Wiki Posts
Search

Fall 2014 Earn Your Wings

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Fall 2014 Earn Your Wings

Just received an email about "Play Earn Your Wings – Exclusive to Altitude members!". Only applies to flights booked as of yesterday. Boo

The site is available here: http://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 26, 2014 at 9:05 am
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
EYW III actually looks quite decent!^

Having already requalified for SE status with very few upgrade credits left I think I'll pass this time - so good luck to everyone else! The 500k bonus miles for the top 20 participants certainly is a nice incentive!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Benner
Just received an email about "Play Earn Your Wings – Exclusive to Altitude members!". Only applies to flights booked as of yesterday. Boo
I don't understand this comment - what am I missing? My email said "Register and book your flights by October 3, 2014 and fly with Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge until November 30, 2014."

It seems to even allow for credits for flights already booked but not flown, subject to registering before flying.

I agree this looks like fun for those who have the time and money to play. The combinations are not as obscure as the past rounds, and I did like how they provided examples to clarify the wings arithmetic that has consumed forum discussions in the past.

I can't see myself earning any of the multicity badges. I can't seem to get the 2/3 or 3/5 on the same itinerary, e.g., CDG and FRA are each in various badges but not the same one. I'm not giving anyone a run for their money on this, but it's kind of fun to see.

I wish the IT department would sort the usernames alphabetically within players with the same number of wings. With 200 pages of people with the same points, and only scrolling one page at a time, it's brutal.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I don't understand this comment - what am I missing? My email said "Register and book your flights by October 3, 2014 and fly with Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge until November 30, 2014."

It seems to even allow for credits for flights already booked but not flown, subject to registering before flying.
On the web site:
After your registration is complete, book your travel between August 25 and October 3, 2014 inclusively, and fly by November 30, 2014.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:16 am

I'm likely going to give this one a pass. I may earn some wings and bonus miles, but I'm not even going to try for a top spot this time around (but that's what I said last time too).

I must be blind. I cannot locate anywhere on the site where the number of wings for each badge is shown. Can anyone shed some light on this? I looked using my iPhone and my computer (although the browser is old and might not be showing things properly).
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by YEG USER
I must be blind. I cannot locate anywhere on the site where the number of wings for each badge is shown. Can anyone shed some light on this? I looked using my iPhone and my computer (although the browser is old and might not be showing things properly).
http://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/e...y#badge-legend

Click on each section:
Destination : 250 Canada, 500 US, 750 International
Globetrotter : 2000
Cabin : 250 (Canada/US/Sun) or 500 (International)
Participation : listed with each badge

Altogether more difficult to get the badges, and you don't get as many wings. The real prize is the top 20. I'd say that 100,000 wings would be safe to be in the top 20.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:31 am

Procrastionation has worked in my favour, I have several flights for fall travel that I planned on booking over the weekend and didn't.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
So the question is how much do you spend to earn 500,000 AP? Or what value do you place on 500,000?

Canadiancow are you going for this again?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:01 am
alc

Noticed they put a max of 750K this time. That doesn't include the 500K for being top 20.

Based on last time, it might be better to wait until they have the mystery badges before booking any unnecessary trips for this.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
So the question is how much do you spend to earn 500,000 AP? Or what value do you place on 500,000?

Canadiancow are you going for this again?
WHY DIDN'T I GET AN EMAIL?

I spent $2900 last year for 550k miles. And it was fun

I also like the "MILEAGE RUN BADGE"

I'm not sure it's a great idea to book anything before the three mystery badges are announced, but I'm probably going to try to burn through my upgrade credits on this contest
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by canadiancow

I'm not sure it's a great idea to book anything before the three mystery badges are announced, but I'm probably going to try to burn through my upgrade credits on this contest

Don't feel left out, I didn't get one either! But I have registered none the less.

I did however miss the mileage run badge, that is funny!! I guess that it something that is just becoming part of Air Travel culture.

Has anyone noticed any specific rules worth calling out? ie: Flex fare needed, or no flight passes or something like that? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something .
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:16 am

I didn't get my e-mail until just 15 minutes ago. Did pretty well in the last couple contests - 4th place both times! I'm holding off as well until at least the first mystery badge.

This one is a lot harder to just do segment runs on east or west coast for a few days to rack up wings. Noticed that the cabin badges don't award anything for Latitude fares, only PY and J.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Has anyone noticed any specific rules worth calling out? ie: Flex fare needed, or no flight passes or something like that? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something .
FPs are ok, as long as it's not unlimited flight pass.

Wings, badges and Bonus Aeroplan Miles accumulation can be earned on all published fares and Flight Passes that are eligible for Aeroplan Mile accumulation. Aeroplan Mile accumulation is not applicable when travelling on an Air Canada Unlimited Flight Pass or any other promotional flight pass which does not allow mileage accumulation per flight segment flown and therefore is not eligible to earn Wings, badges and Bonus Aeroplan Miles.
All revenue fares are eligible:

To qualify for the Promotion, the flight segments must be travelled in the following eligible fare options: Tango, Flex, Latitude, Premium Economy Lowest, Premium Economy Flexible, Premium rouge, Business Class Lowest and Business Class Flexible.

http://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/conditions
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yvr76
I didn't get my e-mail until just 15 minutes ago. Did pretty well in the last couple contests - 4th place both times! I'm holding off as well until at least the first mystery badge.

This one is a lot harder to just do segment runs on east or west coast for a few days to rack up wings. Noticed that the cabin badges don't award anything for Latitude fares, only PY and J.
Yeah I figure I'll do something like v1 where I just took four days and flew around the continent, if I can come up with something reasonable there.

Shame about Latitude not being worth anything though, since I have a couple trips to book in the contest period on my FP.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:21 am

Yeah I figure I'll do something like v1 where I just took four days and flew around the continent, if I can come up with something reasonable there.
Watch out if you're going to do that on the east coast in November, especially at EWR or LGA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.