Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Had precheck on my LAX-YVR BP a couple of days ago. There was a sign at security advertising the precheck, but no other instructions. None of the TSA employees acknowledged the precheck or directed me to the appropriate screening line. I was told that it was up to me to point the precheck status out to them.
Old May 14, 2014, 6:16 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tireman77
The cherry on the sundae: Last flight, was travelling with my Dad. Booked on UA.com, No Nexus/Goes, No status, Canadian citizen, Canadian resident He got TSA Pre, and I was stuck in the third world.
Ouch! Something tells me you may have a "special flag" on your file
Old May 14, 2014, 8:59 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Absolute
Ouch! Something tells me you may have a "special flag" on your file
You've obviously seen my passport picture...
Old May 14, 2014, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My YYZ-SFO flight on Monday had TSA PRECHK on it.

Nice to see it's definitely working (and for me), but alas, all I had was the NEXUS line
Old May 15, 2014, 4:11 am

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Just checked in on web for flight from PHL tomorrow, and was notified that I was approved for precheck but that I had to reprint the pass at the airport.
Old May 15, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA blue
I was put into prechk line the last trip I took in March from FLL to YYZ. Was in J. Showed my bp to the tsa person who openend up the pre chk line and allowedd me in. Not sure why other than probably a need to randomly put people in it. I've heard that TSA needs to increase the numbers of travellers in the pre check lines to justify the cost. Was a nice experience not to have to remove everything just place contents of pockets into a small bowl and walk thru metal detector.
Old May 16, 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
My YYZ-SFO flight on Monday had TSA PRECHK on it.
TSA agent yesterday at SFO Int-G told me that they have a Precheck line before 1pm.
Old May 16, 2014, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyzsfoflyer
TSA agent yesterday at SFO Int-G told me that they have a Precheck line before 1pm.
And after that?

I've definitely been there for red-eyes and heard an agent shout "THIS GUY IS PRECHECK!"
Old May 16, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ylwae
Had precheck on my LAX-YVR BP a couple of days ago. There was a sign at security advertising the precheck, but no other instructions. None of the TSA employees acknowledged the precheck or directed me to the appropriate screening line. I was told that it was up to me to point the precheck status out to them.
Just flew out of LAX yesterday with Precheck on my BP. I was given a orange "TSA PRECHECK" laminate at the entry of the lane (downstairs) and directed to the appropriate lane. Shoes and jacket on, laptop in the bag.

It was around 7:45 AM.
Old May 16, 2014, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
And after that?

I've definitely been there for red-eyes and heard an agent shout "THIS GUY IS PRECHECK!"
I went through at 1:30pm or so and had to join the regular line up.
Old May 16, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
How is this supposed to help if you're departing from Canada? It made no difference to me in the YVR transborder preclearance security area yesterday.
Old May 16, 2014, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by antirealist
How is this supposed to help if you're departing from Canada? It made no difference to me in the YVR transborder preclearance security area yesterday.
It doesn't. TSA Pre-check is a USA offering only. The closest thing to it is the pilot Nexus security line in at YYZ transborder.
Old May 16, 2014, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by antirealist
I don't think it helps in Canada at all. This allows you to use precheck when traveling on Air Canada in the US (previously you could use precheck if flying to Canada on a US carrier but not AC). I know there is a separate nexus security line in the YYZ transborder area where you don't need to take off shoes, etc. I only fly out of YYZ so I don't know about other airports but I had assumed this was available at all airports. I guess I was wrong - I hope it is expanded to other airports, it saves a lot of time.
Old May 16, 2014, 7:41 pm

It doesn't. TSA Pre-check is a USA offering only. The closest thing to it is the pilot Nexus security line in at YYZ transborder.
I guess that answers my question in the post below yours. I didn't realize this was a pilot project. Hopefully it is expanded for nexus holders in other airports to take advantage of. I love it!!
Old May 16, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
It doesn't. TSA Pre-check is a USA offering only.
So what is the point of printing it on boarding passes for flights out of Canada?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.