Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gtpdiddy
I've had Pre check not granted b/c of the PAX name I entered. Have people had similar experience? My NEXUS has my middle name and when I entered them as initials Precheck doesn't recognize it. I looked back at my pre check approval on my BP and that was when only my first and last name was included.

Thoughts?
Gilbert
Lots of reports of problems in the UA forum (and presumably the forums of other carriers with precheck access) on this. Best to enter your name on your ticket to exactly match what you have with Nexus - otherwise the TSA system may not properly match you with your PASS ID and cause precheck denial.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Excellent news! My only concern is the Nexus line will be very long now at YYZ with the Pre-Check qualification unless they open more lines. Also the screening is still a bit slow compared to US airport.
Unless Canada is doing things differently, these are two separate things. Having Nexus can qualify you for precheck, but it is not a guarantee of precheck. You can also be eligible for precheck without nexus.

Based on these two factors, especially the first one mentioned, I doubt the nexus lane will exclusively become the precheck lane.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM
Excellent news. Saw the word PreCheck on my boarding pass at MIA today and thought I was hallucinating for a moment.

Note that your print-at-home BP says ...

You've been cleared for TSA Pre✓™. To use this service at a participating airport you must reprint your boarding pass at a self-serve kiosk (where applicable) or see an agent.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:22 pm

Excellent news! My only concern is the Nexus line will be very long now at YYZ with the Pre-Check qualification unless they open more lines. Also the screening is still a bit slow compared to US airport.
This has nothing to do with YYZ. TSA Pre-Check is a USA initiative for flights departing from US airports. This won't change anything for flights departing YYZ.

Canadian citizens with Nexus are eligible for pre-check in the USA. Non-Nexus pre-check people will not be eligible to use the Nexus line at Canadian airports because of this announcement.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I guess you'll be relieved to know that YYZ isn't a participating airport then.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
^^^^^^

In anticipation of this, I put my middle name on my ticket purchase last week. Flying UA south from BUF but on AC coming back so hopefully that will bypass the MCO-zoo.

:-::-::-::-::-::-::-:
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Sweet ^

You get spoiled when flying in the US on UA/US with precheck and then when flying AC you have to be in the regular line
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
According to Ottawa Citizen article, for now PreCheck will not be available for on-line check-in.

link: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/busines...695/story.html
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
The TSA Precheck section of US Homeland Security now has AC listed as a participating airline:

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/faqs
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Happy to report that I checked-in at ORD today and that everything worked well, my boarding pass showing the TSA PRECHK CODE. It was busy with long lines at reg checkpoints ... but the Pre check had a 2 min waiting time when I was there ..A great improvement!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:15 pm

I wonder how far WestJet and Porter are behind AC in participating in this program.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:34 pm

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...
Guess it is time to start double checking boarding passes at CLE check in so I may redirect those who are eligible to the correct areas before I head off to DEN...

CLE 2 DEN
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
As an aside, it's amazing how uniformed people on facebook are, posting all sorts of bizarre negative comments about the TSA Pre announcement.

https://www.facebook.com/aircanada
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I wonder how far WestJet and Porter are behind AC in participating in this program.
Pretty far, I'd imagine. At least in Westjet's case.

For an airline to join PreCheck, TSA obviously puts the burden on the airline -- and there's apparently a pretty significant IT investment required to make it work. Westjet is decidedly low tech when it comes to passenger-facing systems (basic online booking, zero mobile apps, a clunky "rewards" interface). Also, unlike AC and the major US carriers, their cross-border traffic is pretty heavily weighted towards leisure travellers. Probably not a big demand for PreCheck (or even an awareness of it!) among their Orlando- or Palm Springs-bound snowbirds.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.2228 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
As an aside, it's amazing how uniformed people on facebook are, posting all sorts of bizarre negative comments about the TSA Pre announcement.

https://www.facebook.com/aircanada
Some of the comments on that thread are odd. A lot are, actually. I feel empathy for AC's social media team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.