Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

And this is a small sample size of what I witnessed... I usually don't take pictures but if nothing is done I will start to make an effort to take pictures and post them here...

LHR T2 Departures MLL
1. All three of the men's lav urinals have been Out of Service since at least December 25, 2014. Each urinal has a printed placard on it with "Sorry for the inconvenience..." blabber. Today is January 12, 2015.
2. Also, every single time I am in there, I happen to choose a sink whose soap dispenser has no soap. Literally every single time. I am in this lounge once every two weeks so I have a good sample size to draw from.
3. Also, there have been reports here that only one of the showers is currently in service with a waiting list or be told to go to the UA lounge to use their showers.

YYZ International MLL
1. Men's lav - the furthest sink from the entrance has had its faucet inoperable for at least two months. I have already brought this to the attention of the lounge staff twice. This was last witnessed by me on January 8, 2015... so I am assuming it still has not been fixed to this point. There is still no sign on the sink.
2. Also, every single time I am in there, I happen to choose a sink whose soap dispenser has no soap, just like the YYZ Int'l MLL men's lav. I am in this lounge once every WEEK so I have a good sample size to draw from.

General
AC's MLL contract staff - especially at YYZ - are abysmal at clearing away plates and cleaning up - let alone cleaning well after people. I often arrive at a table or desk to find used plates, napkins, and glasses lying there - sometimes piled up by several people. Even after I push these items aside and sit down, your contract staff tend to take forever to take it away. Shall I bring it to the kitchen for you? Shall I also roll up my sleeves and wash them for you too?

I have been in the NH NRT and HND lounges quite often and the comparison in the quality of maintenance is astounding between them and AC MLLs. (Yes, I can darn right compare)

I am going to post more once more stuff from recent memory come to mind.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:52 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Seems that AC needs (another) VP in charge of salubrity. Seems to be a chronic problem across the entire company (re:filthy aircraft thread) and not something that seems to be a priority (I know they stated differently in the other thread, actions > words in my world)
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
An example of why contracting out to save money actually results in worse service than keeping things in house where they can be better supervised. Go for the lowest cost alternative and get the lowest quality of service. Have complaints been lodged with the AC station manager and cc'd to the President's office, or just to one of the lounge receptionists?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
just like the YYZ Int'l MLL men's lav. .
Just to clarify, you mean just like the LHR MLL or another MLL? (im assuming the former, but just in case!)
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Ever lifted the seat cushions of the seats, try, lots if crumbs left if you are still hungry.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Just to clarify, you mean just like the LHR MLL or another MLL? (im assuming the former, but just in case!)
Yes, that is what I meant - LHR MLL.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
LHR MLL - mens washroom

On December 31 - not only a urinal but a toilet stall was out of order in the MLL Lounge T2. Incredible that facilities are still not repaired or maintained. Washrooms were not particularly well maintained that day.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
AC's MLL contract staff - especially at YYZ - are abysmal at clearing away plates and cleaning up - let alone cleaning well after people. I often arrive at a table or desk to find used plates, napkins, and glasses lying there - sometimes piled up by several people. Even after I push these items aside and sit down, your contract staff tend to take forever to take it away. Shall I bring it to the kitchen for you? Shall I also roll up my sleeves and wash them for you too?
Fully agree with this observation. Lately I've been finding that most empty chairs have dirty dishes on the tables next to them and they are STILL there when I leave 30-60 minutes later.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Have complaints been lodged with the AC station manager and cc'd to the President's office, or just to one of the lounge receptionists?
Just lounge attendants and contract staff. All met with a hu-hum shrug.

Is it now our obligation to go to lengths of sending communications to higher ups to get, what should not require weeks or months of effort, done? I mean, we're talking about an entire set of urinals out of order for months, not the airport roof caving in!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
General
I think this also speaks to the quality of the people who use the MLL, I have noticed the level of slobbishness of people increase over the past few years. The uncouth seemed to be the minority 6 or so years ago, today their presence in significant number is de rigueur. That's the main reason why I rarely use the MLL anymore, I find parts of the terminal to be more pleasant and peaceful than any MLL.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaysona
I think this also speaks to the quality of the people who use the MLL, I have noticed the level of slobbishness of people increase over the past few years. The uncouth seemed to be the minority 6 or so years ago, today their presence in significant number is de rigueur. That's the main reason why I rarely use the MLL anymore, I find parts of the terminal to be more pleasant and peaceful than any MLL.
Hmm, never thought of it that way, but now that you've mentioned it, I agree. But still, the contract staff need to do a better job regardless.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jaysona
I think this also speaks to the quality of the people who use the MLL, I have noticed the level of slobbishness of people increase over the past few years.
Do you mean snobbish or sloppy, or a mix of both?

(OK, OK, there is also slob...)
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
jaysona meant sloppy.
Stranger means both
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Stranger

(OK, OK, there is also slob...)
I was referring to the increase in apparent slobs (that are sloppy) that seem to be frequenting the MLL. I have seen farm animals that are cleaner and neater people I have seen in the lounge.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:00 pm

I don't spend too much time in lounges, but why not just post pics on twitter if this overly common? It should start to get some real attention - Maybe tag another airline plus air Canada to see if there is some sort of response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.