Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Access to the Montreal (YUL) International Maple Leaf Lounge™ (MLL)

Latest news, as per The Altitude Report, "October Edition", sent on November 1, 2017:

Our Montreal International Maple Leaf Lounge™ next to Gate 52 offers a peaceful, sophisticated place to relax before taking flight. As a friendly reminder, eligible customers who are departing on an international flight may access the lounge, regardless of the departure gate. Those departing on a domestic flight may only access the international lounge if their departure gate is between 50 and 68. They can also access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge next to Gates 1 and 3.

An aside from yyznomad: (November 1, 2017)

From my own insider information, there was a recent meeting to discuss access to the YUL International MLL. It was to discuss access eligibility for domestic flights, due to overcrowding. I found this out due to an experience where I was flying out of Gate 50 on a domestic flight and was denied by both a lounge agent and a concierge seated next to him. After patiently waiting for them to reconfirm the rules, only upon my insistence, did they let me in. The agent vehemently advised that it was Gate 52 and higher and told me to talk to the concierge next to him. The concierge then asked the same agent what the rule was, and sided with the agent without verifying. Two days later, another agent apologized on their behalf for getting it wrong as it was still Gate 50 to 68. In any case, the rule still stands for gates 50-68.

Also, if you got in, but as an exception to the rules, then consider yourself simply as lucky.

So don't be afraid to stand your ground, with or without printed proof. So as long as you are eligible, stand your ground! You are most likely to get an agent who won't know the rules and wrongly turn you away.
Print Wikipost

YUL International MLL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
New YUL MLL INTL
Attached Images  
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:40 pm
ABW

Programs: AC SE 3MM, Bonvoy LTE, Accor Diamond, Amex Centurion
I did not have a lot of time to experience the new lounge, but what I did see looked impressive.

Welcome gift upon check-in and Champagne was freely flowing on the first day of opening.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
I like chicken and egg. Is the cook station still downstairs? Bar?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:58 pm
ABW

Programs: AC SE 3MM, Bonvoy LTE, Accor Diamond, Amex Centurion
No, downstairs is check-in only.

Bar, cook station and balance of lounge is on the upper level.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Does this represent a decrease in overall sqft then? The construction site was no wider than the original YUL INT MLL. I liked that little downstairs thing... just like I liked all the "offices" in YVR DOM MLL years back...
Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by tcook052
As a leading global carrier, Air Canada is pleased to offer premium passengers access to 22 Maple Leaf Lounges around the world. In addition to the new Montreal international Maple Leaf Lounge, Air Canada is investing in the customer airport experience throughout its network with the recently opened Newark Maple Leaf Lounge, an expanded Vancouver international Maple Leaf Lounge opening in summer 2017, a new Saskatoon domestic Maple Leaf Lounge opening in fall 2017, and refurbishments planned for its domestic Maple Leaf Lounges at Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver in 2017.
A trifecta of well-overdue projects.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:19 am

Programs: AC75 MM
Will they renovate the food to match?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffsim
A trifecta of well-overdue projects.
"A bet in which the person betting forecasts the first three finishers in a race in the correct order?"
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Stranger
"A bet in which the person betting forecasts the first three finishers in a race in the correct order?"
More like:

The word trifecta is also used to describe a situation when three elements come together at the same time. The term is often used when a U.S. political party controls the executive branch and both houses of the legislative branch of a state or the national government.
Basically, I just want a lounge at YXE and domestic MLL renovations at both YUL and YVR. I'm not asking for much, am I?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ffsim
More like:

Basically, I just want a lounge at YXE and domestic MLL renovations at both YUL and YVR. I'm not asking for much, am I?
What about YYZ?

I can't even begin to describe how useful a YXE MLL would have been during EYW 3, 4, and 5.

Not even just for a free place to grab a quick snack and drink, but because in IRROPS, I was forced to leave security and go to check-in. That would be much less likely if there were an MLL.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
What about YYZ?
If I'm honest, I have minimal complaints for that MLL versus the other two.

Besides, I don't know what to call a trifecta that has 4 elements come together at the same time A quadfecta? A fourfecta? Too complicated
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
So is Montreal a better international gateway than Toronto now?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
I had the chance to visit the new MLL earlier this week. Still had the "new lounge smell"

Overall a very positive impression of the new space, very much in line with the new global MLL designs we've seen in LHR/FRA/YYC lately. While the lower level area is gone, it is quite spacious with lots of different zones and areas. Bar with bartender and chef stations were unoccupied, (I was there at 7AM), with the same low quality food offering that are now common in MLLs at breakfast hour, however I heard they are planning to have custom cooked omelettes soon, which would be a nice improvement. I'm looking forward to trying out the dinner options soon.

Reception agent confirmed the new policy for domestic flights : E50K and up get access on flights departing from gate 52 and up.

Well done Air Canada! ^

Last edited by gabdusch; Dec 10, 2016 at 2:13 pm
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:30 pm

Some pics:

Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew
So is Montreal a better international gateway than Toronto now?
For the lounge, maybe, but for choice of destinations/frequency, no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.