Wiki Posts
Search

Fall 2014 Earn Your Wings

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Just wanted to post a clarification on the Velocity badge and the one-time earning potential: from what I'm told, if this badge was to be earned multiple times, the description would have been “Earn 5,000 Wings every time you complete 6 flight segments.” In the description of the badge, it was written as "Earn 5,000 Wings when you complete 6 flight segments." All of our badge descriptions include the word “every” when it’s for every time. We tried to ensure that the language within this game was consistent in order to avoid situations like this one. Sorry to those who may have felt it was unclear.
Thanks for the clarification. In the future, could you make sure the description is explicit about whether it can only be earned once, or multiple times?

"This badge may only be earned once."
"This badge may be earned multiple times."

Also, can you share anything about the other two mystery badges? Will they be one-offs?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
All of our badge descriptions include the word “every” when it’s for every time.
Excepting destination badges?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:51 pm
Flying Blue Director

I believe it's including destination badges:

Canada
200 Wings for every take off and 200 Wings for every landing.

United States
400 Wings for every take off and 400 Wings for every landing.

EUROPE
750 Wings for every take off and 750 Wings for every landing.

Asia-Pacific

CARIBBEAN

Mexico & South America
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG Platinum, Avis First
What are you guys seeing for posting times? I've had very little show up on my EYW profile and the points don't even add up based off of badges.

I'm currently tied for 27th with only a few of my segments recognized so far and I'm sort of playing around with the idea of making a run for top 20, but I'm not going to go through the hassle if it's going to be a nightmare to get things credited.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Updated my screen shots of EYW #3 T&C today.

Decided to compare the Screen Shots of T&C taken on 10th September @ 9:30PM EDT.

In the 10 September Screen shot under New Badges: Blue Skies Badge.
The T&C for that Badge, eligible bookings : 15 September - 3 Oct 2015.
For Travel between 15th September and 3 October.
Eligible Fares Tango & up.

Checking T&C today, the Blue Skies Badge is replaced by Velocity Badge.

Interesting.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:27 pm
alc

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
Updated my screen shots of EYW #3 T&C today.

Decided to compare the Screen Shots of T&C taken on 10th September @ 9:30PM EDT.

In the 10 September Screen shot under New Badges: Blue Skies Badge.
The T&C for that Badge, eligible bookings : 15 September - 3 Oct 2015.
For Travel between 15th September and 3 October.
Eligible Fares Tango & up.

Checking T&C today, the Blue Skies Badge is replaced by Velocity Badge.

Interesting.
That because Velocity Badge had been voted. So, they removed the Blue Skies Badge info and leave Velocity Badge info.. along with adding a new line about earn one-time only.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by alc
That because Velocity Badge had been voted. So, they removed the Blue Skies Badge info and leave Velocity Badge info.. along with adding a new line about earn one-time only.
Yes, I realise Velocity has replaced the Blue Skies Badge. I was just commenting.

originally AC was planning i all published fares including Tango to be eligible for Mystery badges.

Bean Counters realised they can make some extra dollars & decided on Flex & up. I would not be surprise for the 2nd & 3rd Mystery badge Flex & up will be the qualifying fares.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:57 pm
alc

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
Yes, I realise Velocity has replaced the Blue Skies Badge. I was just commenting.

originally AC was planning i all published fares including Tango to be eligible for Mystery badges.

Bean Counters realised they can make some extra dollars & decided on Flex & up. I would not be surprise for the 2nd & 3rd Mystery badge Flex & up will be the qualifying fares.
Sorry if I was not clear on my last respond. Blue Skies "did not" replaced Velocity, it is only a "removal" of the Blue Skies Badge. Blue Skies was always Tango and up for 2500 wings and Velocity is Flex and up for 5000 wings. People were voting and see which one will be Myster Badge #1 - final result was 49% Blue Skies and 50% Velocity. Hence the "removal" of any reference of it.

Now, I do wonder if the voting might be fake and the result had been fixed all along
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: AC:50K
There's a new badge on the website: ACCELERATOR-BADGE-TITLE / accelerator-badge-description. Hopefully the details will arrive soon...

And hopefully the third 'new' badge will arrive before too long, since there's just two weeks left to book tickets for EYW3.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:31 am
alc

The icon looks good, showing 3 arrows:

maybe it will be 3X the wings
Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
My guess (and based upon EYW 2) is that it will be an "earn an additional x wings per segment" booked during the final two weeks of the booking window.

Rinse. Repeat.

SG
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by alc
The icon looks good, showing 3 arrows:

maybe it will be 3X the wings
Looks like the title / description is gone now. I guess it'll make an official appearance on Monday.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100k, AS MVP Gold, National EE, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Why does the west coast get the shaft for EYW? This is great if you're based in YWG or YQR or in YYZ and can fly out YTZ?

West coast always get the shaft for AC and AE, for the dExclusives auctions, the trips are all YUL or YYZ departures, why no love for the west? There are SE flyers on the west coast aren't there?

Just my 2cents...
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by YVRorange

There are SE flyers on the west coast aren't there?
We're a small group :P, but the most relaxed
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
Originally Posted by YVRorange
Why does the west coast get the shaft for EYW? This is great if you're based in YWG or YQR or in YYZ and can fly out YTZ?

West coast always get the shaft for AC and AE, for the dExclusives auctions, the trips are all YUL or YYZ departures, why no love for the west? There are SE flyers on the west coast aren't there?

Just my 2cents...
While I agree with you that this iteration of EYW is not very lucrative for the west coast, EYW1 was great. In fact, I think most of the wing-running was done in the YYJ-YVR-SEA corridor.

For EYW3, it seems the wing-running is for the prairie badge.

And yes, there are some SE flyers out here ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.