Search

AC Presence on FT

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Ben Smith

J New next generation direct aisle access POD

Y
^^ the slave ship seating even in J removed a key differentiator for AC J class travel- glad to see it ending.
Old May 16, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Ben Smith
The market fares on these routes are not high enough to sustain mainline product/costs forcing us to decrease capacity or completely withdraw.

The 777HD and rouge will help position us to regain a sustainable position in these markets.
YUL-CDG we were the #3 or #4 player depending on month
YVR-Hawaii we went from majority share to minority share
YVR-California same as above
LAS MCO PHX same as above
Cuba Dominican Republic Mexico same as above
While that may well be true, I fail to see how rouging the route helps. Up to last year, I flew AC YVR - LAX or SFO regularly, paying a little more to get on the E90 row 12 rather than UA E-. Now my options are UA mainline or AC Rouge at the same price - going with UA is a no brainer. Since I get 50% of the miles on UA, this also tips the balance for me to switch to AS / AA.
Old May 16, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Silvercity
Good day Ben,
Can you make any comment on any change to the MM program. Presently the 50K lifetime is not worth it and needs to change to at least E75. I also would like to see the 2MM plateau changed as it's a complete waste to me and others.
So you say E50K is not worth your time and needs to be enhanced. Lets test this theory.

I will offer you CAD $1000 for your right to lifetime E50k. Offer conditional only on Ben Smith approving this one time transaction.

Do you think I have priced the offer too low? If so, what is your counter offer? How much is your lifetime E50k million miler status worth to you?
Old May 16, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
A little late to the party, but congrats Ben ^

We all know it won't be easy, but I for one absolutely appreciate your efforts and participation. Cheers
Old May 16, 2014, 10:11 am
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
YYC question for the Bens:

With the new intl / TB terminal opening next year, any word as to whether we'll get a MLL in both the TB and intl concourses?

Heard there were ongoing negotiations with the YYCAA but wondered if there were any concrete decisions?
Old May 16, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
As winnipegrev said and you quoted, Ben didn't promise 42 J seats in the new config. He said “the number of seats will not materially change”. That still means we're likely losing a some seats, just not many.
Get it now My translation was off on this one... so it means it could go in the 36-40 range for example.
Old May 16, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by Silvercity
Give me a break!
I wasn't suggesting it's not worthy. I suggest that if you fly MM lifetime you deserve full Gold status in both Domestic and Internationally. E75 has a higher status Internationally(where most of my travel goes). Although it's the 2MM plateau that truly needs changing.

P.S I will take a case of 1945 Chateau Mouton Rothschild in OWC.

Is there a link to where the benefits of MM and 2MM are defined? I cannot seem to find anything.

D.
Old May 16, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: AC, SPG, HH +others
Another question for Ben on upgrades.

Why are passengers on the same PNR not processed together at the gate? I'm travelling with my wife today and I'm told that my chances look good but hers are iffy as there are a couple of E50's in front of her. I'm SE travelling on the same PNR and we have the same last name.
Old May 16, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by danapop
Is there a link to where the benefits of MM and 2MM are defined? I cannot seem to find anything.

D.
Sign into your Dashboard and if your over 500K lifetime to date on AC Metal you will see the link below you status miles for this year.
Old May 16, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by CT1
YYC question for the Bens:

With the new intl / TB terminal opening next year, any word as to whether we'll get a MLL in both the TB and intl concourses?

Heard there were ongoing negotiations with the YYCAA but wondered if there were any concrete decisions?
The bigger question WRT the YYC MLL is what will happen to the domestic MLL.

The YYC Airport is putting an addition onto the current terminal that will result in larger sterile corridor place infront of the current small sterile corridor. On the Concourse A side, the expanded sterile corridor is to go right through the current domestic MLL.

If you look outside the Banff Hall food court area you can see the pilons being constructed for the new sterile corridor. Also the departures level Tim Hortons has been ripped out. My guestimate is that Concourse A security will be expanded into the Tim Horton's location in order to provide an adequate set back to allow for the sterile corridor that will stretch from concourse D through to the International concourse.
Old May 16, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by 767300ER
Quote:
The confirmation that the 777's will keep 42 J seats in the new config is great
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
He never said that, I think he is just saying there won't be a big drop.

Quoted by Ben

On the refurbishment of our initial 18 77W/77L aircraft I can tell you the following:
Business Class will be our improved and advanced POD which will debut on our 788/789 fleet - the number of seats will not materially change vs what we offer today on those 18 aircraft
Specifically the words used were not materially change, which mean not by a significant amount.
Old May 16, 2014, 11:00 am
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
Originally Posted by WR Cage

The YYC Airport is putting an addition onto the current terminal that will result in larger sterile corridor place infront of the current small sterile corridor. On the Concourse A side, the expanded sterile corridor is to go right through the current domestic MLL.

If you look outside the Banff Hall food court area you can see the pilons being constructed for the new sterile corridor. Also the departures level Tim Hortons has been ripped out. My guestimate is that Concourse A security will be expanded into the Tim Horton's location in order to provide an adequate set back to allow for the sterile corridor that will stretch from concourse D through to the International concourse.
Yeah I heard YYCAA wanted a slice of the current MLL. To the Bens: any word on what happens to domestic MLL as well?
Old May 16, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Get it now My translation was off on this one... so it means it could go in the 36-40 range for example.
Yeah, I think that's a reasonable interpretation.
Old May 16, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by WR Cage

Whoa, I didn't realize the corridor's going through the current MLL! Is there more info about this somewhere?
Old May 16, 2014, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by acysb87
You could add YYZ..... Hamburg/Berlin to latitude flight passes as a thought as well.
Yes!

I fly to Berlin 3 times per year, and would quite possibly be inclined to purchase an appropriate flight pass to do this IF I could use it! Terminating in MUC, FRA or ZRH is not attractive at all for me.

No doubt you could figure out an arrangement with LH, 4U or LX to take customer that one extra hop, no? I could imagine that lots of people here would be takers if you could add on a domestic segment within the country to which AC takes you. It's not like the fare to TXL is usually different from that to FRA or MUC in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.