Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Access to the Montreal (YUL) International Maple Leaf Lounge™ (MLL)

Latest news, as per The Altitude Report, "October Edition", sent on November 1, 2017:

Our Montreal International Maple Leaf Lounge™ next to Gate 52 offers a peaceful, sophisticated place to relax before taking flight. As a friendly reminder, eligible customers who are departing on an international flight may access the lounge, regardless of the departure gate. Those departing on a domestic flight may only access the international lounge if their departure gate is between 50 and 68. They can also access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge next to Gates 1 and 3.

An aside from yyznomad: (November 1, 2017)

From my own insider information, there was a recent meeting to discuss access to the YUL International MLL. It was to discuss access eligibility for domestic flights, due to overcrowding. I found this out due to an experience where I was flying out of Gate 50 on a domestic flight and was denied by both a lounge agent and a concierge seated next to him. After patiently waiting for them to reconfirm the rules, only upon my insistence, did they let me in. The agent vehemently advised that it was Gate 52 and higher and told me to talk to the concierge next to him. The concierge then asked the same agent what the rule was, and sided with the agent without verifying. Two days later, another agent apologized on their behalf for getting it wrong as it was still Gate 50 to 68. In any case, the rule still stands for gates 50-68.

Also, if you got in, but as an exception to the rules, then consider yourself simply as lucky.

So don't be afraid to stand your ground, with or without printed proof. So as long as you are eligible, stand your ground! You are most likely to get an agent who won't know the rules and wrongly turn you away.
Print Wikipost

YUL International MLL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
This and a slice of the lukewarm pizza-flatbread thing were my "experiences" for the 1 hour we had in the lounge, as it only opens at 11:15. Oh, and a couple of the mini carrots. Had we known we'd be sitting on AC 11 for more than an hour while they tried to sort out air conditioning pack issues, perhaps I might have enhanced my snack.

Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Found the thread Well we have two similar so hoping this is the right one.

Now I think I know the answer to this, but I wanted to check. To avoid the walk of shame. Flying into through YUL from international to domestic. J so I have MLL access, but no status.

Now assuming I don’t luck out with a gate 50+ departure, what’s the chances I can get into the intl
MLL on my arrival BP (which is a LX BP too) As departing will be domestic only (AC of course).

Reason being, I may want to shower. And the YUL Dom MLL has no showers. This ‘need’ may grow or shrink based upon how long it takes to clear immigration and how poorly YYZ functions if there is indeed a snowflake.

I’m assuming without E50k/*G status I’m batting low odds here but thought I’d check.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94
Found the thread Well we have two similar so hoping this is the right one.

Now I think I know the answer to this, but I wanted to check. To avoid the walk of shame. Flying into through YUL from international to domestic. J so I have MLL access, but no status.

Now assuming I don’t luck out with a gate 50+ departure, what’s the chances I can get into the intl
MLL on my arrival BP (which is a LX BP too) As departing will be domestic only (AC of course).

Reason being, I may want to shower. And the YUL Dom MLL has no showers. This ‘need’ may grow or shrink based upon how long it takes to clear immigration and how poorly YYZ functions if there is indeed a snowflake.

I’m assuming without E50k/*G status I’m batting low odds here but thought I’d check.
Next to nil... but like anything AC, YMMV. If you manage to get in on your arriving LX BP and departing from a non-50+ gate, then please let us know so we can start a riot.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I recently got in on a YUL-YYZ BP below 50. I didn't even need to mention I'd just flown AC J from Europe.

But they've always been much more relaxed with SEs.

If you start the conversation with "I could really use a shower", that may help.
jc94 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Next to nil... but like anything AC, YMMV. If you manage to get in on your arriving LX BP and departing from a non-50+ gate, then please let us know so we can start a riot.
If I decide to risk it I will of course report back for a RCHHMP thrashing.

Or maybe I’ll feature in another thread for smelling bad
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I recently got in on a YUL-YYZ BP below 50. I didn't even need to mention I'd just flown AC J from Europe.

If you start the conversation with "I could really use a shower", that may help.
Thanks, that is a good idea
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

And I was once denied with a gate 51 BP as SE MM. Had to plead my non-case with the concierge that denied me.
So, yeah I agree, and like I said, YMMV.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: AC 75K
YUL International Maple Leaf Lounge: Showers?

Hi Everyone

Flying YVR- YUL-ZRH soon in J on AC domestic and then SWISS to ZRH.

Does the YUL International MLL Lounge have a shower or showers? If so, what are they like?

Advice greatly appreciated as always.

YXEG
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YXEGeordie
Hi Everyone

Flying YVR- YUL-ZRH soon in J on AC domestic and then SWISS to ZRH.

Does the YUL International MLL Lounge have a shower or showers? If so, what are they like?

Advice greatly appreciated as always.

YXEG
There are at least two. They're pretty standard MLL showers. As long as they don't forget the towels
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
There are at least two. They're pretty standard MLL showers. As long as they don't forget the towels
Forgetting the towels - I had that happen to me in the NH lounge at NRT. I guess AC isn't alone in that regard...

Dirty towels - that seems to be an AC MLL exclusive though.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
pasta plus

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
I like that garlic shrimp pasta! I think it's pretty good. ^
I (too) enjoyed the shrimp pasta. It's custom made, while you wait. Had it with extra parmesan. Worthwhile!
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
No longer accessible for domestic flight

Starting April 3, the International MLL will no longer be accessible for domestic flights. The international section will be segregated from Dom thus impossible to access without a Int'l boarding pass.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/milesop...rnationale/amp
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by lewis_m
Starting April 3, the International MLL will no longer be accessible for domestic flights. The international section will be segregated from Dom thus impossible to access without a Int'l boarding pass.
That's a deception though at some hours (morning especially), the lounge is a real dump.

I guess all wide-bodies domestic flights will be reassigned new gates. Is that even possible?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus
I guess all wide-bodies domestic flights will be reassigned new gates. Is that even possible?
They could use gate 50. Can 51 and 52 be used as swing gates? There also looks to be good spacing on the aeroquay (gate 19 and 23).
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by lewis_m
Right, I was told this by some concierges a few months ago. Apparently, having domestic pax wandering the international departures area was not a good thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.