Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Presence on FT

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2014, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by guessaaa
For the rouge A319s, why did you go with 3x3 Euro-J seating for premium rouge instead of 2x2 seating, especially if you are selling it as a business class and not as a premium economy? Seems like the middle blocked seat is just wasted space at the expense of comfort.

Actually, after typing the above, I reviewed the seat layout for these aircraft again, and it now shows 2x2 seating. Are you changing out the seats or is this a misrepresentation? The booking engine still shows 3x3. http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-100rouge.html
I think the graphic is totally wrong....every Rouge319 that I have been on has a 3.3 layout in Premium Rouge with the middle seat of each 3 blocked out by pillows....I flew a Premium Rouge 319 last Saturday and it was 3.3 configuration...I'd be surprised if they had already changed them back to regular J class 2.2 configuration in the past 5 days......especially with no announcement
Old May 24, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by guessaaa
For the rouge A319s, why did you go with 3x3 Euro-J seating for premium rouge instead of 2x2 seating, especially if you are selling it as a business class and not as a premium economy? Seems like the middle blocked seat is just wasted space at the expense of comfort.
I believe this is so they can swap out aircraft for routes that fly in all Y configs. Although I'm not sure how many routes do this, it seems like something that can be managed internally.

I would ask AC to comment and address on the service issues with rouge. How do you expect even your most loyal customers to pay for premium rouge when it has both an inferior hard and soft product? Every other post on the rouge thread is similar to this:

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
After flying Rouge in Z class from LAX-YYC yesterday I can say that if they just replaced the Premium Rouge seats up front with proper seats I wouldn't mind Rouge.

That and make the front lav J only. There was a steady stream of PAX coming through the entire flight, forming a lineup.

Flight attendants need more training, didn't address pax by name, didn't know what scotch was, and didn't know what kind of wines they had only the country.
Old May 24, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
What if you had bought LMU for YYZ-YVR first then requested the YHZ-YYZ upgrade? Or can you not use ecredits after you've checked in? Can you cancel the check in after buying LMU (and still keep the LMU)?

Or bought 2 one-way tickets, separately. No additional cost, but 2 different pnrs.
Old May 24, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Originally Posted by yvr76
I believe this is so they can swap out aircraft for routes that fly in all Y configs. Although I'm not sure how many routes do this, it seems like something that can be managed internally.

I would ask AC to comment and address on the service issues with rouge. How do you expect even your most loyal customers to pay for premium rouge when it has both an inferior hard and soft product? Every other post on the rouge thread is similar to this:
Good point. When I fly within North America I usually choose AC and fly paid J/Z. I will switch to a US carrier and pay their F even with connections rather than pay (through the nose) for the inferior premium rouge on the 319.

As I wrote before, rouge is nothing more than mainline prices for a lousy (and inferior) hard product.
Old May 24, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by moorw003
Does it really matter. You get on the plane, you fly on the plane, you get off the plane.

I like priority boarding because, especially on full regional flights and the 777HD, you are guaranteed rack space.

But it doesn't matter if 1/4 of the plane is priority.
You need to fly on long haul but short trips more.
Old May 24, 2014, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Lllahim
1. (...)Many buy expensive fares such as B and O to improve their upgrade chances on long haul trips. They actually want to upgrade at booking. They are lots out there who buy J, Z, C....AC knows that the so-called bottom feeder group is too small to base policy.
2. If one spends 30K+ on fares annually, surely it should not be too difficult to squeeze SE out of that budget. There are plenty of suggestions on FT on how that is done.
#2-If you spend $30k and do not have status, you're doing it wrong (unless little choice and always on full J fares which is very few people that I know.)
As for #1, sure, I want to do that, but corporate policy does not allow me to.
Old May 24, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC Elite 50K
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Or bought 2 one-way tickets, separately. No additional cost, but 2 different pnrs.
You can't nonstop YHZ->YVR you must connect. And if you LMU you cant e upgrade the other segment and vice versa. /If you eupgrade at checkin you are waitlisted even if R>0. So you never ever checkin and upgrade you do it before.
Old May 24, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LittleYHZ
You can't nonstop YHZ->YVR you must connect. And if you LMU you cant e upgrade the other segment and vice versa. /If you eupgrade at checkin you are waitlisted even if R>0. So you never ever checkin and upgrade you do it before.
I misinterpreted your post - I thought you were stating that you had the departing (from YHZ) and arriving (to YHZ) flights on the same pnr. I thought you were saying that if you did a LMU in one direction of this type of booking, you could not upgrade on the other direction of this booking. Sorry.
Old May 24, 2014, 9:04 pm

TO AC Altitude - is this an error on AC web site?

See post #162 of TSA precheck thread.

This is the quote:

I believe the AC instructions defining NEXUS number are mistranslated and it intends to refer to the "nine digits that precede the SC ###" (and not "nine digits followed by SC ###" which I think the translator believes is the same thing, but English speakers do not). Just the nine digits is what I input, and it works on OLCI. (If input at the time of buying a ticket, it has interfered with OLCI so I don't input any of that stuff until OLCI.)
Old May 25, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Well, part of the 'problem' as you put it, is our agents are human like anyone else, and occasionally make mistakes like anyone else. They are great, knowledgeable people who work hard, and clearly we try and ensure they have the best training for the job, but when policies change or you are asking for a complex itin - well I'm sure you can appreciate that sometimes mistakes happen.
Interesting. Sometimes? Occasionally? It happens so infrequently that here the so often recommended strategy is HUCA? So I will conclude that you have no knowledge of the extent of the problem. Besides, policies change so of course our phone reps give wrong answers. But we ensure they have the best training, so all must be good in AC-Landia. Don't say differently, we don't want to hear that, we know better. And, given the tenor of many of the answers in this thread, it is not an economic environment where are our service model would be viable and allow sustained profitability should we provide better service... and in any case in this regard we are better than our domestic competitor... oh, actually not.

Last edited by tcook052; May 25, 2014 at 9:30 am
Old May 25, 2014, 5:12 am
Suspended

Opaque rules and fees

Why is it so difficult to clearly state the change fee on purchased tickets and make sure it matches what agents see on my file?

It's completely random. I have been charged $50 when expecting to pay $200; And I was forced to pay $250 when expecting $75. (And been refunded it later by your Calgary team).

What kind of contract is that if neither party has a clue as to how it is executed?

Is this done on purpose to confuse? Or is it pure and simple incompetence on ACs part, failing to make sure pax actually have a reasonable understanding about what they are purchasing?

A lot of silly things end up taking hours of call center time to resolve. I have literally spent more time making bookings than the time it takes to actually fly them!

Hang up and call again is part of the "solution", which is a sad state of affairs.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Agree. There is always only possible upside, and no downside, to having
to separate one-ways on North American flights.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: AC Elite 50K
I misinterpreted your post - I thought you were stating that you had the departing (from YHZ) and arriving (to YHZ) flights on the same pnr. I thought you were saying that if you did a LMU in one direction of this type of booking, you could not upgrade on the other direction of this booking. Sorry.
I should have been clearer. The issue is if you upgrade one flight with eupgrades on a connecting itinerary you can't buy up the other one. Resulting in a revenue loss to AC.
Old May 25, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
@rankourabu... That's why I usually wait until after 4:00 EST before calling. That way I get staff in Vancouver instead of Montreal. I have found the Van. staff to be able to offer help and good service... without the attitude.
Old May 25, 2014, 2:24 pm
formerly with Air Canada

Originally Posted by danapop
So edmontonians should not expect increase TB even on rouge then?
I didn't say that. What I did say is there are numerous new market opportunities we are studying for both rouge and mainline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.