Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
The AC.com page does indicate that SFO will only be available at select times. Given there are about 12 hours between first and last AC flights to YVR, what time were you travelling?

It might be a good data point for me given I have a lunchtime SFO-YYZ flight in July.
At SFO, only Terminals 1, 2 and 3 have Precheck. International A & G do not. However, Terminal 3 and International G are connected past security, so that's why "it depends". AC uses G gates before 8am and after 3pm, A gates in between those times.

So, most likely no Precheck. On the plus side, you get to use the Delta lounge which is better than United Club.
Old May 6, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyzsfoflyer
International A & G do not.
I have seen Pre-Check lines at A & G recently. Not full time, but they have been there.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
At SFO, only Terminals 1, 2 and 3 have Precheck. International A & G do not. However, Terminal 3 and International G are connected past security, so that's why "it depends". AC uses G gates before 8am and after 3pm, A gates in between those times.

So, most likely no Precheck. On the plus side, you get to use the Delta lounge which is better than United Club.
Originally Posted by D582
I have seen Pre-Check lines at A & G recently. Not full time, but they have been there.
I can't speak for A, but G definitely has it. Sometimes it's a dedicated line, and other times (like when I usually travel), it's the document checker shouting "THIS GUY IS PRE CHECK" to someone else, which allows them to go through the WTMD instead of the nude-o-scope.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I can't speak for A, but G definitely has it. Sometimes it's a dedicated line, and other times (like when I usually travel), it's the document checker shouting "THIS GUY IS PRE CHECK" to someone else, which allows them to go through the WTMD instead of the nude-o-scope.
Last time I went through (last week) the staffer guarding the priority line at G was telling me that International does not have Precheck and I should go to 3. I'll push the point next time. Thanks!
Old May 6, 2014, 11:44 am

Last time I went through (last week) the staffer guarding the priority line at G was telling me that International does not have Precheck and I should go to 3. I'll push the point next time. Thanks!
Check out the United forum too. That's where I get most of my information on this

I'll be trying it Thursday afternoon, and I'll also report back then.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:21 pm

Just checked in for my flight out of SFO. No notice about Pre✓. I'll get the BP reprinted at the airport tomorrow anyway.

I wonder if I entered something wrong
Old May 7, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Precheck won't show on OLCI boarding passes yet. You have to reprint your BP at a kiosk or with an agent.

I flew out of SFO on Sunday, checked in online and then re-printed by BP using the kiosk. Used my passport during checkin, but the kiosk still prompts for a Known Traveller #. Worked like a charm and was able to bypass the long line for document check at G security.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Just got my first PRECHK AC BP today flying out of DCA ^

Had to print out at a kiosk, as expected. When doing web check-in there is notation under the BP image, something like "You've been clear for TSA Pre✓, but you need to print out your BP at the airport".

Worked like a charm. I love this!
Old May 7, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Just got my first PRECHK AC BP today flying out of DCA ^

Had to print out at a kiosk, as expected. When doing web check-in there is notation under the BP image, something like "You've been clear for TSA Pre✓, but you need to print out your BP at the airport".

Worked like a charm. I love this!
So your name is now TSA PRECHK... great job AC on that boarding pass design
Old May 7, 2014, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Precheck won't show on OLCI boarding passes yet. You have to reprint your BP at a kiosk or with an agent.
Sort of.

Originally Posted by gabdusch
This is what I was referring to. The way AC Altitude described it I mistakenly assumed it would be huge.

So I just went back through OLCI, and what do I notice?
* You've been cleared for TSA Pre✓™. To use this service at a participating airport you must reprint your boarding pass at a self-serve kiosk (where available) or see an agent.
Old May 7, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Doh! I did not even notice, but you're totally right, that's where the name used to go.

Another great implementation piggy backed onto that ageing IT system...
Old May 7, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE

Good catch as in some US locations they like to pull that small stub off for their security records.

If they keep the larger part and we need to submit a claim for luggage or missing points they want a boarding pass so our names are now gone if they keep the larger part.

I will need to print two BP then, just in case
Old May 8, 2014, 8:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Good catch as in some US locations they like to pull that small stub off for their security records.

If they keep the larger part and we need to submit a claim for luggage or missing points they want a boarding pass so our names are now gone if they keep the larger part.

I will need to print two BP then, just in case
Does the name necessarily need to be on it for that though? In theory, you're the only person in seat X on flight ZZZZ on that day.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I can speak for A gates at SFO! Much to my surprise, they had a Pre line last Sat when I was catching AC 563. No line whatsoever--was awesome.

Even if G doesn't at certain times, the F checkpoint in Terminal 3 is now during all flight hours and you can take the airside pedway back to the G gates.
Old May 8, 2014, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by sinalet
I can speak for A gates at SFO! Much to my surprise, they had a Pre line last Sat when I was catching AC 563. No line whatsoever--was awesome.

Even if G doesn't at certain times, the F checkpoint in Terminal 3 is now during all flight hours and you can take the airside pedway back to the G gates.
So I have to go to the AC check-in counters, which are on the A side of international.

Then walk not just "all the way" to G, but past G, and to 3. And then walk back to G?

No thanks

Anyway, I'll have a report on my experience within 9 hours

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.