™ (MLL)

Latest news, as per The Altitude Report, "October Edition", sent on November 1, 2017:

Our Montreal International Maple Leaf Lounge™ next to Gate 52 offers a peaceful, sophisticated place to relax before taking flight. As a friendly reminder, eligible customers who are departing on an international flight may access the lounge, regardless of the departure gate. Those departing on a domestic flight may only access the international lounge if their departure gate is between 50 and 68. They can also access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge next to Gates 1 and 3.

An aside from yyznomad: (November 1, 2017)

From my own insider information, there was a recent meeting to discuss access to the YUL International MLL. It was to discuss access eligibility for domestic flights, due to overcrowding. I found this out due to an experience where I was flying out of Gate 50 on a domestic flight and was denied by both a lounge agent and a concierge seated next to him. After patiently waiting for them to reconfirm the rules, only upon my insistence, did they let me in. The agent vehemently advised that it was Gate 52 and higher and told me to talk to the concierge next to him. The concierge then asked the same agent what the rule was, and sided with the agent without verifying. Two days later, another agent apologized on their behalf for getting it wrong as it was still Gate 50 to 68. In any case, the rule still stands for gates 50-68.

Also, if you got in, but as an exception to the rules, then consider yourself simply as lucky.

So don't be afraid to stand your ground, with or without printed proof. So as long as you are eligible, stand your ground! You are most likely to get an agent who won't know the rules and wrongly turn you away.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 16, 15, 5:02 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: YVR
Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Posts: 8,936
YUL International MLL

So I'm told that when some new space is ready at end of the int'l gates that the Int'l MLL is moving there temporarily so the current Int'l MLL can be renovated.

I was also told that the lower floor (to the immediate right of the entrance) where the new bartender service is located is to be renovated to become an SE only MLL! Apparently Calin refers to the room as the shoebox and AC got it rent free for some YUL screw ups. It will be the 1st of it's kind and will run as a test to see if further ones should be built.

The people telling me have apparently seen the mini-model of the entire concept. Slated to open fall 2015.
Dorian is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 5:12 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: YUL
Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Posts: 858
Interesting...We heard a few rumours couple months ago, did not think they would materialize.

Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
The people telling me have apparently seen the mini-model of the entire concept. Slated to open fall 2015.
Construction project? AC MLL? In Montreal? What could go wrong?
gabdusch is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 5:18 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Never home.
Posts: 2,958
Hmm, seems to me if they are going to a tiered lounge setup that the 2nd tier entry should be based on paid J-cabin, not SE. Or either/or (CX F lounge?). A spend-based Altitude program could achieve the same effect.
winnipegrev is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 5:37 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: YVR
Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Posts: 3,980
This is interesting, but then my follow up is, would it be SE+guest? UA 1k? etc etc.

If it were truly SE only I love the idea, I usually travel solo (admittedly I haven't been to YUL though so this is just hypothetical for me) so it would be cool to have a calmed down lounge.

Truth be told most times the lounges are ok, but sometimes they are just way too crowded and this would likely take care of that.

I think I'd like to see this at YYZ, like a First Class lounge but SE instead, problem is would it be domestic, intl, TB? Too bad they couldn't have a central one.
drvannostren is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 5:38 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 29,872
Originally Posted by drvannostren View Post
This is interesting, but then my follow up is, would it be SE+guest? UA 1k? etc etc.

If it were truly SE only I love the idea, I usually travel solo (admittedly I haven't been to YUL though so this is just hypothetical for me) so it would be cool to have a calmed down lounge.

Truth be told most times the lounges are ok, but sometimes they are just way too crowded and this would likely take care of that.

I think I'd like to see this at YYZ, like a First Class lounge but SE instead, problem is would it be domestic, intl, TB? Too bad they couldn't have a central one.
If you can't bring a guest it's not nearly as useful. I'm not sure why you'd think UA 1K would get in though
canadiancow is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 5:42 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: YVR
Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Posts: 8,936
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
If you can't bring a guest it's not nearly as useful. I'm not sure why you'd think UA 1K would get in though
It'll have to be + guest.

I'm in this space now. Just had the chicken stir fry they make per order, was quite good. When did all this pop up here? I've never seen an AC lounge have service like this...
Dorian is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 5:46 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Programs: AC
Posts: 1,592
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I heard they talked about it for some YYZ Domestic MLL renos as well. If executed could be nice, but overall, meh, just keep making the overall lounge nice and keep the staff being friendly in the MLL and on the planes and I'm happy.

Nicest ever was still on a Dash-8 flight were the FA handed me a bottle of water and wet wipe (since I was reading the paper). He said he kept a few sets around for any SEs on his flight, was a nice touch.
CdnFlier is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 5:50 pm
  #8  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Posts: 19,285
Since a few have asked about 1K's getting in, can a SE get into the United Global First lounges? (obviously if not flying GF)
superangrypenguin is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 5:51 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: YUL
Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Posts: 858
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I'm in this space now. Just had the chicken stir fry they make per order, was quite good. When did all this pop up here? I've never seen an AC lounge have service like this...
Agree. I was here twice in December and was really impressed by the improved food offerings.
gabdusch is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 6:30 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 247
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
It'll have to be + guest.

I'm in this space now. Just had the chicken stir fry they make per order, was quite good. When did all this pop up here? I've never seen an AC lounge have service like this...
Try the poutine - you ARE in montreal
YULforever is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 6:34 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: YOW
Posts: 1,021
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
So I'm told that when some new space is ready at end of the int'l gates that the Int'l MLL is moving there temporarily so the current Int'l MLL can be renovated.

I was also told that the lower floor (to the immediate right of the entrance) where the new bartender service is located is to be renovated to become an SE only MLL! Apparently Calin refers to the room as the shoebox and AC got it rent free for some YUL screw ups. It will be the 1st of it's kind and will run as a test to see if further ones should be built.

The people telling me have apparently seen the mini-model of the entire concept. Slated to open fall 2015.
mromalley is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 6:45 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: YVR
Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Posts: 8,936
Originally Posted by YULforever View Post
Try the poutine - you ARE in montreal
Lactose intollerant.
Dorian is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 6:53 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 29,872
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin View Post
Since a few have asked about 1K's getting in, can a SE get into the United Global First lounges? (obviously if not flying GF)
Can 1Ks get into a United GFL?

If so, it would be a nice reciprocal benefit. But I can't find anything about that on the GFL site.
canadiancow is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 6:55 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Posts: 1,252
They have poutine in the lounge? Or is it in the concessions? Is there a St. Hubert's nearby?
yqtyyz is offline  
Old Jan 16, 15, 6:57 pm
  #15  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Posts: 19,285
I remember in HKG, CX has two distinct lounges for its Business Class and First Class passengers. If you're One World top tier (SE equiv), can you get into the First Class lounge? I guess this would further add onto our resident cow's question of if you're 1K can you get into the GF lounge. Hmm. I know BR has their own top tier (SE equiv) lounge at TPE...not even J pax can get in.
superangrypenguin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread