Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Halifax MLL

The French Pea soup I had this evening was delicious. Definitely the best food item I've had in a MLL.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Heffeh41
The French Pea soup I had this evening was delicious. Definitely the best food item I've had in a MLL.
I've had the opportunity to try that soup once during a layover at YOW DOM lounge and must agree it's arguably one of the best soups I've had inside or outside a lounge. When I read the label on the counter I was expecting Habitant soup (i.e. thick goupy mess with an alright taste) which it was not! If I recall correctly there was also some bread, pasta, salads, etc. Certainly beats the YUL DOM lounge I had the opportunity to stop in, which only had booze (I suppose that's better than the DOM UC).

-James
Heffeh41 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I updated the wiki for YUL international based on what I saw prior to our TPAC departure last week

Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:59 pm
RJ1

Will be visiting the YYZ Transborder lounge for the first time, after a very long flight from DXB. Will the morning offerings there be similar to what is posted in the Wiki for the YYZ Domestic lounge?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RJ1
Will be visiting the YYZ Transborder lounge for the first time, after a very long flight from DXB. Will the morning offerings there be similar to what is posted in the Wiki for the YYZ Domestic lounge?
No.

TB has no hot food.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
No.

TB has no hot food.
Well, they have pizza/flatbread which is lukewarm around lunch time. Does this qualify as "hot food"? Or is it just a hot snack?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
YYZ TB 9/3 early evening:

1. potato and leek soup - not bad in general but a little overdone with the flour, left a chalky aftertaste
2. Italian wedding soup - didn't try
3. two platters of generic potato salad - not terrible, not great
4. chips and dip - no hummus, I consider that a downgrade
5. pasta with tomato sauce and cheese - the staff were taking this away at literally 7PM right on time, and I almost had to wrestle the tray out of their hands to get any of what was left, and keep the staff away until my partner could get to the pasta from the soup station. I think they could have waited until people in line finished vs trying to yank it away like that, it was a very weird experience to have them try and grab it away while the serving spoon was in my hand
6. kale salad - needless to say, no thanks
7. some cold (stale) bread
8. generic, hard, crusty and likely stale cookies in a jar
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by bocastephen
YYZ TB 9/3 early evening:

1. potato and leek soup - not bad in general but a little overdone with the flour, left a chalky aftertaste
2. Italian wedding soup - didn't try
3. two platters of generic potato salad - not terrible, not great
4. chips and dip - no hummus, I consider that a downgrade
5. pasta with tomato sauce and cheese - the staff were taking this away at literally 7PM right on time, and I almost had to wrestle the tray out of their hands to get any of what was left, and keep the staff away until my partner could get to the pasta from the soup station. I think they could have waited until people in line finished vs trying to yank it away like that, it was a very weird experience to have them try and grab it away while the serving spoon was in my hand
6. kale salad - needless to say, no thanks
7. some cold (stale) bread
8. generic, hard, crusty and likely stale cookies in a jar
Seems ridiculous if they were quite literally trying to take it away while people were helping themselves.

What is it about bread that AC just don't get? I've considered sitting on some of the bread to defrost and soften it.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jc94
Seems ridiculous if they were quite literally trying to take it away while people were helping themselves.

What is it about bread that AC just don't get? I've considered sitting on some of the bread to defrost and soften it.
LOL. For more entertainment, watch those who are putting their cold, undercooked morning hash brown potato things in the toaster.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jasdou
Well, they have pizza/flatbread which is lukewarm around lunch time. Does this qualify as "hot food"? Or is it just a hot snack?
That's not a "morning offering".
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou
Some would consider that a COntinental breakfast
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Would it kill them to put out a lousy sandwich? A piece of cheese? A slice of salami or even MOCK CHICKEN??? Come on !!!!!!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by 24left
LOL. For more entertainment, watch those who are putting their cold, undercooked morning hash brown potato things in the toaster.
Seriously? This sounds like a great way to break them apart and leave bits of burning hash in the bottom of the toaster.

Originally Posted by AleEat
Would it kill them to put out a lousy sandwich? A piece of cheese? A slice of salami or even MOCK CHICKEN??? Come on !!!!!!
Mock chicken?? I had to look this up lol. Doesn’t everything taste like chicken? Except pickles.
smallmj likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan

Mock chicken?? I had to look this up lol. Doesn’t everything taste like chicken? Except pickles.
You must be younger than I if you haven't heard of mock chicken. Have you heard of mock apple pie made with Ritz crackers?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:10 am
Suspended

Seriously? This sounds like a great way to break them apart and leave bits of burning hash in the bottom of the toaster.

Right, but watching these guys do it in the morning tells me a couple of things, not the least of which is the hash brown potato things ARE UNDERCOOKED AND COLD. lol

Originally Posted by smallmj
You must be younger than I if you haven't heard of mock chicken. Have you heard of mock apple pie made with Ritz crackers?
I remember mom had some card from Nabisco with that Ritz cracker mock chopped liver recipe. No pickles were involved. I don't remember the apple pie though. I'll bet either of those are better than some current MLL offerings.
smallmj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.