FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC Presence on FT (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1576943-ac-presence-ft.html)

Ben Lipsey May 14, 2014 7:17 am

AC Presence on FT

Hi all,

I've been a member of this community since 2006, and was a lurker before that. When I first stumbled across FlyerTalk, it was a redirect from Google and initially I couldn't believe there were others out there like me who were obsessed with this industry: I read trip reports for fun, I think in city codes, I will go out of my way to add a few extra segments (preferably in J) to my trip just for the sake of it. I love the AC brand and have wanted to work there since I was 12 years old.

Well, now I do work for Air Canada. I actually have FlyerTalk to thank for helping me get my job, but that's another story.

I know that we have not always been been as active in this forum as many of you would have liked; I'm here with the support of the company to try to change that. I will chime in and answer questions where I can, offering help to those that need it and giving insight where appropriate. We will still use the Air Canada Altitude account to officially communicate with you regarding the Altitude program and related topics, but for the rest I'm happy to be the point of contact.

Speaking of contact, and in the interests of transparency, my email address is [email protected] - please feel free to use it.

I look forward to starting the conversation with you.

Ben

Cana2013 May 14, 2014 7:20 am

Welcome Ben. Very nice to have you here.

rehoult May 14, 2014 7:22 am

Glad to hear it Ben. More customer engagement is never a bad thing.

If you are going to be officially representing Air Canada you should send a message over to FT and have them change your account to be a company rep. It'll give your messages the weight deserved and also let people know who they are dealing with.

rehoult May 14, 2014 7:23 am

First question: what's your role with AC?

Ben Lipsey May 14, 2014 7:38 am

Originally Posted by rehoult (Post 22862385)
First question: what's your role with AC?

Manager, Commercial Projects. I work across the Commercial branch (under Ben Smith) doing various projects as they arise.

jbb May 14, 2014 7:47 am

Originally Posted by rehoult (Post 22862374)
Glad to hear it Ben. More customer engagement is never a bad thing.

If you are going to be officially representing Air Canada you should send a message over to FT and have them change your account to be a company rep. It'll give your messages the weight deserved and also let people know who they are dealing with.

^
Agree, more customer engagement and transparency is never a bad thing!

hoob May 14, 2014 7:51 am

I wonder if Mr. Lipsey is an "official" online engagement person, or has yet to receive the corporate training about not being such? The intro email hints at it but doesn't sound particularly official.

Ben Lipsey May 14, 2014 8:03 am

Originally Posted by hoob (Post 22862522)
I wonder if Mr. Lipsey is an "official" online engagement person, or has yet to receive the corporate training about not being such? The intro email hints at it but doesn't sound particularly official.

It's a good question, but to be honest, I'm not an "official" online engagement anything. I'm smiply here as a representative of the company to try and have a conversation with our most engaged flyers, very much like ACYYZ/SD. Ben Smith and Craig Landry are both aware, and we all agree that it's not often you find such a confluence of people who decide to discuss your company, product, and brand in their own time. I think it would be nice to share the company's perspective on some of the issues that are most pressing on here.

kellytoronto May 14, 2014 8:06 am

I would start with engaging the customers who have defected so AC can understand the impact to top/bottom line.

Binflyin May 14, 2014 8:20 am

Welcome Ben.

Perhaps you can shed so light on when the new 787 will carry revenue passengers and what the route will be. So far there is no definitive schedule.

ZRH is still showing as flying the 787 starting May 25th but I suppose that is subject to change. So, what is the probability of the 787 actually starting trans-atlantic to ZRH on the 25th?

B788 May 14, 2014 8:24 am

Originally Posted by benjybl (Post 22862603)
It's a good question, but to be honest, I'm not an "official" online engagement anything. I'm smiply here as a representative of the company to try and have a conversation with our most engaged flyers, very much like ACYYZ/SD. Ben Smith and Craig Landry are both aware, and we all agree that it's not often you find such a confluence of people who decide to discuss your company, product, and brand in their own time. I think it would be nice to share the company's perspective on some of the issues that are most pressing on here.

Welcome Ben.
I think an open and honest approach works best in communicating with your Top Tier Members and to keep it alive on a more frequent basis. I appreciate the company being proactive in advancing your help in this regard.

If I may go first; would you be in a position to disclose and confirm what will be the first couple of inaugural flights for the new Fin#801 B-788 before it starts it's month deployment YYZ-ZRH-YYZ?

Stranger May 14, 2014 8:40 am

Welcome aboard, Ben.

Since you know us here, surely you know what to expect and you got your bullet-proof vest ready? :D

Diabeetus May 14, 2014 8:46 am

Welcome Ben!

Thank you for taking the initiative of being a point of contact.

I know you have thought this through, and hope you are ready with thick skin and a lot of patience to deal with being the messenger that people will shoot at. :)

airbus320 May 14, 2014 8:46 am

Welcome Ben. :cool:

Your time spent posting in the forum and previously as a lurker will prepare you for the occasional spirited discussions in the AC forum.

Ben Lipsey May 14, 2014 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Binflyin (Post 22862679)
Welcome Ben.

Perhaps you can shed so light on when the new 787 will carry revenue passengers and what the route will be. So far there is no definitive schedule.

ZRH is still showing as flying the 787 starting May 25th but that I suppose that is subject to change. So, what is the probability of the 787 actually starting trans-atlantic to ZRH on the 25th?

First 787 trips will be YYZ-YHZ on May 23/24/25 (AC604/AC615/AC616/AC635) and then YYZ-ZRH 878/879 on May 25 as planned. Of course this is all subject to change, but for now that's the plan.