Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Access to the Montreal (YUL) International Maple Leaf Lounge™ (MLL)

Latest news, as per The Altitude Report, "October Edition", sent on November 1, 2017:

Our Montreal International Maple Leaf Lounge™ next to Gate 52 offers a peaceful, sophisticated place to relax before taking flight. As a friendly reminder, eligible customers who are departing on an international flight may access the lounge, regardless of the departure gate. Those departing on a domestic flight may only access the international lounge if their departure gate is between 50 and 68. They can also access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge next to Gates 1 and 3.

An aside from yyznomad: (November 1, 2017)

From my own insider information, there was a recent meeting to discuss access to the YUL International MLL. It was to discuss access eligibility for domestic flights, due to overcrowding. I found this out due to an experience where I was flying out of Gate 50 on a domestic flight and was denied by both a lounge agent and a concierge seated next to him. After patiently waiting for them to reconfirm the rules, only upon my insistence, did they let me in. The agent vehemently advised that it was Gate 52 and higher and told me to talk to the concierge next to him. The concierge then asked the same agent what the rule was, and sided with the agent without verifying. Two days later, another agent apologized on their behalf for getting it wrong as it was still Gate 50 to 68. In any case, the rule still stands for gates 50-68.

Also, if you got in, but as an exception to the rules, then consider yourself simply as lucky.

So don't be afraid to stand your ground, with or without printed proof. So as long as you are eligible, stand your ground! You are most likely to get an agent who won't know the rules and wrongly turn you away.
Print Wikipost

YUL International MLL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perfect. I have a YUL/BGI flight next week Thursday
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Only the third item is new for an SE. Not sure if 75 or 50k flying domestic out of gates 50 and higher had the option previously.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Only the third item is new for an SE. Not sure if 75 or 50k flying domestic out of gates 50 and higher had the option previously.
Last year as E50K and E75K I used the option when flying to YVR from Gate 50 and higher.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC SE
Yes we did
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
By now you already know that E50 and E75 enjoyed the same privileges.

That being said, this bit is a welcome, genuine enhancement:

Effective immediately, lounge access is also available if you are connecting on the same day to an international Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge®, or Star Alliance member airline operated flight in Calgary, Halifax, Ottawa, St John’s, Toronto (Pearson), or Vancouver.
I like ^
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
There is a chance for my upcoming YUL-YHZ award flight, that the gate could be A50+. If so, then I'm gonna try getting access using my CIBC Aerogold Visa annual pass and will report
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
There is a chance for my upcoming YUL-YHZ award flight, that the gate could be A50+.
Unlikely as that route is operated by an A319 or E75, and that equipment is hardly ever parked at gates 50+.

If so, then I'm gonna try getting access using my CIBC Aerogold Visa annual pass and will report
You might've missed the part where it takes E50 or higher to access on domestic flights. Thankfully, getting into this particular lounge is a little more difficult than getting a priority phone number from the internet
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ffsim
Unlikely as that route is operated by an A319 or E75, and that equipment is hardly ever parked at gates 50+.
AC 688 YUL-YHZ today seems to be departing from gate A66, and AC7566 departed from gate A60 yesterday.

You might've missed the part where it takes E50 or higher to access on domestic flights. Thankfully, getting into this particular lounge is a little more difficult than getting a priority phone number from the internet
The rules mention that Business class travelers (regardless of status) are also eligible for the A50+ gate rule. But no mention about people using the Aeroplan credit card access. Worth trying..
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:30 pm

The rules mention that Business class travelers (regardless of status) are also eligible for the A50+ gate rule. But no mention about people using the Aeroplan credit card access. Worth trying..
If you're flying business class, you wouldn't need the "CIBC Aerogold Visa annual pass" you mentioned in your post.

There's no mention of the paper passes because those specifically mention that they're only valid at domestic and transborder lounges. This thread is about an international lounge. But hey, if you want to take the long walk of shame back to the domestic MLL, have at it.
24left likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:47 pm
Suspended

If you're flying business class, you wouldn't need the "CIBC Aerogold Visa annual pass" you mentioned in your post.

There's no mention of the paper passes because those specifically mention that they're only valid at domestic and transborder lounges. This thread is about an international lounge. But hey, if you want to take the long walk of shame back to the domestic MLL, have at it.
I'd rather go to the Desjardins Odyssey Lounge (gate 63) since I have an eligible Desjardins card, than go to the domestic MLL lounge.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)

Actually, I was wondering about the passes. Which are only technically not valid in lounges within the international zones. You can use a pass on an Intl flight out of YHZ/YYT just fine.

While AC state this lounge is international, why are domestic flights going out of there? At YYZ the zones are completely seperate, not the case in YUL? I mean if you land Intl at YUL you have to clear security again for a domestic flight.

Clearly I am not that familiar with YUL...
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
While AC state this lounge is international, why are domestic flights going out of there? At YYZ the zones are completely seperate, not the case in YUL? I mean if you land Intl at YUL you have to clear security again for a domestic flight.

The domestic and international terminal at YUL are one and the same. There's no security between domestic and international gates -- you can freely walk along the entire pier and you'll see both domestic and international departures.

Of course if you arrive in YUL from an international flight, you'll have to go through customs formalities. Depending on your origin, you may or may not have to go back through security.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: AC SE100k 1MM, HHD
YUL.YHZ from gate 60 2018 March 22

AC 688 YUL-YHZ today seems to be departing from gate A66, and AC7566 departed from gate A60 yesterday.

I frequently use YUL Int. MLL flying YUL.YYZ on 330 service, usually from a 50's gate very close to the lounge. On Thursday eve. this past week, I flew AC7566 (E175) from gate 60, so enjoyed a stir fry and perfect Manhattan, before the long walk to the gate.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: AC SE100k 1MM, HHD
Originally Posted by c3m5frssvt
I frequently use YUL Int. MLL flying YUL.YYZ on 330 service, usually from a 50's gate very close to the lounge. On Thursday eve. this past week, I flew AC7566 (E175) from gate 60, so enjoyed a stir fry and perfect Manhattan, before the long walk to the gate.
PS: I was sad to learn this visit that Aurora, the barkeep, had moved on. AC drafted her to train the staff at YVR Int. MLL after its make-over last fall.
She poured a mean perfect Manhattan.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94

Actually, I was wondering about the passes. Which are only technically not valid in lounges within the international zones. You can use a pass on an Intl flight out of YHZ/YYT just fine.

There are several reasons, but one is the domestic portion out of YUL is from an international inbound. Sometimes with the same flight number, sometimes not with the same flight number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.