Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada introduces zoned boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
See new thread for zoned boarding from 2020 onwards.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada introduces zoned boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Orcair
As a data point, back when the app was glitchy and let me select Preferred Seats for free I was always placed in Zone 5. Especially in 19A on the 767.
It makes me wonder if 19A really isn't a preferred seat. No underseat storage, TV in the armrest and the seat being right by the bathrooms are all deterrents IMO. Sometimes the extra legroom isn't worth it...
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AC*A
Originally Posted by pokee
It makes me wonder if 19A really isn't a preferred seat. No underseat storage, TV in the armrest and the seat being right by the bathrooms are all deterrents IMO. Sometimes the extra legroom isn't worth it...
That might have only been on the 767s that went to Rouge in the beginning, which had the extra crew rest bunks iirc. The remaining 767s have under-seat storage, TVs in the seat in front and just a galley next to them, though people assume there are lavs there.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:51 pm

That might have only been on the 767s that went to Rouge in the beginning, which had the extra crew rest bunks iirc. The remaining 767s have under-seat storage, TVs in the seat in front and just a galley next to them, though people assume there are lavs there.
Hmmm...that's good to know, thanks! I'll likely keep that seat then!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: AC*A
Hmmm...that's good to know, thanks! I'll likely keep that seat then!
Probably the only negative to note is that the tray tables are really wonky and don't usually hold their position when opened from the arm rest. So if you plan on watching/typing maybe pick a row with a seatback tray table!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:14 pm

Probably the only negative to note is that the tray tables are really wonky and don't usually hold their position when opened from the arm rest. So if you plan on watching/typing maybe pick a row with a seatback tray table!
Nope, just using it for eating! I was more concerned with making sure the on-demand TV was in the seat-back in front of me.

I think it will be a good seat for me, although I know I'll be a little annoyed with having to stow my personal item during take-off/landing - not to mention the added 'pressure' of saving everybody on the plane if we crash land somewhere!
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
FYI. When printing off AC boarding passes on LH card stock, the boarding zone for the AC flight shows up correctly on the LH issue card.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by canopus27
I can see it now ... Zone Boarding: The Extreme Edition Thread

And yes -- as I boarded I was hoping that I might meet the magical mythical @Sean Peever Oh well, maybe one day.
I still pop up once in awhile.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I still pop up once in awhile.
Don't tell me you've been stuck in a boarding line in DEL for the past two months
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Don't tell me you've been stuck in a boarding line in DEL for the past two months
Thats 5 minutes in India speak
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Lucky ( and previously Himani before she left) are amazing and make sure I'm never stuck in a line in DEL!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
In India it's not a real lineup until someone has literally died in it.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:21 am

Nope, just using it for eating! I was more concerned with making sure the on-demand TV was in the seat-back in front of me.

I think it will be a good seat for me, although I know I'll be a little annoyed with having to stow my personal item during take-off/landing - not to mention the added 'pressure' of saving everybody on the plane if we crash land somewhere!
Just an update: I'm boarding in Zone 2 for this flight and my connecting flight and I have no idea how this happened! Not that I'm complaining!
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Just an update: I'm boarding in Zone 2 for this flight and my connecting flight and I have no idea how this happened! Not that I'm complaining!
Latitude fare? Credit Card?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Two recent reports from a friend, he got Z1 without being SE (Y only flight) which normally gives one Z2 at best. And family got Z1 on Domestic Y flights without status.

AC IT release an update?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I just boarded in BOS. Lady pushes to the front with her E50 card in her hand, they let her board with zone 1. I guess she's in J - wrong, row 12 inY.

People wont change their behaviour if they continue to get away with it. Shame on the GA in BOS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.