Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad

@jc94

from the "I'm in the MLL" thread... regarding YUL Dom MLL
can you please elaborate?

Well YYZ Dom has poor food offerings... YUL on my single visit, had more lol.

Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94

Well YYZ Dom has poor food offerings... YUL on my single visit, had more lol.

YUL, YVR, and YYZ dom MLLs have essentially the same offerings for hot and cold food.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: AC E50K, FPC Platinum
I normally actually like the lounge food (mmmm potato salad) but can we talk about just how bad the breakfast offerings are in the smaller lounges? Clearly for the MLL breakfast is not the most important meal of the day.

This is the breakfast offering in YHZ. It was similar in YYT. Hard boiled eggs, melon and yogurt. You also have plain or whole wheat toast, rice crispies or raisin bran, or oatmeal

I get that they don’t want to have a chef in early but at least give some edible. A bagel, some raisin bread, a bit of cream cheese. Fruit that isn’t honeydew melon 🤢

it would also also be nice if there’s some variety. It gets old fast
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by eastexpress
I normally actually like the lounge food (mmmm potato salad) but can we talk about just how bad the breakfast offerings are in the smaller lounges? Clearly for the MLL breakfast is not the most important meal of the day.

This is the breakfast offering in YHZ. It was similar in YYT. Hard boiled eggs, melon and yogurt. You also have plain or whole wheat toast, rice crispies or raisin bran, or oatmeal

I get that they don’t want to have a chef in early but at least give some edible. A bagel, some raisin bread, a bit of cream cheese. Fruit that isn’t honeydew melon ��

it would also also be nice if there’s some variety. It gets old fast

That looks like real cantaloupe? If so, you are lucky. I’ve only seen that kind of fruit from a tin or bottle. It’s really nasty..

Agree with your comments and would add that the MLL at YYZ, especially transborder, always seems dirty, let’s not even discuss transborder at YVR. If one is so bold as to request a table be cleaned, the attitude is .....
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bartolo

That looks like real cantaloupe? If so, you are lucky. I’ve only seen that kind of fruit from a tin or bottle. It’s really nasty..

Agree with your comments and would add that the MLL at YYZ, especially transborder, always seems dirty, let’s not even discuss transborder at YVR. If one is so bold as to request a table be cleaned, the attitude is .....
@Bartolo

If you have more details, might be good to post them in the following thread:

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

I remember when I first started this thread, I noticed an immediate improvement in the MLLs, especially with the supervisors out in full force. Of course, that could have been just pure coincidence. At least for the YYZ International MLL, which I frequented on a weekly basis back then, I noticed it was much cleaner for a good while (at least two years) following the start of this thread. (Again, could be just pure coincidence)
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
@Bartolo

If you have more details, might be good to post them in the following thread:

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

I remember when I first started this thread, I noticed an immediate improvement in the MLLs, especially with the supervisors out in full force. Of course, that could have been just pure coincidence. At least for the YYZ International MLL, which I frequented on a weekly basis back then, I noticed it was much cleaner for a good while (at least two years) following the start of this thread. (Again, could be just pure coincidence)

I remain hopeful your power and influence (from this post) will produce another good outcome. 🤞 Maybe you could diarize to use this thread every year to remind AC.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YYZ Dom MLL hot breakfast phbbbbt phbbbbt

just for bits and wiggles, posting the standard hot breakfast food pr0n
24left gagged at the sight of them before "dragging" me to the PPL

but before @24left was done gagging, I managed to snort a line of nasty cheese omelettes and little weenies to add buffer to my #2MMuffintop

(please forgive me for the lesser quality photos)

oink oink

Old May 3, 2019, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
LGTM !
Old May 3, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
..to add buffer to my #2MMuffintop
Yeah, you’re huge. Lay off the chocolate chip cookies. It’s disgraceful.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope

Yeah, you’re huge. Lay off the chocolate chip cookies. It’s disgraceful.

How dare you.

Oh, and I just finished inhaling a DoubleTree cookie for the first time.
So did @24left! (Ok, 24left is not a DoubleTree cookie virgin, but I am)

But speaking of which, I miss the old MLL cookies from a couple years ago. I always enjoyed taking a few of them for my flight.

*burp*

OINK
jasdou likes this.

Last edited by yyznomad; May 3, 2019 at 10:33 pm
Old May 4, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shhhh don't tell 24left

but at the second MLL of the day, I snorted more omelettes

jasdou likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
We need to being a movement demanding a pancake machine. Being the national air carrier of Canada, and the airline that knows French, the pancakes must also have real maple syrup.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MLL Tea vs MLL Pee

Anyone remember which tea brand AC had in its MLLs prior to Tetley?

I don't drink tea often, so I don't have an affinity to a specific brand... however, if presented with a choice, I'd choose a brand like Bigelow over Tetley.

I only thought about this after @24left mentioned that Tetley was "subpar", nicely put.
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Anyone remember which tea brand AC had in its MLLs prior to Tetley?

I don't drink tea often, so I don't have an affinity to a specific brand... however, if presented with a choice, I'd choose a brand like Bigelow over Tetley.

I only thought about this after @24left mentioned that Tetley was "subpar", nicely put.
I thought you only drank Darjeeling.
After our recent trip to Buenos Aires, my kids are fascinated with Mate along with the traditions incl straw sharing. I did actually see some passengers on the flight drinking mate with hot water requested from the FA.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vernonc
I thought you only drank Darjeeling.
After our recent trip to Buenos Aires, my kids are fascinated with Mate along with the traditions incl straw sharing. I did actually see some passengers on the flight drinking mate with hot water requested from the FA.
I believe both Tetley and Bigelow have Darjeeling. I like English Breakfast and Earl Grey too... and AC MLLs have those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.