Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Access to the Montreal (YUL) International Maple Leaf Lounge™ (MLL)

Latest news, as per The Altitude Report, "October Edition", sent on November 1, 2017:

Our Montreal International Maple Leaf Lounge™ next to Gate 52 offers a peaceful, sophisticated place to relax before taking flight. As a friendly reminder, eligible customers who are departing on an international flight may access the lounge, regardless of the departure gate. Those departing on a domestic flight may only access the international lounge if their departure gate is between 50 and 68. They can also access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge next to Gates 1 and 3.

An aside from yyznomad: (November 1, 2017)

From my own insider information, there was a recent meeting to discuss access to the YUL International MLL. It was to discuss access eligibility for domestic flights, due to overcrowding. I found this out due to an experience where I was flying out of Gate 50 on a domestic flight and was denied by both a lounge agent and a concierge seated next to him. After patiently waiting for them to reconfirm the rules, only upon my insistence, did they let me in. The agent vehemently advised that it was Gate 52 and higher and told me to talk to the concierge next to him. The concierge then asked the same agent what the rule was, and sided with the agent without verifying. Two days later, another agent apologized on their behalf for getting it wrong as it was still Gate 50 to 68. In any case, the rule still stands for gates 50-68.

Also, if you got in, but as an exception to the rules, then consider yourself simply as lucky.

So don't be afraid to stand your ground, with or without printed proof. So as long as you are eligible, stand your ground! You are most likely to get an agent who won't know the rules and wrongly turn you away.
Print Wikipost

YUL International MLL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:19 am

Does anyone know what time dinner food starts in the lounge? Looking at an early TATL and want to know if there will be a chance to eat in the lounge before and skip onboard meal.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by bcnfish
Does anyone know what time dinner food starts in the lounge? Looking at an early TATL and want to know if there will be a chance to eat in the lounge before and skip onboard meal.
I haven't been in a while, but I seem to recall the cooking stations opening at around 4:30.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:06 am

Coming in from TK J and transiting to a transborder (LGA) flight in J. I think I will have access to the international area but will I have access to the international MLL? Or will I be told to stick with the transborder MLL? And is it on par with the international MLL in terms of hot food options? My flight arrives in the early evening and departs late evening.

Last edited by nas6034; Oct 6, 2019 at 11:32 am
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by nas6034
Coming in from TK J and transiting to a transborder (LGA) flight in J. I think I will have access to the international area but will I have access to the international MLL? Or will I be told to stick with the transborder MLL? And is it on par with the international MLL in terms of hot food options? My flight arrives in the early evening and departs late evening.
You will not have access to the International MLL on arrival. You will have to clear customs and security to be admitted to the transborder terminal where you will have access to the TB MLL.

Food options are extremely limited in that lounge, there is a thread somewhere describing the offerings.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou
You will not have access to the International MLL on arrival. You will have to clear customs and security to be admitted to the transborder terminal where you will have access to the TB MLL.

Food options are extremely limited in that lounge, there is a thread somewhere describing the offerings.

Understood on the TB MLL that I have to pre-clear. I tried to look for the thread on food options at TB MLL but couldn't find it. WIll the Intl MLL denial be based on me connecting to an AC transborder flight? Or because it cannot be treated as an arrivals lounge? Because I understand I would be in the international area upon arrival.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Understood on the TB MLL that I have to pre-clear. I tried to look for the thread on food options at TB MLL but couldn't find it. WIll the Intl MLL denial be based on me connecting to an AC transborder flight? Or because it cannot be treated as an arrivals lounge? Because I understand I would be in the international area upon arrival.
There is no way to get to the YUL INTL MLL on arrival from an INTL flight. You'll be funnelled in to the TB area, and have access to that lounge.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
You will be in the hallway-to-customs on arrival. You will not have physical access to the international lounge door.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
You will routed into a area that only has two or three paths out, through Canadian boarder control into Canada or US boarder control into the US.

Not Montreal may have the third path for International to International. if they do, there would be an ID and boarding pass check before your let back into international.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hello,

Could someone please confirm the hours of operation of MLL in the international terminal? AirCanada website contains some odd schedule that covers April to October only. I would be surprised to see it closed Nov-Mar. Trying to reach AC is pointless, they do not answer and the 1hr+ wait time on the phone cannot be justified

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Nikolai Grigoriev
Hello,

Could someone please confirm the hours of operation of MLL in the international terminal? AirCanada website contains some odd schedule that covers April to October only. I would be surprised to see it closed Nov-Mar. Trying to reach AC is pointless, they do not answer and the 1hr+ wait time on the phone cannot be justified

Thanks!

It's not closed. And AC isn't answering the phone for people with reservation issues. I've sent a message to AC. They will follow up but they are currently a little busy with a bigger project. Hopefully someone who is in the YUL MLL or has been there recently or will be there soon, can post a reply here.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
YUL int has the strangest hours. I'm pretty sure that the last time I was there, the sign had it closed for something like 15 minutes in the middle of the day.

With the resegregation though, they might have to keep it open to accommodate ITI pax who can't get to dom.

Also, I just realized the entire wiki is outdated, but I'd feel bad about deleting the whole thing without replacing it with something better.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow
....Also, I just realized the entire wiki is outdated, but I'd feel bad about deleting the whole thing without replacing it with something better.
Why not archive and link?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Nikolai Grigoriev
Hello,

Thanks!
Of no one posts I'll check Sunday on my way to LHR
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
YUL int has the strangest hours. I'm pretty sure that the last time I was there, the sign had it closed for something like 15 minutes in the middle of the day.

With the resegregation though, they might have to keep it open to accommodate ITI pax who can't get to dom.

Also, I just realized the entire wiki is outdated, but I'd feel bad about deleting the whole thing without replacing it with something better.
Yep, way, way, way out of date.

And yes, upthread for the last couple of years there have been posts taking about the ridiculous interval hours of operation.

30 minute donut break
15 minute coffee break
15 minute donut break
15 minute break to plan on when next to strike

All kidding aside, I get that there will be extreme lulls where there are no international flights being operated, but the sporadic hours certainly don't help someone with a legit international connection at YUL that is three or more hours and they just want to park their butts in the MLL during that time for some super tranquil rest or whatever.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
Of no one posts I'll check Sunday on my way to LHR
Answering my own question. AirCanada did not return any messages (email, Twitter, Facebook). But I called Maple Leaf Club and left a message. Got the call back this morning, very polite gentlement apologized that AC still has not posted the update on their website (1,5+ months ) and confirmed the time it opens on the day I was interested in. Hopefully this call will also push the website update.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.