Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Well, I have only had status to enter the lounge 2 out of the past 4 years. AC sells the lounge access as part of the business class fare. AC also sells access to those passengers who do not have FF benefits. I am one of those pax who pays for the access as part of my J class fare.

I was in the AMS KLM lounge the other day. It was massive, and despite the peak hour, there was room for everyone. I also had a wonderful pastrami sandwich, that I made myself. The lounge was kept clean and well stocked by unionized employees who were most likely earning wages and benefits that were relatively more expensive than those paid to the MLL employees. Had it not been morning, I would have sampled the many fine wines that were available, wines of significantly higher quality than I have ever seen in a MLL or on board AC. (BTW, my J class fare include some long haul flights that went to EU airports that have costs as high as, if not higher than Canadian airports. My total fare was approx. $2,000 less than what was available from AC.)
Ditto here. I have also been to the AMS KLM lounge and agree that it is "ginormous"... it was packed when I used it but I still found space. And yes, it was CLEAN, and staff were attentive.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I have a suggestion that would clean out the MLL moochers. Start charging for access to the MLL for those who have lower "status".
Business class - included in the ticket
For those who have E 75K and SE 100K status - included

For those at a lower status;
Tango & Flex fares - $25.
All other fares - $15

If someone really wants access, he/she will pay.

Guaranteed to make me the most hated member here.................
No.

All *G (E50/E75/S100K/JDCZIP fares) should have access to the MLL.

What AC needs to do is stop allowing access to anyone else.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Fair enough, but then there are a large number of clients like me, who have paid for a business class fare. Could I at least be given a guaranteed seat and perhaps access to some fresh soup?
Absolutely. You should have such access, along with respectable quality if you are spending good dime on the product.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE
I have pretty much given up on LHR T2 MLL. This response could go in any number of threads. Too long a wait for showers - and for a new facility they are nice but... dark, no where to place your bag, no hooks to hang stuff. Two showers only!!! come on. And yes that the men's room urinals have been out of commission for a long period of time. yyznomad - i would push that date back to end of October for when these went out of service, i went thru there in mid Oct and early Nov and dropped in 8 days ago. No urinal availability. I'll check on Thursday. I mean this is a brand new facility. I goto UA - nice showers , get my shirt and jacket pressed.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by TravellingGypsy
Wait, let me get this straight. So we're complaining about the condition of a lounge that costs NOTHING to access? We get what we pay for.

And before anyone pipes up, "I pay for lounge access with my J seat", or "I pay for it by earning *G", you are wrong. You pay for your SEAT. Lounge access is a PRIVILEGE. So unless you actually do truly pay to sit in the lounge (which I suppose some people do, although I've never met one of these folks), keep in mind we get what we pay for.
Lounge costs are built into the premium fares/loyalty programs forming a social contract that is an appropriate exchange of value between two parties (the definition of marketing). This is not rocket science. Further revenue is achieved with marketing partnerships with Banks/CC and selling lounge memberships through various channels (and yes I've observed many who've gone that route).

You clearly do not understand holistic integrated marketing.

Everyone that uses a MLL has the right to provide feedback: good, bad or indifferent (those feedback forms are not for show). You're doing AC a favour in keeping market research costs low for them. Which they could reinvest such savings in increasing the value of its loyalty program and/or lounges.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:57 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by kwflyer
Lounge costs are built into the premium fares/loyalty programs forming a social contract that is an appropriate exchange of value between two parties (the definition of marketing). This is not rocket science. Further revenue is achieved with marketing partnerships with Banks/CC and selling lounge memberships through various channels (and yes I've observed many who've gone that route).

You clearly do not understand holistic integrated marketing.

Everyone that uses a MLL has the right to provide feedback: good, bad or indifferent (those feedback forms are not for show). You're doing AC a favour in keeping market research costs low for them. Which they could reinvest such savings in increasing the value of its loyalty program and/or lounges.
+ 1 ^
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:57 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I guess that's what happens when all you civilized customers leave for DL, UA and AA.
Wow, if that's the case, I'd hate to see what the UA lounges were like before the more civilized people showed up....
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I guess that's what happens when all you civilized customers leave for DL, UA and AA.
at UA, AA.. you're not considered civilised until you hit Exec Plat or 100K. at AC they do it at E50.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravellingGypsy
Wait, let me get this straight. So we're complaining about the condition of a lounge that costs NOTHING to access? We get what we pay for.

And before anyone pipes up, "I pay for lounge access with my J seat", or "I pay for it by earning *G", you are wrong. You pay for your SEAT. Lounge access is a PRIVILEGE. So unless you actually do truly pay to sit in the lounge (which I suppose some people do, although I've never met one of these folks), keep in mind we get what we pay for.
It doesn't cost "nothing".

My flight pass explicitly mentions lounge access as part of what I'm paying for. So does every business class ticket I've ever purchased.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by yyznomad
LHR T2 Departures MLL
1. All three of the men's lav urinals have been Out of Service since at least December 25, 2014.
Isn't T2 only about 6 months old?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Jagboi
Isn't T2 only about 6 months old?
Right. So hardly reasonable to expect everything to be working yet
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Geoflying
Right. So hardly reasonable to expect everything to be working yet
Your comfort zone?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE
Urinals in MLL T2 LHR still out of order.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Back to the original topic of "cleanliness" (or lack thereof), I was in the YYZ Domestic MLL on Tuesday PM and it was "fruit flies galore" around cookies, the salads and pretty much any food. In 15 years of travel, this is the first time that I have actually noticed this (or to that extent anyway). Not a huge deal, but does make things less inviting
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by yyznomad
[...]I usually don't take pictures but if nothing is done I will start to make an effort to take pictures and post them here...[...]
Rule 32 would advise you that you MUST post pictures, or it never happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.