Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Presence on FT

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by Silvercity
Sign into your Dashboard and if your over 500K lifetime to date on AC Metal you will see the link below you status miles for this year.
yes but I meant does AC publish what the benefits of reach MM or 2MM or 3MM are? I cant find anything.
Old May 16, 2014, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by 4havnfun
Another question for Ben on upgrades.

Why are passengers on the same PNR not processed together at the gate? I'm travelling with my wife today and I'm told that my chances look good but hers are iffy as there are a couple of E50's in front of her. I'm SE travelling on the same PNR and we have the same last name.
If you are on the Same PNR you should be upgraded at the same time. This JUST happened to me FRA-YYC. I am SE and my wife is no status. When we got to FRA I went to the customer service desk as asked where we ere on the List. J3 I was number 1 and she was number 2 with 3 other SE behind us...
Old May 16, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: AC, SPG, HH +others
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by danapop
If you are on the Same PNR you should be upgraded at the same time. This JUST happened to me FRA-YYC. I am SE and my wife is no status. When we got to FRA I went to the customer service desk as asked where we ere on the List. J3 I was number 1 and she was number 2 with 3 other SE behind us...
I'm proof that it doesn't work that way. Currently sitting in 12b YYZ-YOW because I didn't want to abandon my wife in 12a on the 1st leg of a vacation to Europe. Great way to treat an SE
Old May 16, 2014, 11:58 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
yes but I meant does AC publish what the benefits of reach MM or 2MM or 3MM are? I cant find anything.
From 2010, but still valid for the general benefits:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post14462404
Old May 16, 2014, 12:10 pm

I'm proof that it doesn't work that way. Currently sitting in 12b YYZ-YOW because I didn't want to abandon my wife in 12a on the 1st leg of a vacation to Europe. Great way to treat an SE
Odd. I dont understand who it could work different for different people. I saw this upgrade list myself and my wife was #2. We both cleared with a list of 8 people... for only 3 seats. I know Dorian commented he had the same experience as you

Hope everything else works!
Old May 16, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
You know the right thing to do would have been to take the upgrade and then let your wife sit in J.
Old May 16, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I've had that happen before. Same PNR, I got upgraded, my 10 year-old niece did not! Had to give up my upgrade as we couldn't be split apart between different cabins and business class was otherwise full.
Old May 16, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CanTraveller
Although some people here might not like to hear that, but personally I believe AC should also restrict priority boarding to Elite 50K and higher and maybe consider separate boarding for SE's. I have seen flights with 80% of the people in the priority lane.
Zoned boarding has been discussed many times on this forum, and AC did some trials last year. If they eliminated E35K and some credit card holders for priority boarding, we could probably keep the status quo without moving to zoned boarding.

Priority check-in also needs to be addressed, with the recent influx of Aeroplan card holders entitled to use it.
Old May 16, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
First I've ever heard of this happening and 100% the opposite of my experience and all times witnessing the same with other travellers (all the way to the point of one traveller being threatened with denied boarding).

Once I watched a GA pull up the rule on her terminal showing that at the gate each individuals status is what mattered....though I did not see the screen.
Old May 16, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by yvr76
Zoned boarding has been discussed many times on this forum, and AC did some trials last year. If they eliminated E35K and some credit card holders for priority boarding, we could probably keep the status quo without moving to zoned boarding.

Priority check-in also needs to be addressed, with the recent influx of Aeroplan card holders entitled to use it.
It has become a farce with many of my flights having half the aircraft in the priority lane. The only time this isn't true is on the HD (obviously).
Old May 16, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Ben Smith
We came very close to not offering any differentiated product at all (seat pitch options only)
Premium rouge is different to mainline J - because we are selling an integrated network and support GDS and eventually code-share the positioning of Premium rouge seems to sometimes get confused as mainline J. We are working on ways to address this and we are also looking at improved pricing options for Premium rouge as well.
Service for Premium rouge needs to be addressed. I've only had 1 poor service experience in J on mainline in probably a few hundred segments (both domestic and international). From the feedback here and also from friends, it looks like it's a crap shoot as to whether you'll get consistent (J) service with premium rouge.

Not taking SE meal orders first, FAs disappearing after meal service, not offering coffee/water, not restricting the front bathroom to the J cabin etc. - all these things add up.

I'll be flying out YVR-SFO in late June on mainline and then returning on July 1st on the very first rouge flight that day. Should be interesting.
Old May 16, 2014, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Not that I'm saying this is a good solution, but you can enter the booking reference in the regular manage bookings area and select them that way.
I learned something new today,thanks
Old May 16, 2014, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ben Smith
YYZBGI was a route that could have gone either way (market yields). Initially we did not have the ability to fly a mainline widebody aircraft this year during the peak winter and having the ability to fly a rouge 767 was a big factor in our initial decision to transfer this route to rouge. Now with a firm plan to refurbish the 777s and an updated 787 delivery plan we became more comfortable with our ability to continue to make available a mainline 777/333/763 to fly this route during winter. Therefore you can expect this route to operate as mainline on a year-round basis from October of this year.

I hope that helps.
Great news D^ We have spoken about this route on a number of occasions.

777/330/763 mainline aircraft will bring big smiles to those folks at BTA. I had lunch with a former member of BTA and I know they lobbied hard to maintain mainline service. Their prayers are answered.

Will be booking BGI soon.
Old May 16, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: AP SPG HH
Booked already acysb87
Old May 16, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
The winter YYZ-SXM flights have always been operated by 763. Are there any plans to 'Rouge' this for the 2014-15 winter season?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.